The Security Guy

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

The Security Guy

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:08 am

What is the deal with this guy? Greg i believe his name is.

There was a couple of accies fans around me shouting to leave a man up at a corner in which the security guy turned round and told them to shut up.

The guy comes across as a complete tube, fans pay there money and can shout what they want (within reason).

From what i heard there was no abuse which makes it worse, SLO have a word with this guy because that stuff like that is not on.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Re: The Security Guy

Postby Gav » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:39 pm

You must sit near me because that is exactly what happened. No bad language just frustration from guys who have paid money to watch that awful display. Strange he seemed to keep his head down when 2000 folk were singing about joining the IRA - that must be acceptable.
Gav
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:19 pm

There's a guy who spouts a lot of nonsense too from around the touchline area.
Around 6ft 2 inches tall and wears a lovely grey jumper with an Accies badge on it.
How does he get away with it?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Swift Frank wrote:There's a guy who spouts a lot of nonsense too from around the touchline area.
Around 6ft 2 inches tall and wears a lovely grey jumper with an Accies badge on it.

SF the obsession with MC is not healthy, please seek help.

This is a completely different subject about another tool who works for accies.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Swift Frank wrote:There's a guy who spouts a lot of nonsense too from around the touchline area.

Made me chuckle. I don't know the security guy in question but in my mind's eye I'm picturing the big guy who took over Boaby's pub in Still Game.

"Shut it! Prick!"
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:02 pm

I assume the ‘security guy’ is the club safety officer? No idea who he is but a significant part of his job is to ensure fans can enjoy the football in a safe environment. That’s why I thought it odd that Ronnie genuinely seemed to be unaware off the problem of old firm fans on the home section. I would have expected the club safety officer to be aware of this and actively addressed the issue well before the fans raised it at the last forum or through the SLO. But maybe it’s easier to shout at fans than deal with serious issues.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Easiest solution is to give both Old Firm Club's the entire Stadium in future.
Thanks to Canning our support is disappearing faster than £1m from the Club's bank account.
Since Messiah Canning publicly says we don't expect to win these games it's best just to maximize the income and charge £29 a ticket x 6,000.Almost £180,000,a healthy gate receipt.
Win Win situation.
Oh, and Accies lose the games of course.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:48 am

TerracingTomas wrote:I assume the ‘security guy’ is the club safety officer? No idea who he is but a significant part of his job is to ensure fans can enjoy the football in a safe environment. That’s why I thought it odd that Ronnie genuinely seemed to be unaware off the problem of old firm fans on the home section. I would have expected the club safety officer to be aware of this and actively addressed the issue well before the fans raised it at the last forum or through the SLO. But maybe it’s easier to shout at fans than deal with serious issues.

I agree Terracing Tomas, i hope the SLO or someone at the club has a word with him.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Official complaint made, silence from the club and the SLO, Surprised? No.

Can someone remind me what his job is again? :D

I understand we have more important matters to discuss just now, but the guy really wound me up.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm

That's strange
The Club are normally so transparent and efficient..
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm

POL, I assume the individual who you have complained about is the Club’s Safety Officer or his Deputy. Each club has to have these positions. responsibilites are as follows:-

The safety officer responsibilities include:
 Liaison with supporters and supporters clubs as required
 Liaison with police, stewarding contractor, fire service, ambulance and first aid providers and council representatives regarding match and event arrangements
 Ensuring match officials are fully briefed on safety procedures practised within the stadium
 Contact with the officials of other clubs in relation to travelling supporters going to matches and visiting supporters attending the stadium
 Overseeing and coordinating the operations within the stadium on match days to ensure the smooth operation of the event
 Conducting pre-event inspection of the stadium to allow the signing off of an event checklist to be presented to the Police Event commander; ensuring that any concerns identified are highlighted for remedial action prior to the event
 Attending the home pre-match meetings with police and stewarding contractor. Where necessary attend the pre match meeting for away matches where there is a likelihood of a problem with supporters
 Monitoring stewarding levels on a match day to ensure that adequate stewards are in place and their tasks and duties carried out correctly. Also to review and modify stewarding schedules as necessary
 Close consultation with police to exchange information on problematic supporters and those who breach the ground rules which could lead to individuals being banned from the stadium in line with the information sharing protocol in place. Tackling anti-social behaviour, such as excessive foul language, racial, religious or other such abuse should be treated with a high priority
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Wow,
I wish Martin put as much effort in preparation for matches as the above.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Official complaint made, silence from the club and the SLO, Surprised? No.

Can someone remind me what his job is again? :D

I understand we have more important matters to discuss just now, but the guy really wound me up.

I don’t read every post on this forum so this was missed I have been extremely busy in my own job so hands up on that one, I will link in with the club tomorrow on this and find out where we are if a complaint has been made.

I am aware of a large number of issues ongoing at present and it’s my intention to put time aside over the weekend to collate this and organise to let with the relevant stakeholders at the earliest opportunity to raise / resolve what I can.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:05 am

What issues are you aware of Sean. Do you mean in relation to the way the team are playing, feelings about the management team and dwindling crowds. Or is it more to do with security guy, ticket allocations, when old firm attend
smc4761
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:42 pm

This guy walking up and down like a big man again today... stay in the dugout where you belong buzz lightyear.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Maybe the Security guy and Canning should job swap?
I'm sure the Security guy has every bit as good credentials as Martin Guardiola.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies