Accies Media

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies Media

Postby MarcusNash » Wed May 22, 2019 12:31 pm

Hello Accies world!

After a full season of club media I thought it would be best to tell you all the plans I have going forward as well as taking suggestions from you.

It’s been no easy task building the clubs media as best as I can in such a short period of time, however the support from the fans has been the crucial factor to the success. Moving forward I’m hoping to have two extra pair of hands in the media department for the season 2019/2020. I’m looking to launch AcciesTV as an online subscription channel with plenty more content, streaming of games, highlight packages, live commentary and much more. The new website will be live in just under three weeks time.

I’m open to hear what you would like to see more of from a fans perspective.

Thank you in advance!

Marcus Nash
MarcusNash
Pub League

Re: Accies Media

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 22, 2019 1:30 pm

The improvement in all things media has been one of the seasons’ successes so well done you Marcus. PS the announcer was really good last saturday. I look forward to the new website as the existing one is really clunky and to be honest not my first port of call its usually the twitter feed. I wonder if there is value in considering an electronic version of the programme. Quite a few clubs seem to be going down this road although again to be honest its ‘years’ since i bought one home or away unless a special match. I’m interested to see what Accies TV will comprise and consist. I think many of us were asking for highlight packages and were not expecting full game broadcasts. As i go to most home and away games I’m not sure if I would pay a lot. not being mean but the cost of attending away matches over a season plus my home season ticket makes supporting Accies not a cheap ‘hobby’. Anyway keep up the great work Onwards and upwards Accies Media.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Wed May 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi Marcus

Interviews with former players would be good. It would be good to hear their stories from the past and what they are up to now.

I can't make it to a lot of games, so I would definitely be interested in some sort of subscription channel.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby TallyhoAndyboy » Thu May 23, 2019 6:17 am

As a Accies fan living down south I would definitely be interested in a subscription TV services, great news! Keep up the good work! :D
TallyhoAndyboy
Pub League

Postby Colombian Boffin » Thu May 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Marcus - thanks for this post. To go from what we had before you started, to a subscription channel in just over a year, seems almost miraculous. I for one would be very interested in it. Interviews with former players, managers and some fans would be great, and live feeds of games could be really useful. You're bringing us all into the 21st Century!

Keep up the great work and thanks for all your efforts.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Good news about Accies TV, I have a season ticket but would subscribe to see highlights, live streams etc.

Regarding the programme, it’s not something many people buy nowadays as Twitter, websites and forums give more current, updated information.
There are certain things exclusive to the programme such as players jersey sponsorship. This used to be quite popular. I’ve done it myself 4 or 5 times but not recently as no one sees it.
Maybe if it were on the website or generally more visible online it could become relevant again.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:07 pm

I always considered the programme to be a marker in time, something to look back on in years to come. You can't do that with online programmes that will likely disappear within days. The Accies programme will be no loss however. Berwick Rangers put more effort into theirs last season, and had far more content. Ours was probably the worst in all four leagues. Again. The fact we've had the same cover design three seasons in a row speaks volumes.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 pm

Why is there still no match footage on Accies TV? We had to rely on Airdrie to find highlights of Saturday, Raith and Stirling for highlights of friendlies and Queen's Park for the penalty shoot out. Even tiny junior clubs can manage to show match footage.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby MarcusNash » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:47 am

Stevie,

This is something that will be live come September we’re hoping. We have to get lines installed and agreements in place with TV systems.

It’s in the pipeline I can assure you I’ve been working hard to get this right.

I’d rather give you a proper product than a half effort!

Stay patient, it’s coming!
MarcusNash
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks Marcus, look forward to it.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies