Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:15 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:57 am

At 4.45pm on Saturday our record v Dundee this Season will read P3 L3.
Our magnificent Head Coach will commence the usual post match verbal pish.
We will dust ourselves down and go again.
Nothing ever changes.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby adriansprott » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:20 am

That may well be the case but I hope that the players take heart from what was a hardworking display against Celtic on Saturday . That said , from what I saw on the highlights program at the weekend , Dundee seemed to have strengthened well recently and looked unlucky to be beaten by Well .

Either way , sleeves rolled up and get right intae them .....
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby Gav » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:28 am

I am sure sacking the well respected kitman when he is off sick after heart surgery will do a lot to unite everyone.

A dreadful decision by a board who seem determined to drive away as many fans as possible.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:24 am

I am sure sacking the well respected kitman when he is off sick after heart surgery will do a lot to unite everyone.

Started a thread before I saw this Gav.

To the match itself. Everytime you think Dundee have turned a corner they seem to go onto return to losing form but then they are playing us so you would expect them to take all 3 points. A result for Dundee will see them kick on and leave us to fight it out with Saint Mirren for the play off spot. On current form a draw would be a result for us but now where near good enough. Andreu has yet to make an impact but at least he is playing. Its all very well Fulton making some great saves but if he then throws away goals as he did at Saints and Celtic it doesnt auger well either for his or the defence’s confidence. Possibilty it seems of further signings arriving but not a game I would want to throw them into if thye haven't had match time. 2 - 0 Dundee.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am

Hopefully the fans who have stopped going because of Canning's soul destroying brand of football will return in their numbers for this game - there could not be a better time for us to come together and get behind the team.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Now that it is a Canning free zone I'll defo be there.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Dundee Game 02 February

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:49 pm

Difficult for our new manager to make many tactical changes in two days, but, here's hopring that a wind of change has blown through the dresssing room, and players play without the restrictions of the past.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Dundee Game 02 February

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:19 pm

He's watching from the Stand..
Cairns and Beuzelin in charge.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:39 am

Quiet week eh ?

Time to back Brian & the boys in a huge game.

Saturday 3pm Home v Dundee FC

Season Books Valid
PATG £22 Adults £12 U18/O65
McCarthy & McArthur open for home fans 12:30pm - 2:45pm
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Mon the Accies!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Looks as though it’s going to be a perfect afternoon for football. Hoping for a good performance and result. All the best to Brian, Boozy, George and the team. Let’s hope it’s the start of a new and positive chapter.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Much better performance to take a hard fought point, lots of work still to do but it was great to see a real fighting spirit....mon the accies !
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Positives and negatives. Not sure who selected the team Boozy/George or Brian. Probably a combination of the 2. We were much more positive in the first half than I’ve seen for a long time but if Woods hadn’t made 2 cracking saves we could have gone in at half time. Second half we lost our way. The substitutions were positive although Miller seemed to start off in midfield and took a bit of time make an impact. To go 1 - 0 nil down would have normally been the end of it but we came back into in the last 10 and it was great to see the equaliser going and a cracker at that from Mackinnon. I liked what I saw of Oakley and Davis. Too faraway to see Macmillan’s contribution On the other hand still don’t see a long term future for Boyd and Andreu didn’t impress. Not the Toni of old. Overall a much better point for us than Dundee.psychologically they remain in the play off spot and can’t seem to turn a corner. If the crowd figures are to be believed a significantly better home crowd of 1400. It was certainly bigger than recent weeks. A clear message to the board.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:02 pm

The fact we would have cheered the team off even if we lost tells it's own story.

Much improved,shots at goal,keeping men up top at corners and coming back from a goal down-something we haven't done in around two years under Canning

Still need a right midfielder-Peter Pawlett would have ideal- and Tony Andreu was breathing out his arse which explained a few errors from him.My only criticism was the at times reluctance to pop the ball up quick to Davies who was winning everything.

For me,both us and Dundee look much better and but for having two crap Managers,would both be nearer the mid table sides.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:07 pm

I saw it very differently!. I thought in the first half Boyd looked quite good, and as for 22, I still think he looks a class above! I thought he tired in the second half and made a pass, rather than taking the ball on. But as I said, I think he absolutely ouses class with the ball at his feet. It's sometimes strange how we see the game differently!!!!. Anyway I would say there was a definite improvement! Much more attacking. We were actually leaving 2 up when they had a corner. Brave!!!. Time to enjoy my Saturday night, even although it was only a point.its a game of opinions TT.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Only a point but it felt like a victory.
Enjoyable game and good to see the old Accies fighting spirit back.
Dundee look improved so great to still be above them. If we’d lost I fear they’d have moved we’ll ahead but having equalised it’s a blow to them.
Euan
Premiership

Postby adriansprott » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:00 pm

Much improved , thought Oakley did well as did McMIllan when he came on . Davies to me was ineffectual , overweight and immobile and belongs in pub football. Thought Andreu was struggling too , but can’t fault the positivity of the manager with his lineup and substitutions . Cracking finish from Daz and thought we were going to nick it with that run in the box from Miller at the death.

Onwards and upwards .
adriansprott
Pub League

Re: Dundee Game 02 February

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:33 pm

porcupine wrote:Difficult for our new manager to make many tactical changes in two days, but, here's hopring that a wind of change has blown through the dresssing room, and players play without the restrictions of the past.

Little doubt that my hopes last Thursday were realised today. More positivity in 90 minutes than we have seen collectively all season. Losing a late goal would have finished us with the previous negative tactics, but, all credit to BR. In a couple of days he seems to have been able to have players operate at a far higher level than before. New signings looked good too, and although we dropped two points, the one gained still keeps us ahead of the others. It's a big ask, but I don't feel concerned about St J coming on Wednesday night now, with this great performance from all who played today. Tony A is clearly still short of match fitness, but his touches are still there, and Gary Woods most certainly ensured that we came away with at draw, with some world calss saves.

Tighten up the defence, BR, and we can climb out if this relegation zone.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:56 pm

Optimism evaporated after scumdee’s goal and i feared that pessimism would set in. Like it always has this season.

However, what i witnessed was a cliched ‘fighting spirit’ and even i applauded the players off of the plastic. Haven’t done that in a long time.

And as for Brian’s enthusiasm...magic.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives