Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Kilmarnock - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:25 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Kilmarnock - MATCH THREAD

Postby porcupine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Lack of responses would perhaps indicate the unease that many feel about our defence being unable (again) to cope with premiership football.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Well ok then. Our home record under Rice was very good last season so fragile defence or not I will predict a positive result well a draw anyway. Our on loan goalie and Stubbs to feature alongside your guess is as good as mine. Midfield well if he drops McKinnon and Martin is suspended then it’s more likely the youngsters will feature. Is Miller injured?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Southwood was excellent last night. Looked beter than OFW, :D

Martin is apparently still injured, we heard, and another four weeks away, Davis has a calf injury and out for four weeks. Milller was moving about freely (in the stand) last night, buy whether he is injured, who knows. ;)

Almost impossible to pick a certain team. BR must be in deep thought on this one!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alty accie » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:02 pm

In what will be a common occurrence this season:
Accies 0 - 3 Kilmarnock.
I think we will be lucky to reach 12 points this season, and probably relegated by xmas.
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Don van Vliet » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:59 am

Very difficult to feel optimistic about any match until we see a settled team emerging. This has been the pattern for quite a few years so it may not be total gloom and I’m an eternal optimist by nature.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:30 pm

So there you go just when you think the Accies world has come to an end and why are we signing yet another young loanee when we should be signing experienced defenders and we will be bottom of the league by 5 pm Accies slap you in the face with a wet cloth and tell you to pull yourself together. Fon Williams still gives me the heeby jeebies but pulls off a couple of world class saves, Stubbs looked as though he has been playing in our defence for years and Lewis Smith shows a confidence and maturity beyond his years. I thought Alston ran his socks off and McGowan looked back to his old self. Easton was beaten and took his man out with a high boot and while the Killie boy made a meal of it the sending off was the correct decision but every one played a part thereafter and Killie who played a high tempo game in the first half ran out of steam. Now if we can just find a suitable replacement for gocic then maybe we can kick on. Not out of the woods yet but let’s enjoy the win.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Westender » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:03 pm

What a difference a week makes . Early days but Stubbs looks the business, there were heroes out there today thank you lads for making my weekend after my miserable trip to dingwall.
Westender
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Great performance and AJ was,IMO, the man of the match, not Alex Gogic, who I still rate as a no-nonsense defender/midfielder in our team.
OFW gives me the heeby jeebies too, and why he does not catch more balls rather than punch them, who knows? Hoever two great saves, either of which were goal bound, kept us well ahead.

Stubbs, I like. Commanding, shouting instructions to those around him, and a great header and tackler. This looks, OK, on only one performance, exactly what we have needed at the back. Not sure if Easty was last man, but it was a bad tackle. Maybe he got there as soon as he could?

Bobby Madden was inconsistent in his decision making. A neutral beside me could not beleive why two Killy players escaped bookings, yet Accies players were carded for lesser offences. Thought Blair Alston finally started to show his potential in the hoops, and did really well to stay on the pitch after getting a stupid yellow for kicking the ball away, when the decision went against us. (Surprise/Surprise!!)

Players all deserved their win bonus today. A huge three points!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Looked a totally different team today and fought in a way sadly missing last week. Thought Stubbs looked pretty good and uncomplicated, very powerful in the air, and indeed the whole defence did well. Mostly. A couple of shaky moments but it wouldn't be the same without them. OFW with a couple of terrific saves and a couple of 'what is he doing?' excursions off his line but overall he was fine.

Miller was good defensively too when he came on and McGowan had his best game for a while. I can't really think of anyone who didn't contribute but hats off again to young Lewis Smith whose first touch and thought is about going forward rather than backwards. Long may he continue to display his skill and pace. Not sure Gogic was MoM but he was pretty solid throughout.

As for Killie, they knocked the ball about well but did little with all their possession and as the game is all about goals, they deserved what they got. Their entitled fans and their tiresome, continual booing can head back down the road thinking they wuz robbed and wondering why Brophy continues his record of generally being rubbish at NDP !

Finally, I must also mention Bobby Madden - he was so inept that it was almost as bad a display of refereeing as I've seen. In fact, his decision making must be questioned as to why he allowed Kilmarnock to foul with impunity while picking us up for some minor challenges which didn't even approach being fouls. Repeatedly. How a supervisor can watch that and accept it as even minimally competent is beyond me but he will no doubt continue to waste games throughout the season. Honestly thought he was taking the mickey at times. Its seldom that home fans whose team have beaten a supposedly superior team while keeping a clean sheet boo the ref at full time with such contempt - totally deserved as far as I could see.

Anyway, after last weeks desolation at driving 8 hours to see a nonsensical display, I must say that today was quite enjoyable. Thanks Brian.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies Bill » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:09 am

Well done Accies

Grest effort yesterday, worked together as a team, everybody stepped up and what a difference a week makes. Was impressed with Stubbs and liiks very promising.

Perfromance was even better because of what they were up against and I am referring to the officials yesterday. Main Stand linesman no sure what game he was watching, but the best has to be, Bobby Madden. That performance yesterday was the most incompetent display of officiating i have ever seen, he is either hopeless or has an agenda its one or the other. But yesterday was shocking and well done to the Accies for getting the 3 points.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Like night and day from all the games prior to this with an organised defence and hitting on the break with pace.

Great feeling witnessing a boyhood Accies fan scoring with a peach although I blame the team for my sareheed Sunday.com.

It was also good to see a good Accies singsong in The Vaults as the night wore on...long time since that has happened.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:22 pm

[quote="YeOldeHamiltonian"

Great feeling witnessing a boyhood Accies fan scoring with a peach although I blame the team for my sareheed Sunday.com.

[/quote]

Don't wish to be unkind, but I hope you have one every week for the same reasons as yesterday's post match celebration :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:54 am

Had to miss the game as I was away but from what I’ve seen on tv, Smith was excellent and hopefully keeps that up all season.
Keeping up the home form and maybe Stubbs will be the answer defensively.
Looking forward to the Motherwell game now
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:19 am

Having watched the second goal back several times from the camera behind the goal, I don't see any deviation on the ball from Oakley so I think it's Smith's goal. He didn't seem too bothered though!

Easton's tackle was absolutely horrendous and I'm not sure how anyone can say it was only a yellow.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Straight red - no doubt.
I also think that Smith would have a good claim for that goal but perhaps Oakley could do with the confidence that brings.
Stubbs and Smith were the difference in my opinion and I was slightly bemused by BR saying it was hard to find a place in the team for Smith. No it isn't, start him every week please.
Would still like to see the other keeper however OFW did make a couple of superb saves and obviously had a horrendous week and I'm sure we are all glad that things are looking up for him.
I think that I prefer Oggy to start and Oakley to come although I may be in a minority there.
Gogic was fantastic and if it was up to me I would play him beside Stubbs at the back.
McKinnon? I just don't know what to think. Is Scott Martin fit?
All in all a much better Saturday than the previous one. Looking forward to doing the double on them this week.
Bluesy
Premiership

Return to The Accies