Accies v Aberdeen

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies v Aberdeen

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:25 am

I'm not going partly because Martin Canning is still in charge.
And partly because Mr Canning Senior might jump out and throw a bag of flour over my new North Face jacket that Santa brought me.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Their pushing Aaron McGowan next to rally the fans now. Quote from an interview on Accies Tv pre the Aberdeen games.

To the fans - "We all want the same thing and that's winning games and good performances, If we all pull in the right direction together, we will be stronger as a club"

One of few successes of the Summer transfer window he must be regretting his move now.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 am

Yeah he deserves a move to a bigger Club.
Like Dukla Pumpherston or Melchester Rovers.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby adriansprott » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:34 am

McGowan , Kilgallon , Miller and Ziggy the only automatic first team picks for me at present .
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby Euan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:59 pm

I’d add Martin, but the manager doesn’t agree.
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:13 pm

How low is the home support going to be tonight?

With the team not inspiring the fans, the cold weather, could we be down to under 800

2-0 Aberdeen
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Euan wrote:I’d add Martin, but the manager doesn’t agree.

I agree with that , good engine , get's stuck in and should be an automatic choice but then the manager knows better ;)
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:21 pm

Fulton in goals again tonight. Cannings love child Imrie playing, as well as Taiwo. Steve "who at all the pies" Davies playing upfront with Miller

Aberdeen playing a very attack minded team

Accies Nil can anyone add a figure for Aberdeen score
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:02 pm

Anything between 1 and 12.
Probably between 4 and 6.
Canning OUT.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:14 pm

There's the first one in.
CANNING GTF#
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Beardy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:10 pm

Well the positive to take away from tonight was hypothermia..

Only highlight in the second half was the wee cheer that Keatings got when he finally touched the ball
Last edited by Beardy on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:16 pm

Pathetic. To say Aberdeen played it like a practice match is wrong - it was like the warm down after a practice match.

Cant be bothered going through what happened, but it warmed the old cockles to see Canning hiding for much of the game but get blockers put in place in case someone rushed the bench after the Aberdeen goals in the second half. I would be surprised if anyone had the energy to do so after watching that strength sapping sh!tfest.

At least with Dundee winning we will potentially be at the bottom of the league after we get nil points on Saturday and St Mirren play Hibs at home on Sunday. That would be a better reflection of how bad we currently are and would stop Cannings cringeworthy references to 2 teams being worse than us so 14 points is an acceptable total. The empty seats and the lack of atmosphere are far better indicators of how fans feel about the team than almost anything else and there were plenty of shouts against Canning as well, so the BoD can have absolutely no doubt as to what, sorry who, the problem is. Not that that will change anything.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Too bloody right.
The only people making fools of themselves are the Accies BOD with their constant backing of Canning the Clown.
99.9% of us want Clownzo Out and that day can't come soon enough.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:37 pm

One shot, Kilgallon's header, at goal. Other than that Joe Louis had no saves to make that I can remember,

McInnes was never in his dug-out, Canning was rarely out of his, hardly seen and never heard. Looked like Boozy out doing all the shouting.

We actually competed well in the first 20 minutes and were still in the game at 1-0 down at half-time. Thereafter, usual collapse. Miller goes off with what looked like a hamstring issue, and Martin on for the last sub, not the first!! Taiwo anonymous as usual.

Regardless of results elsewhere, we are destined for the automatic relegation spot, with a completely proven usless manager.

Embarassing at the end with what I presume is the Security manager and a ring of stewards around the Home dug-out in case of an invasion of disgruntled customers. Alan Maitland's vote of Confidence in MC is also an embarassment.

And, on this continuation, I'll decline a season ticket after holding one since the 80's.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:42 pm

Very wise move.
Every fan needs to treat the Club with the contempt which they are treating us and cut ties until Canning is pumped.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 am

Highlight of the evening was seeing Maitland, Les and a couple of hanger ons smiling, laughing and handshakes all round on the pitch before kick off. If anyone is under the illusions that the views of the fans are of any importance then they are sadly deluded. I think it was Willie Wastle who said we should be glad that the club was not a rich mans plaything. But that’s exactly what it is. They get to play football manager and youth developers to their hearts content with a manager who does as he’s told.

Porcupine where did Maitland give Canning a vote of confidence? I missed that.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 am

Willie Wastle is a happy clapping seal. No surprise he hasn't been seen in months since things have went to expectation under Canning.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:38 am

I must say.
Happy Clappers are now an endangered species.
A bit like African elephants.
Or Motherwell fans that don't have ginger hair and spectacles.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:19 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Porcupine where did Maitland give Canning a vote of confidence? I missed that.

OK, it was implied in a statement which was give to BT Sport by MC, and not directly from AM. However, it's likely that RM is still pulling all the strings behind the scenes, and that AM may have no real power to hire and fire, and where there is an expanded BOD now.

That's the best I can give you, TT.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Wish I had stayed at home.

I will say this, with the 4-1-4-1 formation we managed to play some good football. Managing to interlink passes in midfield was a joy to watch.
That lasted for around 20 minutes of the game..

Miller going down with what looked like a hamstring injury is worrying, he was causing some trouble for Aberdeen by running at defenders, the same problem occurs game in game out though, he looks up for some support and nobody is there so has to continue running into danger.

HOW IS TAIWO GETTING A START IN THIS TEAM? Absolutely rotten, he offers nothing to the team. Scott Martin SHOULD be in that midfield, especially with Aberdeen being so physical.
Boyd, as I've stated previously, outwith a couple of great goals per season, what exactly has he to offer? With Miller off it should've been Bingham on, keep up the pressure, however Martin thinks 10 stone, 5 foot 5 Boyd is going to do the business. Boyd losing the ball bringing unnecessary pressure onto himself in midfield, leads perfectly to the second goal. TERRIBLE SUB.
Speaking of terrible subs, Keatings for Davies? WTF. Again, Aberdeens centre backs are like mountains and we bring on another very light midfielder, pushing Tony into CF where he was not comfortable looking at all. Davies may lack fitness, however he was still doing the business when called upon.

I said earlier in the week that I thought Mcmann would do far better in a left midfield position and he proved that last night, he has pace *Beating the very fast shay logan at stages* and is much better going forward than back. Dougie as always made little contribution, his dropping from the squad would give Mcmann the chance to make that move into LM and provide some much needed crosses.

Apart from the fans, the person I feel saddest for is Killa, you could genuinely see how frustrated he feels. When 2 down i believe, he runs the length of the pitch on a solo run *Something a captain would do, ahem* and delivers a ball to the near post...however, only one player had the fight to come with the run and the ball is easily picked up.

The final straw for me last night was the final sub, still no sign of Bingham, sure he's been pretty useless, he does show flashes of a goalscorer though, should we not go down without a fight? Is Scott Martin *As good as he is* going to make a pacey run into the box or such? No...fuck sake canning.

I will stick to watching highlights on TV I think, parting ways with hard earned money to essentially a company that doesn't follow the wishes of the CONSUMERS, means I'm the idiot for doing so.
judgeflash
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives