St. Mirren .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon May 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: St. Mirren .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon May 06, 2019 7:26 pm

Don’t concede a cheap early goal.

Frustrate them but that doesn’t mean we sit in and invite pressure and surrender possession. Kill the game at every opportunity and don’t allow them into a rhythm. We sit most weeks watching teams kill us by killing the clock, now it’s our turn.

Ogymkpoe has been a nugget at this end of the season and another 60/70 minutes from him are key, him and Oakley will keep teams honest at the back but there’ll come a time where they will over commit and that’s when we have to punish them.

I can only see 1 change from Dundee and it depends if Kilgallon is fit and the sacrifice would be mimnaugh and gogic back into midfield.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Mon May 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Kilgallon won’t play again this season if rumours are to be believed.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Score first as I don't think they would come back to win 2-1.

The diver Dreyer away back to his permanent club,so Ziggy can breathe a tad easier.A Well supporter I was speaking to said St.Mirren showed no urgency verses them and if we play as we can,we should beat them-never mind draw the game.

Let's get as many of us there as possible to cheer the team over the line although the club really should be providing free buses here.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu May 09, 2019 12:11 pm

The Advertiser this morning had some welcome news. Tony Andreu is happy to talk if we stay up.

It makes this game even more important on Monday.

I'm feeling relatively confident about getting at least a draw.

Perhaps written in the stars that died in the wool Accies fan Lewis Smith scores his first goal to secure our premier league status.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Fri May 10, 2019 3:01 pm

I've a feeling that we'll sneak a win. After the season that we've had, we deserve to enjoy the last game against St Johnstone with no pressure.

Fingers crossed for a large away contingent.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Yes I’ve got a feeling that this is an occasion that everyone who travels will be really glad that they made the effort.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 13, 2019 9:10 am

Not going to try and predict this one. On current form both teams are on a par winning one, losing one and drawing 3 of their last 5 games. In the first 55 minutes or so against Livvie and the second half against Dundee we showed a more positive game and if we can repeat this over the 90 then we should get something. Andrew is beginning to show touches of the old Andreu just at the right time on the other hand I’m still not convinced about Fulton. An away support of 500 plus would be really good for us and hopefully we can play our part. Cant say I’m looking forward to this but onwards and upwards Accies.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Westender » Mon May 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Can you pay at the gate tonight
Westender
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Yep. You have to buy a ticket at the away ticket office and then use it with electronic ticket reader at the gate.

(What do I know? The club website and twitter feed says cash at the turnstiles!)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 pm

Unable to make the game , but, boy, have we made it really hard on ourselves here? Another win this season at home against St Johnstone, or Dundee to beat St Mirren? Well, the Dee did it against Livy. But two in a row?

We look seriously weakened with Gocic's red card tonight for Saturday's game but there again Lenny Sowah may have one of his good games do us.

It's the usual Accies with a nerve shredding last game of the season, and without, hopefully, two more nerve shredders against Dundee United/ Inverness.

This year is going to be some escape, if it happens. :shock:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon May 13, 2019 10:51 pm

porcupine wrote:Unable to make the game , but, boy, have we made it really hard on ourselves here? Another win this season at home against St Johnstone, or Dundee to beat St Mirren? Well, the Dee did it against Livy. But two in a row?

We look seriously weakened with Gocic's red card tonight for Saturday's game but there again Lenny Sowah may have one of his good games for us.

It's the usual Accies with a nerve shredding last game of the season, and without, hopefully, two more nerve shredders against Dundee United/ Inverness.

This year is going to be some escape, if it happens. :shock:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Even before Gocics’ sending off St Mirren were looking the more up for this game. Once he was gone our weaknesses were exposed and it was only a matter of time as we were pinned back for most of the time. Didn’t stick around for the the extra 6 minutes at the end so missed Sts second but that was incidental to the final result. We had plenty of time to prepare for this game and the bonus of Woods return but to no avail and to the disappointment of the 600 plus Accies fans who made the effort to attend. Miller has a dislocated shoulder so don’t think he will make Saturday and I assume Gocic is out No idea who replaces him surely not teshiembe! I expect St Mirren to easily beat Dundee and at best we draw. Hey ho play offs I expect.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue May 14, 2019 7:11 am

Looking at the match stats and we had 51%???

Has to be a wind up, st mirren dominated from start to finish and kept the ball for long periods. Closer to 30% would be more accurate. We barely strung more than 3/4 passes together at the business end of the pitch.

They must count the time it takes woods to take a bye kick as part of the possession and the length of time it takes to take a shy.

Got what we deserved last night
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 am

Can we not simply appeal Gogic's red card meaning that he can play on Saturday or is not s simple as that?
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am

I thought St Mirren were pretty poor until well into the second half. Mullen could, maybe should, have been sent off in nine minutes. Bad misses from Oakley and then Mullen. Assume Kilgallon is still out which leaves us struggling.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 14, 2019 10:42 am

Can we not simply appeal Gogic's red card meaning that he can play on Saturday or is not s simple as that?

I think we can but knowing the SFA, they would probaly fast track the appeal before Saturday :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Captain Haggis » Tue May 14, 2019 12:28 pm

I had to watch this from the St Mirren end ( attended with a Saints fan/ friend - never again ). I thought Saints deserved the win (just) and we were lucky not to have another player sent off (as were Saints) - Maybe Dundee will do us a favour with no manager in place (or even ty to impress any new manager that is appointed) and actually turn up for a change. I'm afraid I see us losing and Saints drawing and going to play offs on goal difference (minus 49 goals jeeez). Both Accies and Saints have been poor this season and we deserve to be where we are, still we can pull it off we have done it before.
Captain Haggis
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Tue May 14, 2019 2:29 pm

ooft that was a sore one.

We never do it when a big support turns up do we?

I'm not at all confident about Saturday and we can only hope that St Johnstone's holidays start the following day and they play like we did last year on the final day of the season.

I thought Scott Martin and Daz were just off it last night. With no Miller for Saturday, surely Lewis Smith will get a run out. Hamilton or Sowah at the back with Ziggy? - that is the question.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:13 pm

A few weeks ago St Middens player Kyle Magennis scored a 94 minute equalizer against Motherwell to earn St Midden a point.

Could this come back to haunt us. If we lose against St Johnstone that means that St Midden would only need to draw against Dundee to be safe as we would be equal on points.

Decent support from Accies last night, hope we can get at least a point and hope Dundee with their new temp manager can do us a favour
smc4761
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies