Accies v Aberdeen

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies v Aberdeen

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 am

With relations between Club and fans at an all time low thanks to Canninggate,will be very interesting to see how many more Accies fans give this a miss.
Can't see anything other than a comfortable Away win here.
Particularly if Fulton is playing.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Re: Accies v Aberdeen

Postby Bluesy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 pm

Certainly won't be giving it a miss as we might actually do something on Wednesday. It really is time however for the club to stand Canning down as 1rst team coach. This can't go on. I don't think Canning's dad should have been in with the rest of us in the current climate but listening to the abuse I can't imagine many of us acting any differently (human nature). He was definitely the aggressor and others weren't to blame. It's not a comfortable situation for anyone. Canning isn't any good but I'm sure he's trying his best. Fulton was the main difference between the teams on Saturday. Davies needs a month to get fit before playing again in my opinion.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Agree.Canning has been woeful since the start of his tenure and has been in gradual decline ever since to a state of rancidity.
Has to go.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Bluesy wrote:Certainly won't be giving it a miss as we might actually do something on Wednesday. It really is time however for the club to stand Canning down as 1rst team coach. This can't go on. I don't think Canning's dad should have been in with the rest of us in the current climate but listening to the abuse I can't imagine many of us acting any differently (human nature). He was definitely the aggressor and others weren't to blame. It's not a comfortable situation for anyone. Canning isn't any good but I'm sure he's trying his best. Fulton was the main difference between the teams on Saturday. Davies needs a month to get fit before playing again in my opinion.

Davies needs a month to get fit? He's even more plump that the fat fan from Larkhall who's always shouting Haw. Will take more than a month.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:01 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Bluesy wrote:Certainly won't be giving it a miss as we might actually do something on Wednesday. It really is time however for the club to stand Canning down as 1rst team coach. This can't go on. I don't think Canning's dad should have been in with the rest of us in the current climate but listening to the abuse I can't imagine many of us acting any differently (human nature). He was definitely the aggressor and others weren't to blame. It's not a comfortable situation for anyone. Canning isn't any good but I'm sure he's trying his best. Fulton was the main difference between the teams on Saturday. Davies needs a month to get fit before playing again in my opinion.

Davies needs a month to get fit? He's even more plump that the fat fan from Larkhall who's always shouting Haw. Will take more than a month.

Wasn't at Perth but surely Davies can't be as big as Gary O'Connor was at Morton? How many others remember the XXXXL shorts filled to bursting point that day??

I'll be along on Wednesday, as much as having a sesson ticket to use, as expecting anything other than a home defeat. Given that I know of at least two other sesson ticket holders who are not attending, I suspect any attendance figure will be totally meaningless as to accuracy.

Actually looking forward now to next (and perhaps only) season in the Championship for some competitive games. It might then subsequently allow me to complete the "set" by seeing Accies play at Balmoor and Borough Briggs :?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:21 pm

Steven Davies is actually Vicky Pollard.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:56 pm

We have in the past been something of a bogey team for Aberdeen at NDP winning 1 - 0 and more recently? a 0 - 0 draw so I fancy us to get something. After all Canning ‘rested' the midfield on saturday as he treated the cup tie as the usual training match. I fully expect to see all the injured back for this one. Another 0 - 0 and Martins dad to win the 50/50. Aberdeen have a good west of scotland support so I expect them to outnumber us but the published figures will show a 1200 home support. I will be there but wont be at the Celtic/Hibs away games. Not wasting my money.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:27 pm

You have blatantly forgot the 3nil home win over the Sheep.
We had a proper Manager then though
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Recent-ish home games with the Dons:
3-0 Accies
1-0 Accies
1-0 Accies
2-2 & 1-1 draws
Can only remember one heavy 0-3 defeat, when appalling refereeing stopped it being five or six. Wouldn't be surprised if we scrape another draw and keep Canning safe as houses for another year or so.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:06 pm

A 16 nil defeat would keep Canning as safe as houses for another year or so.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:

A month is generous. He was huffing and puffing within the first 10 minutes. I'm hoping he gets some minutes in with the unders weekly to try and get him up to speed, same with Andreu.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Funny how other Diddy teams can sign players who are ready to hit the ground running and are not auditioning for a Mark Yardley lookalike competition.
Livingston get Greg Wylde and Chris Erskine.
We get Bubbles De Vere on a free from Blackpool.
PATHETIC!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby really? » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:29 pm

ST holder and not attending this one - just not enjoying Accies right now. I'd go if it was a Saturday.

Crazy that we play a midweek in January after doing nothing for 2 weeks and missing two beautiful Saturdays - not Accies fault that but utter madness all the same - Aberdeen would bring 2,000+ on a Saturday but probably closer to 1,000 tomorrow - the way our game is run in Scotland just baffles me.

ps - Martin, I've always thought you were a decent guy and I think now is the time to do the honourable thing and step down. You've had a good few years as manager in a top league but now is the time to go. Sorry.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:09 pm

really? wrote:ST holder and not attending this one - just not enjoying Accies right now. I'd go if it was a Saturday.

Crazy that we play a midweek in January after doing nothing for 2 weeks and missing two beautiful Saturdays - not Accies fault that but utter madness all the same - Aberdeen would bring 2,000+ on a Saturday but probably closer to 1,000 tomorrow - the way our game is run in Scotland just baffles me.

ps - Martin, I've always thought you were a decent guy and I think now is the time to do the honourable thing and step down. You've had a good few years as manager in a top league but now is the time to go. Sorry.

I'll take your ST :lol: This was my first season without buying an ST. When I went to renew they'd "assigned" my seats to the club. I questioned it and explained I'd built up a friendship with those around me and plenty of other seats within 10 feet of me were free, but no..Hamilton Academical chose to give their blameless charity my three seats. I now just PATG when I can attend and my niece and nephew no longer wish to go as they can't sit beside the kids that they know.

Anyway,
After such heavy flack, I can genuinely see Canning going for a flat 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 and try and not take a pumping.
We all have to realise, they won't sack Canning..I keep harping on about this but he's never going to go, even with relegation..he's never going to go. The Canning era is so reminiscent of the last day of BR I don't see where the boards balls have gone. They knew BR had lost the players and most importantly THE FANS, so it was time to move on.
The goalkeeper situation is quite the nightmare. Was Fulton playing with an injury? If not, that is CERTAINLY not what I expect from a touted Under21 SCOTLAND GK.
my lineup would be

Woods
Mcgowan Want Killa Ziggy
Mackinnon Martin
Miller Keatings Mcmann *Yes I think he offers more going forward on the left than Imrie*
Chunk
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby monkeybones » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:40 pm

As usual we won’t try to win this game.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:49 pm

Heading along but out of the eight folk I sit with-all bar one Season Book holders- only one other is going(none went on Saturday but all were regulars at away games B.C.)which tells us the story of Canning's reign.

Fulton and Woods have made too many cock ups for me and I wouldn't be averse to seeing Marsden get his chance.

The Clown will probably still play Imrie centre midfield and keep Scott Martin on the bench while Eddie Large may well get another shot up front;either that or he will play Bingham who they told to find a new club at the start of December.

This is actually worse than the homeless years as it is deliberate neglect by the Owners who once again have used their media pals to smear the fans although this time it has blown up in their faces.

Even if he flukes a result,he has to go as we have lost far too many fans due to Canning and a refusal to do the right thing makes them appear as vindictive as Watson was.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 pm

If only 200 home fans turn up it would send a message.

By the way, Ryan Fulton was hopeless at Chesterfield. There's such a dearth of young Scottish keepers that you don't need to be any good to get international recognition.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:If only 200 home fans turn up it would send a message.

By the way, Ryan Fulton was hopeless at Chesterfield. There's such a dearth of young Scottish keepers that you don't need to be any good to get international recognition.

I've haven't seen Fulton play much but what I have seen doesn't fill me with confidence , he was to blame for both goals on Saturday by the looks of the highlights.

If Woods is injured then I'd give Marsden the nod.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:40 pm

The late Rikki Fulton was more of a keeper than Ryan.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:12 am

I have a season ticket but I’m not going either.
The weather is awful and I don’t fancy sitting in the cold and damp hoping for a 0-0, which we’re unlikely to get.
Partly down to the current form/tactics and partly down to the SPFL putting a game on at night in January in Scotland.
Euan
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives