Accies next manager

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies next manager

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:58 pm

I’m afraid I can’t see Rice getting past the 1st round robin of 11 games.

The 4 betfred games against on paper inferior opposition failed to inspire hugely and 1st time we’ve met tougher opponents we’ve been smashed out the park.

And this isn’t a knee jerk reaction as the performances thus far have been dreadful.

Time to think about a replacement already :|
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Accies next manager

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:06 am

BR did a great job last season and if he had not come in we would be in Championship

The loss however of our central defenders, Kilgannon and Ziggy plus Woods is going to be too much. Unless something is done quickly we are going beat last years total for number of goals conceded. I have watched the Celtic European games on TV and if you throw in yesterdays demolition of St Johnstone I really fear they will hit us for double figures, if they really want to

Not sure if it is BR fault but who is actually looking at players and getting them signed up. Why do we always wait till last minute when season has already gone 4/5 games.

St Midden and Livi are seemingly this years favourites to go down. Both did fairly well yesterday and St Midden only lost a goal 5 mins from end. For a team that was supposed to be in complete dissaray and with as limited number of players.

Need to get the points on board during th first 6 games as these are mainly against teams we should be competing with, or we are going to Ayr, Greenock and Dumfries next season

Will BR last, can we afford to keep hiring/firing managers
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:18 am

Not sure if it is BR fault but who is actually looking at players and getting them signed up. Why do we always wait till last minute when season has already gone 4/5 games.

BR has had a hand in some of the signings as Accies media refers to him of having scouted will collar and having invited the boy from st albans in for a look after having seen him in a bounce game but BR is also quoted as saying he's the head coach and he leaves contracts and the like to others. I assumed when appointed that the Director of Football was going to be responsible for recruitment but he has bailed out after less than 6 months without explanation. Was he not upto the job and the club eased him out. Was he not allowed to sign who he wanted and left. Whatever our recruitment IMO has been much worse than last year and has failed to address the obvious deficiencies in defence or midfield. There is still several weeks to go and Ziggy and kilgallon came in at the end of August but it should have been settled long before know.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:26 am

Kilgallon doesn't seem to have a club or be retired, I wonder if he could be tempted/begged to come back. Surely no real surprise that players from Stevenage or Falkirk aren't really good enough. On another note, I see promising young centre back Taylor Wilson has been allowed to leave. He's played through the Scotland age groups and in the UEFA youth league last season, this seems baffling to me. We also have the promising Stanger, who seems best at centre back, not even on the bench. Not saying throwing in kids is the answer, it almost certainly isn't but I could see why the likes of Wilson might be disillusioned and figure he's better off taking his chances elsewhere.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:59 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:Kilgallon doesn't seem to have a club or be retired, I wonder if he could be tempted/begged to come back. Surely no real surprise that players from Stevenage or Falkirk aren't really good enough. On another note, I see promising young centre back Taylor Wilson has been allowed to leave. He's played through the Scotland age groups and in the UEFA youth league last season, this seems baffling to me. We also have the promising Stanger, who seems best at centre back, not even on the bench. Not saying throwing in kids is the answer, it almost certainly isn't but I could see why the likes of Wilson might be disillusioned and figure he's better off taking his chances elsewhere.

You will win nowt playing kids Where have we heard that before.

Having said that sure play the youngsters but they also need a few experienced heads to talk them through
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 am

We also have the promising Stanger, who seems best at centre back, not even on the bench.

I have still have high hopes for Stanger. I was surprised when he reported back for pre season along with all the other players given he had an extended season playing in all 4 of New Zealands under 21 world cup games. The only thing I can assume is that he is being eased into the season gently to compensate. He has only this season left on his contract I think and if it doesnt happen for him he will be another who leaves I suspect.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Kilgallon doesn't seem to have a club or be retired, I wonder if he could be tempted/begged to come back. Surely no real surprise that players from Stevenage or Falkirk aren't really good enough. On another note, I see promising young centre back Taylor Wilson has been allowed to leave. He's played through the Scotland age groups and in the UEFA youth league last season, this seems baffling to me. We also have the promising Stanger, who seems best at centre back, not even on the bench. Not saying throwing in kids is the answer, it almost certainly isn't but I could see why the likes of Wilson might be disillusioned and figure he's better off taking his chances elsewhere.

Speaking with my mate is a Motherwell fan. he reminded me that last season Motherwell threw in some youngsters, they were pretty much forced into due to injuries etc. Campbell, Hastie and Turnbull and that turned out not too bad
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies