Hibs Away

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Hibs Away

Postby aldoaccie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:48 am

My 12 year old, season ticket holder, daughter who’s whole life is Accies, wanted to leave Easter road early yesterday. We did. At 4-0.

She now wants a season ticket for Blantir Vics.

We always knew that we would get pumped by Hibs, but our performance wasn’t of a standard befitting a so called ‘top flight’ club.

I’ve always supported the team and management but no longer. Something needs to change or, after this season, we’ll be stuck in the seaside leagues for years to come.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:18 am

Couldn't be summed up better.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Watched the highlights. Sore watch.

Want looked to be at fault for at least two of the goals. I wonder if he needs rested before his confidence is ruined? Woods didn't cover himself with glory, but the main problem seemed to be our defenders (and midfielders) standing off the Hibs players coming forward. We gave them far too much space and got punished. Kilgallon made a brave stop on the line, which deserves great credit - not many others would have done that when Hibs were already out of sight - and his OG was unlucky.

Bingham's missed chance came early, and the highlights didn't show him having any other chance remotely as good. When chances are so rare, you have to take them, and most of us doubt his ability to do so, most weeks. I'd have fancied any of Brustad, Boyd, even Dougie, or (if he'd been playing) Miller, to stick that away. I've defended Bingham against his sternest critics, but he's had plenty of time, and he seems to me to be just not quite sharp enough.

St Johnstone going down by the same scoreline at home didn't make our result look any better, but at least it means others are still in the mix with us in the bottom six. If only we hadn't lost to them, we'd be above them! We need to win more of these dogfights when they come around, and do better at damage limitation meantime.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:19 pm

Bingham couldn't finish a fish supper.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bluesy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Swift Frank wrote:Bingham couldn't finish a fish supper.

Or even a small single fish!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Swift Frank wrote:Bingham couldn't finish a fish supper.

I know it's harder to fit into one-liner posts, but not everything in football is back-and-white.

Bingham was a star in the corresponding fixture at Easter Road last year.

I suspect when everyone's fit he'll be nowhere near the first team now.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives