Summer transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Summer transfer window

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:11 pm

It won't be long till the Rice get to F**k chants start.
Like tomorrow night@9.30 pm.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:59 am

I was told last week we are looking at Alex Bruce as a short term fix and that Dorans wants to come but Inverness are wanting a minimum 100k.

If only we had kept Ziggy and Sowah,that would have done with Stanger taking over if Sowah was played at left back.As it is,we still have McMann and the Stevenage left back is now playing...midfield.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Has Sowah signed for anyone yet, could he/we be waiting to see where he ends up and maybe resign

Think Alex Bruce has re signed for Killie
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:30 pm

If Accies approached Sowah he would be well entitled to tell them to F*#k right off.
He didn't get the chances he deserved in the 2 previous spells when there were far worse players starting.
Why bother coming back?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am

From BBC gossip page:

Cardiff City are set to make £1m move for Kilmarnock striker Eamonn Brophy. (Mail on Sunday)

I appreciate this is paper talk he isnt our anymore but there is some sort of clause in his contract that would bring us at least a development fee for him if he went and if ICT are holding out for 100k for Dorrans this might fund that deal if Brophy did go.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby maydude » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:05 pm

It,s been well commented on by numerous Accies fans that we urgently require an experienced centre half...someone who is dominant and can organise things at the back...yesterday,s glaring defensive frailties only confirmed the need for a CH(probably 2)...We also require some much needed craft,guile & creativity in the midfield...The youngsters stepped up yesterday and can be proud of their contribution but the riggers of the PL on a weekly basis is a totally different kettle of fish...

We,re not a million miles away and a couple of good aquisitions could make a major difference
maydude
Championship

Postby Accies Bill » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:34 pm

Totally spot on, a centre half or preferably 2, can only hope but I doubt it, but at least one. I dont mean a right or left back converted to a centre half, or an untried one, an experienced, no nonsense ball winning centre half is this too much to ask, especially if as expected ex players are involved in transfers we may make some money out of them, so come on invest and make this the defensive area of the team the priority, build from the back and stop this losing silly goals season after season.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:38 pm

As far as I aware Sowah said he was off before he got a run in the team.However,we should have made him an offer at the end of the season as he could have fitted more seamlessly into the left side of the defence than what Easton is doing plus offered cover at left back.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:01 am

Last season we had Kilgannon , a very experienced centre half and Ziggy an experienced player, if not a proper centre half, despite that we had the worst defence in the league.

We have a wealth of ability in young players but we certainly need a dominant , mobile centre half that can lead and pass on experience to the younger guys.

We haven't had a good centre half pairing for a few seasons but seemed to get away with it. Probably Canning and Garcia , although big Marko and Swailsey were immense.

This year will be very tough unless we get someone and fast.

I'm sure Mr.Rice knows this and the club are on the look out , it will be a difficult task but even a solid , experience Championship player would be better than what we have currently.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 am

As an aside but a summer transfer nevertheless I see Grant Gillespie has signed a 1 year contract with Derry City. Good luck to him. I always feel his career was ruined when martin started playing him out of position.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:12 pm

When Grant first started to break through I really rated him and even thought he might be our long term replacement for Alex Neil. He was constantly shifted all over the park though and never got to nail down a position as his own.

IMO a defensive midfielder was his best position but he was rarely played there.

One of our Easter Road heroes, was willing to step up and take one of the penalties too remember. Best of luck to him.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:06 am

From the BBC gossip page:-

Kilmarnock are eyeing a move for German left-back Lennard Sowah, the 26-year-old who also had a spell with Hearts having been released at the end of his second spell with Hamilton Academical. (Daily Record)

Honestly cant see what the attraction is but no doubt some will say we should never have let him go and he is the answer to our defensive problems.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:20 am

TerracingTomas wrote:From the BBC gossip page:-

Kilmarnock are eyeing a move for German left-back Lennard Sowah, the 26-year-old who also had a spell with Hearts having been released at the end of his second spell with Hamilton Academical. (Daily Record)

Honestly cant see what the attraction is but no doubt some will say we should never have let him go and he is the answer to our defensive problems.

Did a job for us at times last year but also had a couple of horror shows , certainly not the answer to our current defensive frailties, for a start he's not a centre half.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:36 am

He was bloody outstanding in Rice's first win against St Johnstone then seemed to play well at Aberdeen ( I wasn't one of the 36!) and set up a goal. Played well in the last game against St Johnstone. We'll always have players who are up and down, Sowah seems a far better bet than some of the current squad.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:14 pm

From the Daily Record

DONE DEAL! Hamilton secure signing of Zimbabwe striker David Moyo from English non-league side St Albans City
bit.ly/2ZpIqsY

Look at his stats :oops: We are crying out for defenders and creative midfielders and if the Record is correct we sign a 24 year old striker who has been knocking about the National League North or South to little effect for the last few years. Who the hell is making these signings :roll: Surely this is a wind up.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Accies Bill » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 pm

No wind up, its announced on the Daily Records transfer page, apparently a Rice find. Would better looking for centre half's than trying to find non league strikers.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Same sort of level as Cody Cooke of St Mirren and it took him until the end of the season to start scoring.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:27 pm

Accies Bill wrote:No wind up, its announced on the Daily Records transfer page, apparently a Rice find. Would better looking for centre half's than trying to find non league strikers.

I'm not trying to suggest that this is a great signing (I wonder what the reasoning is) but we can't assume that it means we're not looking at centre halves as well. I live in the hope that our people are able to follow more than one lead at a time. But time will tell.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies Bill » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:33 pm

I have to wonder though, as its been the problem for years, still not solved and is looking very unlikely again.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:43 am

I see that Mark McLaughlin only retired from playing for Beith in June 2018. :D Now, if Carsberg made fresh legs.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies