The Lanarkshire Derby

Old match day threads will be moved here

The Lanarkshire Derby

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:21 am

With the well claiming most of their first team missing through injury I’m surprised they haven’t asked for a postponement. I suspect not as bad as they claim. Whatever if Kilgallon and Keatings are back then on paper this a result for Accies. However as Motherwell are struggling we will probably give them 3 points. Is this Martins last chance saloon. Nil points and is he history. And is the moon made of blue cheese.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: The Lanarkshire Derby

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:00 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:With the well claiming most of their first team missing through injury I’m surprised they haven’t asked for a postponement. I suspect not as bad as they claim. Whatever if Kilgallon and Keatings are back then on paper this a result for Accies. However as Motherwell are struggling we will probably give them 3 points. Is this Martins last chance saloon. Nil points and is he history. And is the moon made of blue cheese.

He will still be manager come st Johnstone SC game. Win Lose or draw against well it'll be another dusting down for the lads as they go into the break. The board are being very clear here. They do not give a toss about the 1st team as the big picture is the academy and the so called chief executive is only intrested in sales of hash oil.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:48 pm

I hear Well have some of their under 13 girl's team in standby just in case.
Would be well able for our lot.
3 nil to the scum.
Canning to remain in his post.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby philson91 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi Guys,

does anybody now whether Keatings, Mackinnon and Kilgallon are fit and can play tomorrow?
Unfortunately, I can not find any news about it.

Motherwell has big injury crisis
philson91
Pub League

Postby The Goalie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Surely the football gods are smiling on Accies, playing against a team with so many first team players n/a tomorrow?

Add to the fact, this same team, have a poor record on our artificial surface, not only against us but also Albion Rovers.

Surely even the most pessimistic Accies fans would expect 3 points tomorrow, even if our ultra cautious manager, plays five at the back, with two sitting midfielders.
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:23 am

philson91 wrote:
does anybody now whether Keatings, Mackinnon and Kilgallon are fit and can play tomorrow?

I’d assume they were rested for the ‘unimportant’ game against Hearts, to ensure they’re fit and raring to go against Motherwell, but I could be wrong. Nothing online.

We should beat Motherwell today given their injuries. Hopefully MC gets his tactics right.

If we do, it’s more acceptable to have rested players given that we weren’t likely going to beat Hearts anyway, but lose or even draw and it’s totally unacceptable and I’d expect a major backlash.

We should try to be competitive in every game and this damage limitation policy against bigger teams and thinking a 2-0 defeat is fine can’t continue if we genuinely want to be part of the top league.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:45 am

I don't think Kilgallon has ever played a midweek game for us. I'm assuming that he is managing an injury and will only play one game a week for us.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:34 am

I’m rather optimistic about today...as long as Bingham will be on the waltzers at the carnival and therefore nowhere near NDP...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:25 pm

I doubt Bingham would be capable of even that.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Bingham and Brustad both on the bench. I assume he sees enough goal threat in Miller and Keatings. You figure I gave up weeks ago.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:15 pm

I see Martin has got a new selection Bingo Tombola for his Xmas.

Nice one Dougie!
Where are all your detractors now?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:52 pm

Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:57 pm

What the fuck are the board waiting for?

Get rid of Canning now.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Even though Motherwell were missing half a team, they still played us off the park. The man is clueless and inspires no confidence in either team or supporters.

If he does not get punted in next few days, he is officially unsackable. God knows how many home fans will be at next game.

Will the last fan left, please switch off the lights on way out
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:19 pm

Apart from Dougies goal I don’t think we had another attempt on goal the entire 90 minutes. A disorganised clueless shambles. But heh Gogic is back so all is right with the world. Over to you Mr puppet chairman.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Nice Guy.
Should never have been appointed in the first place.
Well past the TIME TO GO
PLEASE GO NOW.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Beardy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:52 pm

i enjoyed the energy in the first half, there seemed to be a bit of desire to play the game. After we lost McMann & McGowan there was constant swapping of positions and no real structure t the play. Feel sorry for Ziggy, he plays his heart out every game and attempte to speed up the play to catch up but most of the team still waste time, faff about and what the fuck are these throw in all about. I think Bingham came on, i heard his name mentioned but cant recall seeing him.
Crows gathered at full time to chant Canning, Canning Get tae fuck ... seemed to be the only other highlight of the afternoon after Dougies goal.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Bingham gets a hard time from fans but Pele could do no better with the service Rakish gets.
Played better when he came on at Tynecastle.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Very appropriate Beardy, the “Crows” gathering to pick at the carcus of Martins management :D
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Have to say that the criticism Bingham gets is justified, ive never seen anyone challenge less for the ball than he does, he's the only man ive seen get shorter when he jumps
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives