How Hard Can It Be?????

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: How Hard Can It Be?????

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:39 pm

I find it sad to see on here and on Twitter the campaign to get rid of an old guy doing his best.

Nothing sad about it. All he has to do is become a more professional and you wouldn't here a word about him. The incident surrounding Tshiembe’s name sums him up. Having made a mess of it, I think intentionally 5 minutes later when he read the teams out again he got it perfect so he can do it if he wanted to. Shape up or ship out IMO and replace him with a professional like Marcus Nash. But then the current announcer is a pal of McGowans so must be a good guy ;) ;)
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:10 pm

porcupine wrote:hOW HARD CAN IT BE, ADMIN, to remove Amoutahere/SwiftFrank (again), until he re-invents himself with yet another name but spouting the same old stuff?

Same right to spout the same old stuff as you porcupine you bore.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Swift Frank wrote:
porcupine wrote:hOW HARD CAN IT BE, ADMIN, to remove Amoutahere/SwiftFrank (again), until he re-invents himself with yet another name but spouting the same old stuff?

Same right to spout the same old stuff as you porcupine you bore.

People would be more tolerant of you if you were less personal/insulting, and less repetitive.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Ok I'll take that on board boss.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:27 pm

Swift Frank wrote:Ok I'll take that on board boss.

And less sarcastic.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Well there you go. Our announcer faultlessly read out both teams tonight twice including the Norwegian officials. Some tongue twisters amongst the Fc Basel team. not a joke out of him. I don’t know whether the presence of a UEFA observer had anything to do with it but if he can do this for a youth game anything less for first team fixtures is unacceptable.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Agreed. Announcer did fine tonight. Perhaps someone has had a word in his ear? Hopefully, by the Livvy game, he maintains that professional approach, cuts out the wisecracks, and gets the players names correct.

Credit where credit due, for tonight at least.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:21 am

porcupine wrote:Agreed. Announcer did fine tonight. Perhaps someone has had a word in his ear? Hopefully, by the Livvy game, he maintains that professional approach, cuts out the wisecracks, and gets the players names correct.

Credit where credit due, for tonight at least.

I agree, long may it continue.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 am

So is the lesson here that even when you think someone's performance is woeful, a wee but of support can go a long way, and a big performance improvement can be achieved?

;)
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 am

No the lesson is shape up or ship out and Martin has had plenty of time to shape up :twisted:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Well that was a turn up for the books.Do u think they have actually listened to the fans or is our regular announcer away on a media course !
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:49 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Well that was a turn up for the books.Do u think they have actually listened to the fans or is our regular announcer away on a media course !

I go for option a. :lol:
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:22 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Well that was a turn up for the books.Do u think they have actually listened to the fans or is our regular announcer away on a media course !

You asked, I liaised, the club listened and we actioned, Time will tell whether Marcus can combine his media duties and working the PA if any further updates happen I shall inform.

I thought he done well today great music selection, clear and concise over tannoy.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Well done. He kept it simple and professional but I note the caveat re combining media duties and appreciate it may prove difficult.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:32 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:

You asked, I liaised, the club listened and we actioned, Time will tell whether Marcus can combine his media duties and working the PA if any further updates happen I shall inform.

I thought he done well today great music selection, clear and concise over tannoy.

Well done, Sean. Well done, Marcus. And well done to the club for taking notice of fans' opinions.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Well done Sean
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
AcciesFCSLO wrote:

Well done, Sean. Well done, Marcus. And well done to the club for taking notice of fans' opinions.

Couldn't agree more. Many positive comments from all those around us about the HUGE difference with a professional approach to this role.
Thanks Sean. for achieving a very positive result, and to Marcus for a great debut today.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 pm

This guy, James Shields, has been appointed our new match day announcer. First game Celtic at home. Looks positive.

http://www.shieldsentertainment.co.uk/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:44 am

TerracingTomas wrote:This guy, James Shields, has been appointed our new match day announcer. First game Celtic at home. Looks positive.

The club are doing everything right off the park from the media guys (Marcus in particular, he is a class act) and now this, massive credit is due they are listening to the fans and putting these things in place professionally.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:35 am

TerracingTomas wrote:This guy, James Shields, has been appointed our new match day announcer. First game Celtic at home. Looks positive.

Very hopeful that the issue I initially raised has now been dealt with in a fully professional maner by the Club. Presumably a paid appointment rather than a volunteer, (though we don't know what the last guy received for his amateurish attempts). Probably worth the saving in litigation costs!

Celtic game will confirm that problem now solved.
porcupine
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies