It’s official , Canning here to stay

Postby adriansprott » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:10 am

Maitland in Daily Record today backing Canning all the way

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... d-13806614
adriansprott
Pub League

Re: It’s official , Canning here to stay

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:18 am

It always was. Anyone expecting anything else was just deluded. I have no idea what Ronnie’s thinking is but his puppet chairman is just mouthing the same old nonsense we have heard before.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am

Yeah seen that too.
Ah,well hope the Club is looking forward to having attendances similar to St Rochs and Larkhall Thistle.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Wonderful news
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby adriansprott » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Although I don’t generally believe that this is the best form of protest , I think I’ll give the games a miss till they sack him. Won’t affect Accies as they’ve pocketed my season ticket money , but I’m tired of watching that dross on a Saturday and realisie that shouting any protests is a waste of time . Still find it hard to believe that , in a results-driven environment , this guy is not only still in a job , but has the full backing of his bosses. Wouldn’t happen in any other business ( or normal football club I might add )
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Clearly the BOD see more in MC than we see on a Saturday. Players being forced to take the blame here, though IMO the tactics have been all over the place for more than one season.

Guy beside me (First season as a S/T holder)said on Saturday that the manager still doesn't know his best 11 half way through the season.

There needs to be a dramatic change of quality in any new signings, if there is to be any change in the performance dross we have been watching. I have my doubts that Dougie will be dropped to the subs bench, but we'll know by the end of February what improvements, if any, have been achieved.

Still think this is a money issue re. what we pay any Manager, and that we could not recruit anyone of any real calibre and experience, given the 'Ethos' of the Club.

Time will tell, after the January break is over and if any new quality signings are made.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:29 pm

It’s like a big stinky jobby stuck to your shoe.

You can never get rid of it.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:27 am

Perhaps an option is for all the Accies fans/Fans groups/Social Media to pick say an EK Thistle or Larkhall/Blantyre Vice game the same day as a home first team game and travel an masse to that game informing the media it is because they are keeping Canning as Manager.

This got us a Fans Forum before and one thing The BOD don't like is bad publicity.Like many,I am absolutely scunnered by that Statement from the new puppet in charge.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:47 am

Never quite understood the logic in going to watch another team as a form of protest.
The planned 'en masse' invasion of disgruntled Accies fans to an EK game a Season or 2 ago ( which didn't materialize) was a bit of a strange one too.
Fcuk EK.
Fcuk Albion Rovers, Airdrie and The Well.
A Canningless Accies forever.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies