Celtic .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Celtic .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 pm

I would give the players a bye today. Although we lost, they actually played reasonably well and Fulton made some terrific saves but unfortunately again made some basic errors. The problem was we because of the way we set up we had no out-ball whatsoever and even when we broke, there wasn't much, if anything, on. #22 and Boyd both had slight chances but other than that we were defending throughout and it was clear that the manager was willing to lose as long as it wasn't by much. When I saw the team on Twitter on getting to Celtic Park it was clear we had accepted the loss before we began and our chances of getting anything other than 'nil' were astronomical.

It was a complete reversal of Canning blaming the negativity in the stand for the negativity on the field - his blatantly negative tactics left the few who were there with a distinctly negative feeling for shelling out our hard earned cash on travel and tickets when he had decided not even to compete. I genuinely cant understand the thinking, pure self preservation and bugger the fans !

So we move onto next week and for me this is Canning's last chance. Lose and we go down. Win and we might not, but probably will anyway. I cant see any way back for him with the support but if we try hard and lose to a better team on the day in any game, we can understand and have to accept. Surrendering without competing, as we do so often, is just disgusting.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:22 am

At Ibrox we completely surrendered without competing but today I actually felt we competed.
McMann would be my first pick these days.
What about the strong green laser being fired directly at us today from behind the goals at the Celtic end. Police not interested in stopping it but it wasn't a normal laser pen it was impossible to look directly at it. Scum!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:48 am

^^^^^^^ lol@competed.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:01 am

I suppose I'd better point out - I mean whoever was doing the laser thing is scum. In much happier times after the 2014 win I won't forget the Celtic fans coming out the pub (at the other corner from the Springfield Vaults) and applauding, shaking hands and saying well done.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:19 am

Re. Competing... again it's all relative but yesterday we at least tried to attack (McMann especially). At ibrox, we were keeping the score down and wasting time when we were losing (that was a disgrace). In my opinion that was a big standard trip to Parkhead.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:03 am

Bog standard. Off the pitch it was really depressing as more and more well kent faces weren't there (understandably). A really unhelpful tweet about real supporters yesterday- that is utter rubbish.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 am

Off the pitch it was really depressing as more and more well kent faces weren't there (understandably).

How many did we take Bluesy? The club twitter feed only gives the overall crowd figure.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:51 am

Six men and a dog
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Bluesy, I don't see how we can compete/did compete when we play without a recognised striker and set up to defend with little thought of what happens when we get the ball and have the opportunity to potentially attack. What did happen was generally, with 2 exceptions, we lost the ball and allowed Celtic to come back onto us. I thought we did play not too badly, but only in as far as we could with that set-up and mindset. Despite that we still lost 3 goals and in the most unsurprising stat of the day, we failed to score. In the sh!tshows of recent games it wasn't the worst by any stretch, but the effect was still the same - nil points !
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:41 pm

I think about 50 but about 10 appeared to be Minmaugh's family!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:57 pm

I see Saint Midden just taken the lead against Hibs.
Personally,I blame Canning for that.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby aldoaccie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 pm

:lol:
Swift Frank wrote:I see Saint Midden just taken the lead against Hibs.
Personally,I blame Canning for that.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:06 pm

Good to see Hibees coming back for the win.
And Canning ain't getting any credit for that.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives