UEFA Solidarity payments

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

UEFA Solidarity payments

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:32 pm

From the BBC website today:

Nine Scottish Premiership clubs will receive more than £370,000 each in Uefa solidarity payments on the back of Celtic reaching the Champions League group stage last season.

Ross County and Partick Thistle, relegated from the top flight last term, will also receive their share.

But promoted Livingston and St Mirren do not receive a payment.

Celtic themselves received £28.7m (36.5m euros) for reaching the group stage, according to Uefa figures.

It is the second successive year Scotland's other Premiership clubs will receive more than £4m between them.

The total is more than double the £1.8m clubs received in 2016.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: UEFA Solidarity payments

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:47 pm

I guess that means next year's payment will go down, since Celtic didn't qualify for the CL group stages this season, but that even if we should go down, we'd still get a share.

It all helps.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:27 pm

I take it Accies finances are now back on track after the fraud and stringent checks in place.
I also presume there is no chance of compen from RBS as it's all gone quiet on the subject.
At least the Solidarity Payments have gone a long way to redressing the amount "phised up against the wall".
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:35 pm

I'm not sure we're even due this. Did we not tap it off Celtic in advance when the fraud happened?
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:I'm not sure we're even due this. Did we not tap it off Celtic in advance when the fraud happened?

Source?

I've never heard of this, and it doesn't sound right. Does the UEFA money go to Celtic who then pass it on? I wouldn't have thought so, and if not, why should Celtic lend us it?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 pm

Sounds the kind of rumour that people would love to believe but which in fact is, more than likely, nonsense.
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:16 am

Did we not get an advance on this off the SFA (rather than Celtic) around the time of the fraud, to avoid any cashflow issues?
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 am

Todd_is_God wrote:Did we not get an advance on this off the SFA (rather than Celtic) around the time of the fraud, to avoid any cashflow issues?

That would make more sense. All of it?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:50 am

Forget the fraud.
Just think of all the cash we could have saved if we'd adopted an anti Euro Pish transfer policy over the years.
Could have paid for another empty stand.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:39 am

There was no advance from anyone. The scam took place over the 9/10 October 2017. The club went public with it on the 13th october and the directors put in sufficient funds (i.e Ronnie) to cover running costs over and above the 180k that was returned to the clubs’ account not having made it to china. At the end of that october the club then received their UEFA money (300k+) from the football authorities as has just happened and at the beginning of janaury 2018 we sold Docherty to rangers and got, as Ronnie told us at the last fans forum, half up front (300k). Since then the club has entered into some sort of loan agreement with the AIB with whom the stadium mortgage is with (Dont know if its a loan or just a credit line secured against the stadium) and received the 2017 - 18 season SPFL prize money. On top of that we have had a small fee for devlin and the tribunal money for ferguson which had to be paid within 2 weeks of the decision. Now we have another lot of uefa money. We went ahead with the new pitch and Johan Cruyff mini pitch and we saved a fortune on that by adpating the small training pitch instead of building a completely new facility out the front of the main stand. My guess is the club is sitting pretty comfortable at the moment and Ronnie has probably got his money back.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:41 am

TerracingTomas wrote:There was no advance from anyone. The scam took place over the 9/10 October 2017. The club went public with it on the 13th october and the directors put in sufficient funds (i.e Ronnie) to cover running costs over and above the 180k that was returned to the clubs’ account not having made it to china. At the end of that october the club then received their UEFA money (300k+) from the football authorities as has just happened and at the beginning of janaury 2018 we sold Docherty to rangers and got, as Ronnie told us at the last fans forum, half up front (300k). Since then the club has entered into some sort of loan agreement with the AIB with whom the stadium mortgage is with (Dont know if its a loan or just a credit line secured against the stadium) and received the 2017 - 18 season SPFL prize money. On top of that we have had a small fee for devlin and the tribunal money for ferguson which had to be paid within 2 weeks of the decision. Now we have another lot of uefa money. We went ahead with the new pitch and Johan Cruyff mini pitch and we saved a fortune on that by adpating the small training pitch instead of building a completely new facility out the front of the main stand. My guess is the club is sitting pretty comfortable at the moment and Ronnie has probably got his money back.

This will never catch on here on AcciesWorld.

Using facts, figures and evidence to explain things? Whatever next!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:48 am

This will never catch on here on AcciesWorld.

Using facts, figures and evidence to explain things? Whatever next!

More fake news probably ;)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:48 pm

Yeah it's the equivalent of "Accies in hold a lead shocker"
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies