January Transfer Window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Brustad might as well return as he hasnt made the impact that might have been expected given his ‘european’ pedigree. His relationship with Martin appears to have ‘deteriorated' after the Aberdeen game when he was subbed in 41 minutes much to his obvious annoyance. (Note to Brustad only Mckinnon and Imrie are allowed to let rip at the manager) Since then he has been an unused sub twice, started 4 times and come on as sub 4 times and i dont think he has scored. Of course his impact may well have been lessened by our tactics rather than his abilities. I assume we have a suitable replacement lined up ;)
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Would love to see Brustad stick the nut on Canning before heading back home.
Just Saying.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Bluesy wrote:Brustad gone.

We only have Bingham now!

and Keatsey ;)
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Young striker from Sunderland with a bit about him, went on loan to Darlington and scored half a dozen goals in 4 games , I know it's a different level but looks to have more about him than what we've got.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1079158167106400257

But then again I don't suppose Jack Ross owes us any favours
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Stodmeister wrote:Young striker from Sunderland with a bit about him, went on loan to Darlington and scored half a dozen goals in 4 games , I know it's a different level but looks to have more about him than what we've got.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1079158167106400257

But then again I don't suppose Jack Ross owes us any favours

Don't get your hopes up, just seen on twitter there that we are actually linked with a Sunderland 19 year old called Lee Connelly. Lee has scored one goal all season...prolific.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Fkn usual pish.
Livingston snap up Gregg Wylde and we are linked with untried teenagers.
Going Down with the Clown Cantzo #2018/19.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby glenthedog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Lots of clubs busy already in the transfer window, yet the silence from Accies is deafening.....the word disappointing doesn't even come close. :(
glenthedog
Pub League

Postby Don van Vliet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Odd thing is, when the last transfer window closed, everyone was getting all excited about the (apparently) marvellous recruiting we had done. It seems as though we should just be content with the usual non-event because it doesn't make much difference.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:Odd thing is, when the last transfer window closed, everyone was getting all excited about the (apparently) marvellous recruiting we had done. It seems as though we should just be content with the usual non-event because it doesn't make much difference.

I think people were blinded by the multitude of signings and the tag lines of which youth setup they came from etc.
When you dig a little deeper you could see a lot of the players signed were questionable, the board did admit though that they buy in cheap and in bulk hoping to get some diamonds in the rough.

Kilgallon, Mcgowan and Gordon were great acquisitions, if HOWEVER Accies had smarts, they'd have kept Tomas/Van Der Weg as well and we'd actually have OPTIONS for a LB/RB. I think Mcgowan wants to play higher up the field, he's got potential for a winger imo, as does Mcmann *who benefits from no dougie at the side of him*

Midfield is dire, Martin is an obvious replacement for Daz, he has a cracking engine. Midfield feels VERY light. Taiwo and the english contingent are a waste of a jersey. Dougie's just not got the legs for the positions he's being played in, he'd be better as an impact sub in a forward position.

Miller has the potential to be a great player, *but was signed last season* he's on my list of "GET SIGNED TO LONG TERM CONTRACTS" I mean, if we are offering Bingham who has scored 10 goals in 64 games, that my friend is an average of one goal per 6+ games.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:00 pm

[quote
Miller has the potential to be a great player, *but was signed last season* he's on my list of "GET SIGNED TO LONG TERM CONTRACTS" I mean, if we are offering Bingham who has scored 10 goals in 64 games, that my friend is an average of one goal per 6+ games.[/quote]

Yep, the difference in energy, skill and potential with Miller is glaringly obvious, where, with a good supplier of effective passes, he could be a match winnner in any game for us.

An extension of his contract would be the least we should expect at this point, given we extended Bingham's despite his ineffectiveness on far too many occasions at that stage, and since.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Three signings were announced yesterday:Jim Lauchlan,Jim Paterson and Bobby Petta...oops forgot they were for the non Accies fans Over 35 team.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 pm

That will go nicely with the non football loving CEO of the Stadium Company.(not the Football Department)
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Still all very quiet......................sshhh!

Still plenty of time to sign up some real diamonds? :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Coventry willing to let Tony Andreu go according to Twitter...so probably St.Mirren or Livvy bound then I take it.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:52 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Coventry willing to let Tony Andreu go according to Twitter...so probably St.Mirren or Livvy bound then I take it.

Andreu suffered bad cruciate damage in 2018, remember.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Yeah I bet all at the Football Department are ripping up trees to get the usual quality January signings in place.
I hope they are not too extravagant,we don't want to show off.
Just a Louis Moult.
Or even a Mezut Ozil will do.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Triple signing more likely from a local Turkish Barbers Frank:Amir Aswell,Amir Tae and Amir Anaw.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Nice one YOH.
You forgot Amir TaeMay.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:01 pm

Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:54 pm

The silence on the Transfer front is deafening isn't it?
Nevertheless I'm sure the fans won't really bother that much and follow Calamity Cannings plea to get behind the team.
Lol.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies