Aberdeen .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Aberdeen .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:30 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
Swift Frank wrote:Selection Bingo at it's finest.
Clueless management at the norm.

Once again, code for "I don't agree with the selection". One forced change plus one other.

It's code for Canning is a Donkey
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Alty accie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:40 pm

Normal service is resumed.
CANNING OUT before it is too late. :roll: :roll:
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:50 pm

Imrie red carded in injury time after a second yellow :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Imrie red carded in injury time after a second yellow :oops:

So the suspension list for Saturday is MacKinnon, Boyd and Imrie.

We could do without these self-inflicted wounds.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:09 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Imrie red carded in injury time after a second yellow :oops:

So the suspension list for Saturday is MacKinnon, Boyd and Imrie.

We could do without these self-inflicted wounds.

Boyd is free to play on Saturday sadly.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:12 pm

Alty accie wrote:Normal service is resumed.
CANNING OUT before it is too late. :roll: :roll:

It's far ,far too late.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:38 pm

Another complete non-performance from the team and manager. We just didn't look interested and to be honest if Aberdeen had wanted to they could have scored plenty more than they did. Cant be bothered going through the team to pick folk out, its the same performances week in week out, with Imrie compounding another mess by getting himself sent off for no good reason in the last move of the game. In the centre circle. Captain cretin.
As for the manager, I don't understand what he was doing with his subs. Brustad off and Keatings on a couple of minutes before half time? Martin off and Penney on when we're 3 down? Bringing Lewis Smith on for a poisoned chalice of an appearance when the games gone and we're not going to create any chances. He probably touched the ball twice - nice way to give him a bit of confidence.

As a for instance to show how absolutely dreadful we were, the first goal came from a corner when we had our whole team in the box yet somehow failed to pick Shinnie up and no-one was within 2 yards of him when he shot and scored. It was unforgiveable but not surprising. If anyone wants to defend Canning, please go ahead, but his managerial skills are completely lacking and any positives he brings are the Emperors new clothes as far as I am concerned. I genuinely think Danny Cunning could coach a team to equal if not better effect. And don't give me any rubbish that plenty of teams will get beat 3-0 by Aberdeen - we were awful tonight and our ineptitude at times was embarrassing. We had less than 50 supporters there and who can blame anyone for not going? We knew we were getting beat before the game, we played like it, didn't seem too concerned about it and sure enough, we got beat far far too easily. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

I wish Brustad had punched Canning when he got subbed instead of just shouting at him. A guy who played in this seasons Champions League qualifiers taken off before half-time for us, leaving Bingham on to wander about to absolutely no effect whatsoever. I could greet !!!!
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:48 pm

I could easily slate Mr Canning right now but the threat of expulsion hangs over me
Fuck it.
CANNING OUT NOW.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:53 pm

Swift Frank wrote:I could easily slate Mr Canning right now but the threat of expulsion hangs over me
Fuck it.
CANNING OUT NOW.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, you've certainly got balls, SF. You'll be back in some other guise, for sure!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:56 pm

Yep.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:59 pm

Frank, as I have stated before I don't agree with your method of posting repeated inanities and wish you would pick another way to complain about the manager - it is so easy just to use facts to show he is a complete liability (a depressingly poor win ratio for instance) - but I do agree with your general sentiment !!
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:04 am

Would genuinely love to be on here oozing positivity.
Unfortunately until Canning is relieved of his duties I find it very hard to put a sock in it.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:44 am

Just watched the highlights, so can’t comment on the whole performance..

Imrie’s sending off was the most pointless I’ve ever seen, two late yellows in their half with the ball going nowhere and already 3-0 down.
Another howler from Woods, who currently inspires no confidence and should be rested.

Disappointing, but since the days of McCarthy we’ve not performed at Pittodrie so nothing new.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Auld yin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Rest Woods and replace with who ?
Two decent saves after the mistake shows decent mental strength, only made one mistake last season that directly caused a goal and two this season but this is a team game and no one closed down or tackled the players scoring the goals. Daz not playing for me was the main reason all three goals were scored, no bite in midfield and ZIggys non tackle for the second goal looked like he was just admiring the player, Devlin being allowed to carry the ball as far as he did was criminal by our midfield. The reason maybe that the game had already gone. At the end of the day staying in this league is looked on by the board as a successful season, yes it would be great to challenge for a cup every now and then and be the top of the bottom six going into the split not needing points to stay up but that's not what we do. We can all moan as that is what all football fans do about the players, the manager, the board, the stadium, the pitch etc but week in week out most still go back to support their teams and we are no different.
Auld yin
Pub League

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives