Accies v Celtic

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies v Celtic

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:49 pm

I see from the ticketing arrangments for this game that:-

To purchase a ticket fans must either be a season ticket holder or be able to present their receipt stub from the last home game v Livingston on 3rd November 2018.

This is the same arrangement for the Rangers game but as far as I can see this is the first mention of a requirment for fans to keep their receipt stub from the Livvie game. No mention was made of this before the Livvie game. Maybe this wont affect home fans as many may have assumed this was going to happen and for season ticket holders its not an issue. Anyway if stewards are going to let old firm fans in at at the home end provided they hide their colours as they did for the Rangers game then it doesnt matter a hoot. Ronnie true to his word at the fans forum took action to try and stop old firm fans getting access to the home end but when free tickets/season tickets are handed out at the front of the stand and stewards assist old firm fans with these freebies getting in it totally undermines what Ronnie has tried to do. SLO I hope stewards have been advised acordingly?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Celtic

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Any team with a bit about them has a chance of taking a point from Celtic on their own patch as Livi proved just before the International break.

4-0 Celtic.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:36 am

TerracingTomas wrote:I see from the ticketing arrangments for this game that:-

To purchase a ticket fans must either be a season ticket holder or be able to present their receipt stub from the last home game v Livingston on 3rd November 2018.

This is the same arrangement for the Rangers game but as far as I can see this is the first mention of a requirment for fans to keep their receipt stub from the Livvie game. No mention was made of this before the Livvie game. Maybe this wont affect home fans as many may have assumed this was going to happen and for season ticket holders its not an issue. Anyway if stewards are going to let old firm fans in at at the home end provided they hide their colours as they did for the Rangers game then it doesnt matter a hoot. Ronnie true to his word at the fans forum took action to try and stop old firm fans getting access to the home end but when free tickets/season tickets are handed out at the front of the stand and stewards assist old firm fans with these freebies getting in it totally undermines what Ronnie has tried to do. SLO I hope stewards have been advised acordingly?

I am sure the SLO said on twitter at the time of the Rangers home game that we would not see a repeat.

Although i understand it is totally out of his control, i hope he sticks to his word.
Last edited by PrideOfLanarkshire on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Longer the game stays 0-0 the better because if we lose an early goal it’ll turn into a training session for Celtic keeping their players fresh for europa league and cup final the following week.

And Martin will no doubt take a 1-0 defeat and that keeps the goal difference down.

Might also keep our players fresh for a huge 2 games after this.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Longer the game stays 0-0 the better because if we lose an early goal it’ll turn into a training session for Celtic keeping their players fresh for europa league and cup final the following week.

And Martin will no doubt take a 1-0 defeat and that keeps the goal difference down.

I think most of us would probably be quietly pleased if we come away from this fixture with a 0-1 defeat, no injuries and no suspensions.

Would we "take it"? No, I don't think so. We all expect to lose this, and just don't want to get gubbed. But you never know. There's always the possibility of an upset. It's worth the risk of losing by three or four to play for the possibility of nicking it by a goal. And even a draw would be a result worthy of a celebration like swinging on the roof of the dugout. ;)

Unexpectedly, I can't make it, and won't even see it on the telly, as I'll be driving many miles away. For those who believe in omens, this could be A Good Thing: I've missed both our wins over Celtic in my lifetime.

No magic formula here. Play our best XI, if fully fit. Usual back four, four or five in midfield, and pick as many experienced players as are available. Keep things tight for as long as possible, and hope for something on the break. Nullify as many of their threats as we can. Try to play the very best we are capable of, and hope they have on off-day, or their minds are elsewhere. Ride our luck, and hope for the best.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Longer the game stays 0-0 the better because if we lose an early goal it’ll turn into a training session for Celtic keeping their players fresh for europa league and cup final the following week.

Longer the game stays 0-0 the better
Very true.
I'll say about 7 mins.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby smc4761 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:

I think most of us would probably be quietly pleased if we come away from this fixture with a 0-1 defeat, no injuries and no suspensions.

Would we "take it"? No, I don't think so. We all expect to lose this, and just don't want to get gubbed. But you never know. There's always the possibility of an upset. It's worth the risk of losing by three or four to play for the possibility of nicking it by a goal. And even a draw would be a result worthy of a celebration like swinging on the roof of the dugout. ;)

Unexpectedly, I can't make it, and won't even see it on the telly, as I'll be driving many miles away. For those who believe in omens, this could be A Good Thing: I've missed both our wins over Celtic in my lifetime.

No magic formula here. Play our best XI, if fully fit. Usual back four, four or five in midfield, and pick as many experienced players as are available. Keep things tight for as long as possible, and hope for something on the break. Nullify as many of their threats as we can. Try to play the very best we are capable of, and hope they have on off-day, or their minds are elsewhere. Ride our luck, and hope for the best.

Willie I love your optimism, but I have no idea what this can be based on. 6 wins and 2 draws in last 30 league games, most of which have been against teams who were either relegated or have just come up

I agree Celtic may have 1 eye on Europe game and the final but they simply will over run us if they want. Think Martins mindset will be lets keep score down and not get gubbed. This is what the players will be told so we are beaten before we even run onto pitch.

Fair enough dont think many will give us a hope in hell with this game or Hibs game. BUT if fans are paying good money to see team they should at least expect the team to put in the effort and give it their best shot, something which has been sadly lacking this season
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Dunno why you think I'm optimistic. I expect us to lose. Was that not clear?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:34 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:I see from the ticketing arrangments for this game that:-

I am sure the SLO said on twitter at the time of the Rangers home game that we would not see a repeat.

Although i understand it is totally out of his control, i hope he sticks to his word.

I’ve put all of my concerns to the club and will continue to do so in the coming days.

The stewards should in their remit be refusing away fans entry to the home where colours are visible to them and that should be for all of them.

I have highlighted an avenue I believed how some tickets were getting to away fans and the club and I will monitor this.

I hopeful we won’t see a repeat of the aforementioned Rangers game.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 pm

Thanks Sean. I fully appreciate there is only so much you can do. Down to the Chief Executive :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:31 am

Think Martin's master plan for Saturday is to stick Alex Penny on James Forrest.
That'll be funny.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:02 pm

Forrest must be due a poor game, surely? Or maybe he’ll be rested?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:30 pm

I can kind of see the sense in Rodgers resting Forrest but only to the bench.
There could be no better impact substitute on the planet right now,if needed..
Meanwhile let's talk about the real Hoops.
I'd settle for a non embarrassing narrow defeat.
Negative I know but our goal difference is pathetic and the last thing we need is another battering.
Could be vital come May.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Has someone hijacked our Team Mascot's account? Sensible post shocker!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Swift Frank wrote:I can kind of see the sense in Rodgers resting Forrest but only to the bench.
There could be no better impact substitute on the planet right now,if needed..
Meanwhile let's talk about the real Hoops.
I'd settle for a non embarrassing narrow defeat.
Negative I know but our goal difference is pathetic and the last thing we need is another battering.
Could be vital come May.

Willie Wastle wrote:Has someone hijacked our Team Mascot's account? Sensible post shocker!

You know, I had EXACTLY the same thought when I read SF's post :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very pleased that the angry pills have been flushed out his/her system.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:19 am

I’m not confident going into this fixture but Celtic haven’t yet won on plastic this season
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:10 am

4 - 0 to Celtic. Anythingless to be considered a pyrrhic victory for Accies.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Celtic playing full strength team...check

Canning playing 'past it two years ago Imrie'...check

Aforementioned Imrie as captain...check

A lazy striker up front who can't hold the ball up...check

Games against top six don't matter...

Debating whether to bother...check

Ach well,one of these days Canninzio will surprise us.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Today wont be that day.
Gav
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:20 pm

Rob MacLean on BBC Sportsound___"
Hamilton look like they are in a different league compared to Celtic....."
Lol, don't worry Rob,we will be come May!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Next

Return to Match Day Archives