Food for thought?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Food for thought?

Postby RealHoopsFan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:24 am

From the BBC website, A-Z of Scottish Football:

K is for Killie
The appointment of Steve Clarke has been one of the most inspired decisions in Scottish football in years. Bottom of the Scottish Premiership with three points from eight games when he took over in October 2017, Kilmarnock won more points than any team (74) in 2018 and are just one point off the lead in the top flight. Jaw-dropping progress. Clarke's team have played Celtic five times, winning two, drawing two and losing only once. The manager hasn't just revolutionised the team, he has changed the club from hangdog to one of the top dogs.

Meanwhile, not from the BBC website:

A is for Apocryphal, Apocalyptic, Appalling Accies
No not you Accies, you stick to the plan. From the Accies form table. 1 point secured from the last 5 games (worst in the league). 7 points secured from the last 10 games (worst in the league). 8 points secured from the last 15 games (worst in the league). There's a pattern here which if not addressed leaves us at the foot of the table come the end of the season.

I'm very much looking forward too watching Carry On Accies for the rest of the season, whilst Martin hides in the dugout!

Discuss....
RealHoopsFan
Pub League

Re: Food for thought?

Postby smc4761 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:08 pm

RealHoopsFan wrote:From the BBC website, A-Z of Scottish Football:

K is for Killie
The appointment of Steve Clarke has been one of the most inspired decisions in Scottish football in years. Bottom of the Scottish Premiership with three points from eight games when he took over in October 2017, Kilmarnock won more points than any team (74) in 2018 and are just one point off the lead in the top flight. Jaw-dropping progress. Clarke's team have played Celtic five times, winning two, drawing two and losing only once. The manager hasn't just revolutionised the team, he has changed the club from hangdog to one of the top dogs.

Meanwhile, not from the BBC website:

A is for Apocryphal, Apocalyptic, Appalling Accies
No not you Accies, you stick to the plan. From the Accies form table. 1 point secured from the last 5 games (worst in the league). 7 points secured from the last 10 games (worst in the league). 8 points secured from the last 15 games (worst in the league). There's a pattern here which if not addressed leaves us at the foot of the table come the end of the season.

I'm very much looking forward too watching Carry On Accies for the rest of the season, whilst Martin hides in the dugout!
Discuss....

Being saying this for a long time now, might be a decent guy and good servant to club, but football manager he aint. His win record is appalling, 8 points from a possible 45 must be about the worst of any senior club in Scotland and England.

I am confused by your comment though, "I'm very much looking forward to watching Carry on Accies...." Why even put yourself through the pain and torture of watching that pish. If the team were trying and getting beat or playing decent football and getting beat, not ideal obviously but you would maybe cut him a bit of slack. Fair do's for going along and watching, but for many it seems to be a case of why bother.

Biggest concern I have is many are turning their back on club and once they are gone they wont be back anytime soon. As crowds dwindle even further, I reckon we will be lucky to have a hard core of 700 home fans soon, the sponsors are going to ask questions and ultimately pull out of the club.

For where i am sitting it looks like BOD are trying to destroy the club but I have no idea why this would be the case

A change of manager does not always work, I appreciate that. But we do have the nucleus of some decent players. Just need someone who is going to bring out the best in players, just as Stevie Clarke has done
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies