Seaside Leagues

Re: Accies .V. St. Johnstone - MATCH THREAD

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Awful and obliterated...
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 15, 2019 12:15 pm

Well we are at home and our home record under Rice is reasonably positive. There should be a bumper crowd to back the team and hopefully St johnstone are already on holiday. On the other hand draws seem to be the most likely outcome at home, the squad is down to bare bones with Gocic out and Miller confirmed as out as well and I cant see Saints doing us any favours. I expect us to draw and St Mirren to comfortably beat Dundee who have absolutely nothing to play for and would delight their fans by rolling over and ensuring we are in the play offs. Expecting a play off outcome I watched the Inverness/UTD game last night. Pretty even until Inverness had a man red carded and eventually they conceded in the second half. Neither side impressed but then we arent exactly in great shape. :cry:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby monkeybones » Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 pm

St Mirren have played 4 games in the bottom 6.
2 have required stoppage time equalisers and the other 2 have been against 10 men for most of the match.
The universe evens that luck out...
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 pm

Wish I shared your optimism, Monkeybones.

We have lost or drawn too many games this season against our fellow strugglers, and Monday night's result is just another example. Although a Dundee loss against St M is not a result I want to see, it's now the Paisley lot who only need that one point, and that's statistically more likely than us getting three against a far better Perth side.

However, even if in the play-offs, we stand a good chance against the two fighting for the other spot, providing we are both up to full strength, and up for both games themselves.

BUT, with the BR interview indicating a much younger squad next season, could it be that the senior ranks in our team know they are probably playing their last game(s) for us, and have nothing to play for in any event?

Of course, I'll be there to shout the team on come Saturday for another home win this season against St Johnstone.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed May 15, 2019 10:32 pm

monkeybones wrote:St Mirren have played 4 games in the bottom 6.
2 have required stoppage time equalisers and the other 2 have been against 10 men for most of the match.
The universe evens that luck out...

This is what I think as I don't think they would have won 11v11 on Monday.It took them long enough to score and that came from a lucky deflection and break of the ball.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm

mind that all season ticket holders can bring a +1 along
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat May 18, 2019 10:07 am

C'mon Accies, let's get this finished today!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:45 pm

great start, Ziggy scores for us and Dundee have just scored

Bloody Dundee now had a man sent off. So St Midden against 10 men again
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Westender » Sat May 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Hero's, what a great day to be an accie. But now let's build I don't want to through that again next year.

Good luck to ziggy and thank you
Westender
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Well my predictions were half right St Mirren won but we managed to better a draw and seal our own destiny. Great to see Ziggy score and all the best in Romania. We will welcome you back with open arms if it goes pear shape. And thank you Steve Davies for sealing the deal. A real football brain there even if still carrying some weight! I do hope he is with us next season. I heard Maitland give some credit to Canning for keeping us in10 before he ‘left’. Err no Allan the credit is all Rice’s taking Martins squad (the worst I’ve seen in the last 5 seasons) and squeezing enough out of it to keep us up. As others have said I’ve had enough of skin of the teeth survival. Know we know which division were in presumably recruitment for next season can start in earnest. Anyway it was a good team performance although Want looked out of place. I hadn’t realised his last appearance was Boxing Day. Good to see big Easton making an appearance his first since late 2017. Apparently he’s been offered a 6 month contract by Sts to allow him to get match fit. I’d take a punt on him. Anyway time to relax and enjoy the play offs.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat May 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Good stuff and totally deserved today. Everyone did their jobs today and I thought Want was fine - considering he was dropped in from nowhere - didn't think he looked out of place at all. BR has kept us up despite inheriting a poor, disjointed squad and deserves massive credit.

I look forward to the close season to see how the squad takes shape and if we can keep Andreu and those under contract stay, then I think it will be good enough to give us a fair shout of relatively early safety next season. Perhaps some poster(s) who have been unfairly negative about BR will reconsider their opinions now we have survived, although I won't hold my breath. Onwards and upwards...……………..
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beardy » Sat May 18, 2019 5:59 pm

Awesome afternoon, great shift put in by those on the field and the 12th man off of it - more of that please.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat May 18, 2019 7:08 pm

I also thought Want was fine. Couldn't have been easy for him, coming straight back in for a match of that magnitude. I assume he was subbed as he'd picked up a knock. Sowah was good too. The only iffy performance was Oakley, who even seemed to lack a bit of effort. Still, he scored some crucial goals for us so I'll let him off.

Hopefully the fans will get behind Rice now and give him a bit of time. We'll always have bad runs in this league, and when we do it would be good if some didn't throw their toys out the pram and rant on and on about the manager. Dundee lost their first six games, then ten in a row at the end. St Mirren lost nine in a row. Our worst run was four. Granted we took some skelpings and if you've given up your day to go and watch that, and they were mostly away days, you've got every right to vent your anger but relentless bitter, angry posts are just a pain for everyone else and suck the life out of this board.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat May 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I also thought Want was fine. Couldn't have been easy for him, coming straight back in for a match of that magnitude. I assume he was subbed as he'd picked up a knock. Sowah was good too. The only iffy performance was Oakley, who even seemed to lack a bit of effort. Still, he scored some crucial goals for us so I'll let him off.

Hopefully the fans will get behind Rice now and give him a bit of time. We'll always have bad runs in this league, and when we do it would be good if some didn't throw their toys out the pram and rant on and on about the manager. Dundee lost their first six games, then ten in a row at the end. St Mirren lost nine in a row. Our worst run was four. Granted we took some skelpings and if you've given up your day to go and watch that, and they were mostly away days, you've got every right to vent your anger but relentless bitter, angry posts are just a pain for everyone else and suck the life out of this board.

A good summary, SC. And,if you looked at Shaun Want during the celebrations, he had TWO massive ice packs, each one strapped onto his calf muscles. Not having played since Boxing Day in the first team, he performed better than he might have. Scott Martin was also blowing out his **** just before being subbed, so there wa no lack of effort today. A great overall team performance.

My funniest momemnt was Daz being whacked in the face by the ball, just in front of us, at point blank range, and felled to the ground. McLean (rightly) calls on our two Physios, at which point Daz gets up raging and tells them to basically 'go forth and multiply', as he resumes the game. Physios leave the field of play laughing and shaking their heads at his indestructability. Daz had a great game again today and his surges forward, previously restricted under MC, caused real problems to the St J defence, Hopefully he can manage another season, as his fitness level and legs seem really good.

Well done to all, as this run of results for us, would not have happened under our previous manager's regime. All credit to the BoM for their correct decision.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat May 18, 2019 9:49 pm

Great day. Just great.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby aldoaccie » Sat May 18, 2019 11:05 pm

Incidentally, the bile against us on twitter about staying up is ridiculous.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:06 pm

Where has Swift Frank gone
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun May 19, 2019 2:51 am

Not just Twitter-Facebook also especially the cretins on that vile Scottish Football Away Days page.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies