Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Postby Euan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 pm

12 o’clock kickoff so I’ll miss the game, despite my season ticket.
I’ll record it and watch it at 2pm when I finish work.
Not expecting any sort of Accies result so not taking time off...I’ll be delighted to be wrong though ;)
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 am

This should be a routine win for Celtic. I would regard anything from a 2 - 1 victory downwards for Celtic as a decent display from Hamilton. I think this is too soon for Scot Martin but I think the German lad might get a start with Mackinnon on from the start. Big Easton will feature alongside Stubbs. I assume Oggie and Oakley up front. Thought long and hard about not going as the atmosphere is vile but I want to see if the stewarding and ticketing for the home fans has been sorted. If not the club is playing at it. If Celtic fans get into the home end using free season tickets then whatever group they were issued to should have them taken back by the club. Won’t happen though.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Brian, it’s about time that we got a result against this lot....make it happen!

Always have the ‘fear’ with these games. Not on the result, as any point is a bonus, but with the travelling support and lack of stalwart stewarding.

As said, it’s vile beyond belief. So much so that I too am seriously thinking about leaving my ST at home. And there’s no way that I’d be lending it to any ‘tic fan!
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:18 pm

We've had years of the Club ignoring the fact that both sets of the Old Firm supporters are regularly in the home stand end. Last time it was suggested that it was sponsor's 'free' tickets that caused some issues. Why are those "guest's" not seated in the same section as our directors. This would highlight very quickly anyone behaving badly.

I'll be at the game, but there is bound to be more than the odd infiltrator, so one can only hope that there is minimal disruption, and that the stewards, AND POLICE, take early action to eject anyone in breach of what is a clear segregation policy. So Sad, as Donald Chump would say :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:40 pm

A problem we have at these games is the free charity season books are 99.9% not given to fans of the club and are for organisations in the main who are outwith the town.

Notwithstanding,it is good to test ourselves against the best and I would rather be playing these games than the likes of Arbroath.

Been speaking to a few Celtic fans who think we will give them a game.As is the case here,our midfield let's us down against the likes of Livvy never mind the Old Firm-so a hard ask.

As always,I wait to I see the team before making my mind up,so hopefully no random out of nowhere selections as is the norm in televised games.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:22 am

I think a lot will depend which Celtic team turn up. They have a big mid week game coming up so may not be at full throttle. If however they do play to their potential, with our defence I can see this easily being 4 or 5

Its a strong side from Celtic with them showing off their new loan signing from Southampton, who was worth £16 million. What will he make of Accies ground?

Hamilton: Fon Williams, McMann, Fjortoft, Collar, Oakley, Alston, Gogic, Want, Easton, Stubbs, Smith. Subs: Southwood, McKenna, Cunningham, Beck, MacKinnon, Moyo, Ogkmpoe.

Celtic: Forster, Elhamed, Ajer, Jullien, Bolingoli, Brown, McGregor, Forrest, Christie, Elyounoussi, Edouard. Subs: Gordon, Bauer, Hayes, Ntcham, Rogic, Griffiths, Bayo.
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Well a few positives today. Given our defensive frailties a 1 - 0 defeat is acceptable if that’s the right word and keeps our goal difference reasonable. We had not a bad second half and might have nicked a draw at the end. We just let ourselves down with that last touch or pass. The fans seemed to appreciate the players efforts clapping them off so overall I think the players will be lifted by the performance. The loan signing Beck looked not bad and Gocic was my man of the match. Crowd wise I wasn’t aware of Celtic fans in the home end and while there seemed to be a few with freebie tickets, judging by the gaps around me the club didn’t go wild. Negatives? Well we lost and once again injuries impacted on the defence with McGowan being absent this time so Want made a rare appearance and I think he contributed to their goal.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Once we stopped giving them too much respect i.e. after 3.35 minutes we gradually grew into the game. First half was theirs, but second half ours, and we so nearly sneaked an equaliser near the end. Oggy made a huge difference replacing George O, who ploughed a lone furrow up front. Oggy had the physicality to rumble them up, and which they did not like!
Referee seemed to be generous in letting Celtic fouls go unpunished, but not unexpected. Alex Gogic once again showed that he is the Daz replacment in our team. Worked his ankle socks off once more and I see BBC agree with me in him being MOTM. Like Daz, he picks up yellow cards for his style of play, so I hope the tote-up at some point does not mean he misses an important game in which we can pick up points from our neighbours in the bottom half of the table.
Overall, everyone in an Accies shirt put in a shift, but Collar has still to convince me that he can operate 100% at this level. Maybe at Paisley, next week??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:42 pm

First half I feared the worst after their goal, which I thought might be offside. We didn't really trouble them at all but at least avoided losing any more goals, with the defence generally doing what was required and OFW being quieter than I'm sure he expected. Second half was much better and we might have sneaked an equaliser as we changed our shape, introducing Beck for Fjortoft and then brought Marios on to replace Oakley - who I thought did as much as he could in a lone(ly) strikers role. A wee bit more guile and/or luck could have seen us get something out of the game but we ended up on the front foot but with nothing to show for a much improved second half.

I stayed to clap the players off, which I generally don't do after a loss, as I thought they went up against a team who are generally a class above and did pretty well, although as usual we ended up on the losing side. Gogic was outstanding and Smith showed his burgeoning reputation is well deserved. Didn't think anyone let us down and Want did well enough considering his lack of action recently. Hopefully that will give us some confidence for next week's visit to Paisley.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:31 pm

watched the game on BT Sport and after first goal went in defo feared the worst. The first half hour we were shocking, with Celtic at one point having 80% possession. Our passing was terrible, we simply gifted Celtic the ball and it was wave after wave of Celtic attack

We gave them too much respect and whilst they are a class above us, the first half especially, I dont think we really competed. Oakley did his best and if he had any service or maybe someone alongside things may have been different, he did OK working with virtually nothing

2nd half was much better and apart from brilliant save from Fon Williams, Celtic never really looked like scoring maybe one eye on midweek game.

Gogic did well and I was impressed by Lewis Smith again. Young man has a great future ahead of him. He did not seem phased at all in second half and ran Gogic close for MOTM
smc4761
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Very good game and I too applauded the team at the end as they thoroughlly deserved it. Feared a drubbing (and home side infiltration) but didn’t of course transpire (on both aspects).

Consistency should be on Brian’s Santa list...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies