Our release list

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Our release list

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 21, 2019 3:43 pm

From the club website. Fewer than expected but hints of more to come-

At the end of the season, players choose to move on for their own reasons, some are released by the club, some come to the end of loan spells & others are still in negotiations.

The club would like to thank all of the listed players for their time at Hamilton Academical FC & wish them all the success in the future. –

Lenny Sowah came to us for his second spell at the beginning of the 2018/19 campaign. Lenny’s contract has expired and come to an end;

Matthew Kilgallon joined the club in August 2018 and was a regular starting player for us however picked up an injury in April and was ruled out for the remainder of the season. Matt’s contract has expired and come to an end;

Jacob Marsden joined the club at the beginning of the 2018/19 campaign. He came on as a half time as a substitute against Hibs in December and played fantastic for his Accies debut. Jacob’s contract has expired and come to an end;

Tom Taiwo joined the club from Falkirk at the beginning of the 2018/19 campaign. Tom has been released by mutual consent and has left the club;

Delphin Tshiembe joined the club in August 2018 from AC Horsens. Delph has been released by mutual agreement and has left the club;

Hamish Morrison joined the club at the beginning of the 2018/19 campaign from Brighton. Hamish’s contract has expired and come to an end;

David McMillan has come to the end of his loan spell and will return to his parent club St Johnstone. Tony Andreu has come to an end of his loan spell.

Ronan Hughes & Jack Breen return to the club from their loan spells at Stirling Albion & Edinburgh City.

Further ins and outs will happen over the close season. We wish all departing players good wishes for the future.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Our release list

Postby Swift Frank » Wed May 22, 2019 6:31 am

Big Steve Davies should get tied up for at least another year.
Hopefully along with Mikel,22 and one or2 others including Woods.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby The Goalie » Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am

Whilst speaking to Brian Rice, my father was told that we have signed Brian Easton on a two year deal :-)
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby hollerman » Wed May 22, 2019 10:50 am

The wording of this is somewhat ambiguous.
Just wondering why it is only with regard to Taiwo and Tshiembe that it specifically states ""has been released" and "has left the club", whereas with most of the rest, only that "their contract has expired and come to an end".
hollerman
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed May 22, 2019 10:59 am

Kilgallon has definitely left, he said so on Twitter. It's a really poorly worded statement and features some bad English. Probably the work of McGowan.

Sorry to see Sowah go, but as well as Easton and McMann, isn't young Leon McCann also a left back? I know he is highly rated.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby hollerman » Wed May 22, 2019 12:01 pm

McCann is an excellent prospect. Have seen him often playing for under 20/reserves and has always impressed.Must be due a shot at the first team soon.
hollerman
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Whilst speaking to Brian Rice, my father was told that we have signed Brian Easton on a two year deal

Brian’s game against us was his first game since December 2017. Not surprising therefore it was a bit of a night mare. There is no doubt that a match fit Easton at 31 years of age would be a great acquisition but the jury has to be out on how successful he will be coming back from such an injury. If we have signed him it would be a gamble of a signing but then its in our DNA to make these kind e.g. Templeton. Its that time of year all sorts of rumours flying around involving junior players e.g Kieran Anderson of Camelon, players from other senior clubs such as Tidser, Alston etc. If we follow last years model the club is essentially in holiday mode for the next few week so we wont hear anything official. Doesnt mean we arent working behind the scenes.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed May 22, 2019 1:09 pm

McCann and McMann in the same line up?
Commentators nightmare!
Hope we sign Declan McManus too!
And fire Rice and appoint Neil McCann!
(Too far,I know!)
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 28, 2019 12:15 pm

From club website:-

The club can announce that Alex Penny has had his contract cancelled by mutual agreement.

We thank him for his efforts and wish him well.

I assume he wasnt on the origonal list because they were negotiating a settlement.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 30, 2019 11:50 am

From the club website:-

Hamilton Academical FC can today confirm that Gary Woods has left the Club at the end of his contract.

Since first joining from Ross County, in 2016, Woods has made 93 appearances for Accies as a regular starter for the club. The shot-stopper played his part in securing Premiership status for each of the three years he was here.

Paying tribute to the goalie, Chairman, Allan Maitland said:

“Gary has been a fantastic servant to the club, he’s been a crucial part of keeping Hamilton in Scotland’s top flight and we wish him all the best for his future.

Disappointed if it means Fulton is now number 1. Remain to be convinced that he is reliable enough.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu May 30, 2019 2:31 pm

We, too, have to move on TT! AS long as I can remember, our last keeper was never going to be as good as the new one coming in. Rikki Ferguson, then Alan, in the past, then Cerny and with McGovern more recent.

There have been no real bomb scares, although Bryn Halliwells kick-outs almost always went out the park on either side, no matter how he tried to put the ball down the middle. I'm sure we would sign a proven stopper if required, but let's give Fulton a real chance to prove himself worthy of the No.1 jersey, and the League Cup games are a good test of that.

All the best to Woodsy, wherever he goes.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Ziggy now confirmed by the club as away. I make that 10 released so far.

And I know Porcupine we have been successful in terms of goalkeepers over the years but I still get nightmares thinking about Fulton’s performance against Albion Rovers in the League Cup 2 seasons ago. Still onwards and upwards!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Thu May 30, 2019 6:48 pm

Think its 13 who are released, retired or loan ended.

Woods, Marsden, Morrison, Ziggy, Penny, Kilgallon, Tshiembe, Taiwo, Imrie, McMillan, Andreu, Monlouis and Keatings
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu May 30, 2019 8:04 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Ziggy now confirmed by the club as away. I make that 10 released so far.

And I know Porcupine we have been successful in terms of goalkeepers over the years but I still get nightmares thinking about Fulton’s performance against Albion Rovers in the League Cup 2 seasons ago. Still onwards and upwards!

Did you have to remind me of that debacle? :roll: :roll: Shaun Want scores two goals, but we still loose on penalties to the wee Rovers!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri May 31, 2019 7:12 am

Gav wrote:Think its 13 who are released, retired or loan ended.

Woods, Marsden, Morrison, Ziggy, Penny, Kilgallon, Tshiembe, Taiwo, Imrie, McMillan, Andreu, Monlouis and Keatings

That's a fair side if you disclude Penny, Tshambles,Taiwo, McMillan and Monlouis.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 31, 2019 5:47 pm

Mason Bloomfield has now been loaned out by Norwich to Crawley Town for next season.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri May 31, 2019 10:24 pm

Looking back,if it wasn't for that Bloomfield winner v Livi on that horrible rainy NDP day,we were toast.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:40 am

Hadn't realised Tierney was released in January but hes picked up a contract with Dumbarton.

STRIKER Ryan Tierney, formerly of Hamilton Accies and Airdrieonians, has signed for Dumbarton on a one-year deal.

Having played for Lowland League outfit Edusport Academy after being released by Hamilton in January, he returns to the senior ranks.

He was part of the youth setup at Hamilton and scored twice in five games for Airdrie during a loan spell there in season 2017/18.

Manager Jim Duffy said: "Ryan is still only 21 and we are keen to see how he develops with us.

"His goal record with Airdrie shows he has something about him and we hope he can take the next steps in his career here."
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:13 pm

He also played one match as a trialist for Albion Rovers but nothing came of it. That was before their form turned around, the team was pretty hopeless. Hope he can make a go of it at Dumbarton.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies