Free U12s
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Ross County .V. Hamilton Accies - Match Thread

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:51 pm

Won’t make this one but on the basis of 3 friendlies and 4 league cup games Ive attended, this should be an easy home win. If Easton is fit I assume it will be Mcmann, Easton, McKenna and McGowan. Otherwise presumably Want for Easton. Hunt seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet so Gocic continuing in front of that four.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:55 pm

I would go for

OFW
McGowan, McKenna, Easton, Hunt
Daz, Mimnaugh
Mickel, Alston, Smith
Oggy

Would guess about 4 of them wont actually play.
Gav
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Gav wrote:I would go for

OFW
McGowan, McKenna, Easton, Hunt
Daz, Mimnaugh
Mickel, Alston, Smith
Oggy

Would guess about 4 of them wont actually play.

McMann has been by some way our best player during pre-season and BetFred Cup games so puzzled why you would drop him for a player who hasn't made an impression yet and no-one has seen at left back.

Aside from our 2 full backs, McKenna and Oggy it's really difficult to predict who else will start on Saturday.

There must be big doubts about Mickel Miller and Easton's fitness.
I wouldn't be surprised if our new loan keeper starts rather than OFW.
I'm not convinced that Lewis Smith is a regular starter yet at Premiership level.
Based on pre-season and BetFred games neither Alston or McKinnon deserve to start - both probably will.
Will Collar to come in to the team from nowhere?

At a guess Rice (like Canning) will go for a 3 man central defence not because he wants too but for insurance as he doesn't have trust in his options to play a 2 man central defence. That would mean playing 2 up front with probably Oggy and Cunningham with Alston playing behind them although I'd prefer Oggy and Oakley with Cunningham getting his chance playing the no 10.

4 cup games, lots of friendlies and I'd be surprised if anyone guesses correctly what our starting 11 will be.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gav » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:52 am

McMann was the worst player on the pitch v Airdrie.

He was poor against Partick. He did OK against Clyde. He was poor against Raith Rovers. If you think he was our best player you are at the wind up or Scott's dad.

Lewis Smith has comfortably been our best attacking player and deserves his place.
Gav
Championship

Postby hollerman » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:12 am

With regard to McMann, in my humble opinion perhaps somewhere in between these two very differing views might be more accurate. His form is very erratic, even within a game. When he decides to take on players, as he did in the second half against Thistle, his pace can be very effective. Unfortunately, at other times his contribution seems to consist of aimless punts up the field or passing to the opposition. I would sum it up by guessing that a lack of confidence might often be the problem.
hollerman
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:23 am

I would play McMann.
I also thought McCann looked really good pre-season however I would go for McMann just now.
Not convinced about the keeper. Gourley for me.
Gogic at centre back but definitely NOT midfield.
Is Mikel injured or dropped? If not injured I’d play him, Smith and Oggy with Oakley coming on after an hour.
I have to say I could not believe the shape Davies is in! I was looking forward to seeing him after a good pre season under his (large) belt. What is going on with him? I would not have him near the team in that condition.
Looking forward to the trip and a Lewis Smith winner.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:25 pm

“I reckon Ross County will tear us apart next week.”

Sounds like it and 20 minutes plus to go.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Here we go again ,think its gonna be a very long season. If you cant defend and have no central defenders you are going to get humped every week

What makes it more worrying is most of the pundits dont have us in bottom 2 this year
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Jacobsladder » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Reports on Twitter are indicating Dazzler was giggling his head off at the end of the match and telling fans to fuck off

Is that’s true he needs his arse booted big time
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:16 pm

Jacobsladder wrote:Reports on Twitter are indicating Dazzler was giggling his head off at the end of the match and telling fans to fuck off

Is that’s true he needs his arse booted big time

Someone had probably just told him the Celtic score.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Well, all in all, that was pathetic. We continued our form from pre-season and Bet Fred Cup games but against a strong, organised and competent team we looked embarrassingly short right across the park and from front to back. I genuinely didn't think anyone got anywhere near pass marks. Where did Hunt come from all of a sudden? To be honest, I wish him and a few others would go back there after that capitulation.

Our defence was posted missing so many times it looked like we hadn't practised our shape or who was responsible for what. Our incompetence knew no bounds and had to be seen to be believed. The number of long cross field passes we didn't get anywhere near was incredible with the 3rd goal a microcosm of our entire inability to defend - a quick break forward from them, a long ball from right to left that McKinnon couldn't cope with and was easily left for dead near the bye-line before pushing the boy over and giving away a free kick, from which they had a free header to put us right out the game, if we weren't already.

I have been a supporter of BR and thought he was the right appointment, but to be honest he is losing my faith by apparently wilfully ignoring the most obvious deficiencies in our team, that being a piss poor defence. If us fans can see it, and we have been moaning about it since the first pre-season friendly, why those responsible for putting the team on the park cannot, or will not, I just have no idea.

As I said, individually and collectively we were a failure and I have to point the finger at the manager who has seemingly abandoned his attacking principles (no men up when defending corners was particularly Canningesque) and if he doesn't have those, then I'm beginning to wonder what he is bringing to the party. A big improvement is required before we play again or we can look forward to a depressing season

As for what McKinnon did or didn't do after the game, it is a matter of little interest to me as he has been so far away from even being average today and indeed this season so far, that every fan who travelled was more invested in the team than he currently seems capable of being. He can laugh at fans if he wants (if he did indeed do so - I had given up by then) but if he is capable of looking in the mirror, then he will see a continually underachieving midfielder who is currently lucky to be representing any club, at any level, let alone us.

As for £25 to watch that pish, even a fiver would have been too much. On top of whatever travel and subsistence costs everyone had, that entry cost represents really poor value and Scottish football is going to kill itself by pricing fans out of the game. Value for money it certainly isn't.

Utterly dispiriting day. Thanks Brian. :oops:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Westender » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:25 pm

I drove all the way up to dingwall, not exactly expecting a win, but looking for a decent performance.

We had no shape to the side, poor in defence, midfield missing. It was a long journey home.
We miss ziggy and dougie real bad
Westender
Pub League

Return to The Accies