Fans Forum - 10.08.19

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Fans Forum - 10.08.19

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Fans Forum (10th August 2019)
The club would like to invite season ticket holders to our 2019 fans forum meeting.

Chairman, Allan Maitland will be in attendance at our upcoming fans forum to speak with our supporters. We are willing to listen, discuss and work with the fans in doing what’s best for Hamilton Academical FC.

Date: Saturday, 10th August 2019 (Hamilton Academical v Kilmarnock)

Time: 2:15pm

Location: McCarthy & McArthur Suite (1st Floor Hospitality Lounge)

Requirements: Season ticket holder & confirmation of attendance sent to SLO.

(Our supporter’s liaison officer, Sean McHugh can be contacted by email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk)

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/fans ... gust-2019/
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Fans Forum - 10.08.19

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Interesting requirement. “Must be a season ticket holder.” Never seen that before. There are no doubt a few supporters who for whatever reason don’t have an ST. Can’t afford one, work pattern doesn’t make it worthwhile etc. Whatever no place for you at the table your views don’t count unless you want to increase ticket prices!!! I was at the last one and found it worthwhile Can’t remember those attending being out of order. Quite frankly it should be boycotted.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:43 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Interesting requirement. “Must be a season ticket holder.” Never seen that before. There are no doubt a few supporters who for whatever reason don’t have an ST. Can’t afford one, work pattern doesn’t make it worthwhile etc. Whatever no place for you at the table your views don’t count unless you want to increase ticket prices!!! I was at the last one and found it worthwhile Can’t remember those attending being out of order. Quite frankly it should be boycotted.

Merely to measure numbers all will be accommodated where possible
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:08 pm

“Merely to measure numbers all will be accommodated where possible”

BOLLOCKS Why mention a requirement “Must be a ST holder”

It’s quite simple “Can those fans intending to attend please e mail the SLO so we have an idea of numbers. We expect the hospitality suites to be busy and want to ensure there is space for all.” Whose writing this stuff from the club Trump’s press officer ???
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:28 pm

And have it before the game so it can be cut short and last 20 minutes if you’re lucky.

No ST for me this year due to missing too many games so the cost per game exceeds PATG so it’s PATG for me against the likes of st mirren etc, will I do it, probably not.

Another pricing blunder from the club
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Davie Hogg » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:40 pm

So in the clubs eyes we are not real supporters if we don't have a season ticket? I was an Accies supporter long before they took over and will be after they've gone.

Sean, you better put them straight otherwise what is the point of a SLO?
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:41 pm

What a shower! Starts 2.15, so that's about half an hour max to discuss the issues.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Ah fantastic, a full half hour (if we are lucky) to discuss in depth all the issues and ask all the questions we want answered. Why not have this beginning at half one to give us plenty time or after the match? I mean it’s hardly going to be worth it
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Altoman » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:22 am

I get the point about season ticket holders as they tend to be die hard fans of many years standing.
Consider this though.
Like others I have had a season ticket for several years however due to other commitments I will only be able to attend 8 games this year so it is not cost effective any longer so pay at the gate it is.
That said, there was no contact from the club about when season tickets were on sale or worse, given our small support, none when I did not renew. An email asking why would have gone a long way.
Sadly however, coupled with the above notification it does seem that the club care little for their support and personally makes me wonder how many games I will bother going to.
Altoman
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:12 pm

I’m sure that ex season ticket holders and long standing supporters (who perhaps Sean can vouch for) will have views that will be of interest in addition to season ticket holders.
You don’t want other fans, press etc there (I would imagine) so I can understand the restrictions but it would be good if there is some flexibility.
I’m in The south of England on Friday night so I’m up early to try and make the forum.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Pretty sure previous Fans Forums were about an hour before kick-off, but a search on this web-site doesn't throw up any of the ones I was at before.

Even assuming it all starts on time, 30 minutes is VERY short once the chairman has given us his prepared statements, and hardly any time for meaninful two way discussion. OK, he has to meet the Chairman and Directors of Killy, but.................
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:09 pm

The last one porcupine was held midweek evening after a development squad game I think. It was chaired by Ronnie and came after the scam. So it allowed fans to here straight from the horses mouth what had happened and how the club was dealing with it. It also allowed Ronnie hear about the problem off old firm fans in the home section, something he seemed genuinely unaware of. I thought it was a very worthwhile session. Prior to that forums have been held before games also. If that’s what suites Allan Maitland fair enough. Theoretically you would probably get more fans before a league match. We must have had at least half a dozen of these forums over the years but not once have artificial and unnecessary barriers been put in place. All have been welcome. I’ve never seen away fans present let alone the press I’ve read one fan suggesting he thinks sometimes there is an element in the club who like to wind up the fans I’m beginning to think he right.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:The last one porcupine was held midweek evening after a development squad game I think. It was chaired by Ronnie and came after the scam. So it allowed fans to here straight from the horses mouth what had happened and how the club was dealing with it. It also allowed Ronnie hear about the problem off old firm fans in the home section, something he seemed genuinely unaware of. I thought it was a very worthwhile session. Prior to that forums have been held before games also. If that’s what suites Allan Maitland fair enough. Theoretically you would probably get more fans before a league match. We must have had at least half a dozen of these forums over the years but not once have artificial and unnecessary barriers been put in place. All have been welcome. I’ve never seen away fans present let alone the press I’ve read one fan suggesting he thinks sometimes there is an element in the club who like to wind up the fans I’m beginning to think he right.

Thanks, TT, and you're correct. The last one WAS an evening one and we DID get the message over to Ronnie about the OF infiltration problems.

So long as AM does not spend any more than a 5/7 minute summary of where we are re. recruitment etc. there should then be just about enough time to have some relevant questions and answers from the floor about Accies looking for 10th or better this season through sensible signings.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:14 am

I’m a season ticket holder, is that enough to gain entry or do I have to email the slo too?
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Those who are PATG are able to buy a ticket from the ticket office prior to the forum on Saturday, I would recommend those attending to be in the suite for 2pm as I am looking to get this kicked off sharp to allow for as many questions as possible.
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:39 pm

Oh look season ticket no longer a “requirement “ :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Any ST holders attend the fans forum today. Was it worthwhile or is it same old same old PR nonsense
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Missed the forum due to the bliddy closure of the EK expressway, and lucky to make the kick-off! What happened at the meeting??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:10 pm

I missed it too. I recall someone recorded one of the previous ones, by any chance did anyone do this again? Or is anyone able to post a summary of what was discussed
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:09 pm

Accies 1874 posted this on Pie and Bovril so I stole it !!!

“The club have taken measures to avoid another Ferguson scenario - longer contracts for youth players and if I heard correctly, the club have the option to trigger extensions.
Maitland doesn't like developing other teams' players (i.e. the loan market) but will do it if necessary.
His comments on Adedoyin were eerily similar to what Ronnie said about Kozo before he got the bullet.
McGonigal was brought in to help with recruitment but his vision wasn't in line with the club. Reading between the lines, he wanted to delve into the foreign market which others were less keen on.
Rice identifies positions he wants (and I'd imagine players) while the analysts (Keith Glendinning and another guy) and Maitland help him out.
At the start of the window, they wanted three CBs: Easton and McKenna were first choice and they wanted an experienced one as the third player. They've been trying for one all summer but issues, mainly budgetary, meant they haven't managed to get one so went for Stubbs (who was identified at the start). I don't think we'll sign another.
They're still trying to claw back the scammed money (which was confirmed as £800K or thereabouts) but I'd be v surprised if they got it.
Maitland spoke about wanting to bring two random season ticket holders into the Directors Box for every home game, which sounds like a good idea but will go to pot once some bozo makes a mess of it. “

Somebody else told me the idea was to invite 2 st holders to board meetings I’ll await my invitation.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies