Summer transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Summer transfer window

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:56 am

Let's move on from Ziggy.
More interested in seeing how Fjortoft/McKenna
settle in and our new keeper in the new look defence.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:42 am

Stanger should be in the team before them Frank Swift with Shaun Want and young Jamie Hamilton also pushing for a place.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:16 am

True YOH,was just meaning would rather focus on the new signings and move on from Ziggy.
Defo think this could be a big season for Jamie Hamilton.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:34 am

I can’t see Want featuring much this year, he hasn’t looked as if he’s progressed in the last year. Doesn’t look comfortable in possession and panics when put under pressure. He isn’t even a dominant centre back for attacking balls.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he is gone by this time next season, I hope him wrong and he breaks into the Scotland set up :shock:
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Signing news tomorrow at 9. Could be Kieran Anderson from Camelon who presumably is down at Skelmorlie training with the squad or Johnny Hunt who was rumoured to be joining from Stevenage or a n other !
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:35 pm

Was thinking it had all gone a bit quiet on the signings front.
Jonny Hunt it will be.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:49 pm

:lol: :lol: If and only IF we have to beleive Wikipedia, he has already signed and bought a flat in Eddlewood!! Somebody is quick off the mark for fake news??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Does a property market even exist in Eddlewood?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 am

Hunt signed as anticipated:-

ACCIES are delighted to announce the signing of Johnny Hunt following the end of his contract at Stevenage, subject to international clearance.

The 28-year-old, who has a wealth of experience in the English league’s is the latest player to put pen to paper for Brian Rice’s side.

Liverpool-born Hunt started his career at Wrexham where he will be most remembered for scoring the winning penalty in the 2013 FA trophy cup final at Wembley Stadium.

He then went on to play for Cambridge United, Chester, Mansfield & most recently Stevenage where his contract ended at the end of June 2019.

Head coach, Brian Rice said: “I’m delighted to sign Johnny for Hamilton. He’s a player I’ve watched a few times and I know he’s the type of player and character that will do well here.

“He has that never quit attitude that I look for in my players and with his experience of playing south of the border I feel this could be a great move for him.

Speaking to AcciesTV, Hunt said: “I’m really happy, once I knew the club was interested I wanted to get the deal done as soon as possible, so I could meet the squad and get ready for the season that lies ahead.

“I treat every game as a rivalry, that’s the time of player I am. Coming up against Motherwell is a game I’m particularly looking forward to.

Hunt has been with the squad in Largs over the weekend as part of their pre-season training.

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:34 am

A saints fan has posted a photo on Pie and Bovril of Tony Andreu beside gus mcpherson in St Mirren training kit supposedly taken at Glasgow airport en route to spain? Looks genuine and not photoshopped but then i thought they were in Northern ireland last week training.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:55 am

They are welcome to him.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby smc4761 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:16 pm

From the Daily Record earlier today.

Tony Andreu has joined St Mirren on their pre-season trip to Spain.

The French midfielder is without a club after his Coventry contract ended last month.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Hamilton.

Now he has hooked up with Jim Goodwin’s squad for the warm-weather camp

Looks like no 22 may have gone. Do we really need him???
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:16 pm

If we’re honest he didn’t really do anything special in his 5 months here.
No loss to see him at the Midden
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:22 pm

We could really have done with Andreu, I don't see a lot of creativity in that midfield. Although Tony had his quiet games, he still set up two vital goals against St Johnstone and St Mirren and of course relegated Dundee!

Not inspired by our signings at all. Two Perth rejects, one of whom may be just about done. A Falkirk youngster their fans didn't rate (shades of Tom Taiwo), a 25 year old centre half that hasn't yet played at a decent level, you could say the same about Collar. A player not wanted in English League Two (shades of Sam Kelly). I make us favourites to finish bottom at the moment. I would hope Rice will be giving the likes of Stanger, Smith, Hamilton and Winter an opportunity in the next few weeks.

*And it seems Hunt has only played 56 league games in the fourth tier. His appearances for Wrexham and Chester were in the fifth tier.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:19 pm

^^^^^^^^^
Pass me a bottle of cheap Scotch and a packet of painkillers after reading this.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:37 pm

We really seem to have an inordinate amount of negativity in the Accies support - no matter what is happening we will find something, anything, to complain about.

The signings so far may turn out to be good, bad or indifferent but I'm more than willing to at least see them kick a ball in anger before I dismiss them as hopeless, hapless or just plain rubbish. I trust BR has better instincts for a player than any one of us on here and if he thinks they will do a job then that's good enough for me.

Favourites for finishing bottom before the first pre-season game even kicks off ??? Ooooft.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Steve Clarke is defo a glass half empty type of person.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:22 pm

I can agree with some of Steve Clarke's analysis regarding Hunt and the two central defenders BUT we have signed quality in Steve Davies,the kids are a year older and stronger and while Easton may turn out not be the player he was,a full pre season after an injury plagued two years may be the difference as well as acting as a "wise old head" for the kids.

Alston has shown in the past he can score goals from midfield like Andreu and could score a few for us while Will Collar seems a better punt than many of Canning's dud English signings.

We still need a creative midfielder-Doran from ICT would be ideal- and it could be said a Marko/Kilgannon type centre half but there is a lot to work with and many of us are more confident trusting the instinct of Brian Rice (a guy who travels to watch the players he has signed unlike Canning) than we would be with other Managers.Brian Rice and Steve Robinson are always at games down South and if he does as well as Robinson in finding gems from that market,we will do okay.

The guy kept us up signing only one player unlike St.Mirren and Dundee who gave their Managers leeway for wholesale changes and for that we have to trust his judgement.

Finally,he has said to a good friend of mine that he wants the average age of the squad down with younger,energetic players and looking at this perhaps is why we haven't went for Andreu although personally speaking,I am unhappy to see him go to a rival.

The guy has twice now disrespected our fans who have put him on a pedestal/legendary status so he can Foxtrot Oscar as far as most of us are concerned by potentially joining a side we are in direct competition with.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Spot on with your analysis YOH. Still plenty of time for 1/2 more signings so we shall see. To date unlike most other seasons there is no sign that we are going to use the loan market and I would have thought Brian has plenty of contacts but if we are trying to make way for our own young developing players then I suspect this is deliberate. Lets be honest the impact of young loan players e.g the boy from Man U has been neglible so I’m not concerned.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:28 pm

I expected a bit of stick for my previous post (and I'll probably get more with this one!)

I didn't mention Davies and admittedly that is one area where we do look better than at this stage last season.

I recall fans getting all excited last summer at us signing a load of players none of us had heard of - Penny, Kelly, Smith, Phillips etc, all from down south, most with very little playing time and I just worry were going down the same route. The last player we got from a Premier League U23 was Charlie Scott from Man Utd. One start, and I think that came when we were safe. Last heard of at sixth tier Altrincham. I notice a team mate of Collar's at Brighton, Josh Kerr, has signed for Airdrie. Not sure YOH, how he seems a better bet than some of Canning's duds, he seems exactly like the sort of signing Scott was. If the player is 22 and yet to make a single league start for anybody, not even on loan, why would you think he'll fit in to the rough and tumble of our top league? Hopefully Hunt is another David Buchanan but with a better outcome, as we went down that season.

Only giving my opinion, no point saying I'm impressed with our signings when I'm not.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies