Yet another long season ahead??

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Yet another long season ahead??

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:43 pm

OK, it's the 'one swallow does not make a summer' syndrome, but today's performance from all who played for Accies offered us nothing to think that there has been a turn-around. From what I heard, all the friendlies were with attacking football on the ground, whereas we used hoofball for much/most of the game.

QPFC were the much more cohesive team and we looked like we had just met in the dressing room a few minutes before the start. It was desperate stuff from us, and there was nothing offered throughout the game to think that yet another year of a season ticket investment, will be money well spent.

It's early days, I hear you say, but we have to seriously improve on this VERY quickly. Easton inpressed me, however, looking slimmer than the St J game here at the end of teh sesaon.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Yet another long season ahead??

Postby Accies Bill » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:47 pm

I said it in a post before about my concerns, today proved me right unfortunately. Still early days, but we played a team with a plan, stay back keep it tight and try and catch us on the break, and they had us. We have no creativity what so ever, a problem for ages now and still unresolved as by todays efforts, the final ball or attempts at it were pathetic.
Defence wise, after today i also feel we are there for the taking, they found space at times and failed to make us pay, better teams wont. We are still vulnerable through the middle and down our left at one point whilst defending the danger man at the back post was our own player as usual.
Plus all this, we will get defeated now and again but we will excite the fans, the seagull dive bombing today into the stand was the only excitement on display.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Accies Bill wrote: the seagull dive bombing today into the stand was the only excitement on display.

And I thought I was the only one who enjoy that performance rather than what was on the field. :D

Wondered if it was a drone seagull to spy on us from our fellow strugglers at the base of the Premiership.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 pm

I hate to say it but I definitely think that out of the 4 Diddy Teams expected to be in the battle to avoid Automatic relegation and the Playoffs,(us,Ross County,The Midden and Livingston obviously) our signings have been the worst by a mile.
Canning-esque if you like.
A nobody from BHA.
A talented but far too young lad from Everton under 13s.
A talented but far too young lad from Sellic Boys Club.
A freak from Norway/New Zealand.
A goalkeeper who could even rival Ryan Fulton for ineptness.
A Stevenage "Legend" ffs.
Give it until about the end of August and Easton and Alston will be wishing they had stayed in Perth.
Utter Garbage.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:52 pm

Surely the "creativity" was all on the bench, namely Miller, Smith and possibly Breen. Why not start with the first two and leave one of the front two on the bench? Why play two up top and give them no service. Feared this would be the case as soon as I saw the team and was sadly correct.

Would we not have been better served pre-season by having a real test? I mean, Stirling Albion at home, that's a bloody embarrassing fixture, who thought that one up?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:22 am

Probably the same person who thought up the new Match Day Operations procedure.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:35 am

Looks like it Porcupine. Yes Easton looks good but unfortunately we have done nothing to significantly improve the midfield and that has been on display throughout pre season. We've lost Martin to some kind of lengthy injury and Daz looked finished on yesterday’s performance. We basically cut out the midfield out. As others have commented dont understand why Mcgowan and Miller werent on from the start? I assume it was thought we had enough out there to overcome QP obviously not. One of the reasons I like pre season games you can pretend its all going to be different in the season ahead. :o
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies