TIME TO GO

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

TIME TO GO

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Not even half time and the Clowns XI are 3 nil down.
TIME TO GO CANNING.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Re: TIME TO GO

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:57 pm

6-0. Humiliation. Utterly shameful. Most fans will never protest to remove a manager but we will stay away from games until things get better.
Just watch crowds slump now.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:18 pm

If ever there was a time for the Board to put us out of our misery it’s after a result like that. Sadly it won’t happen. I’m not even sure a repeat performance by Rangers in 2 weeks time would force their hand. :?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby really? » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Hibs weren't even that good.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Meanwhile Livi 7 unbeaten,Time to take a cabbage to the game it worked for Aston Villa fans
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Im_Rodger98 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Canning must go now.
Im_Rodger98
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Canning is a decent bloke has served the club well.

Martin do yourself a favour and walk away before its too late
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:17 pm

At a time when the youth team are bringing Pride back to the club,we can always rely on the first team and Clueless Canning to bring us all back down to earth with a bang.
No well organised SPL team should ever lose by six goals and for a side with a defender as a Manager,we have been a shambles in defence for all of his tenure.

The guy should never have been given the job after losing 5-0 at Firhill and it is soul destroying seeing the enthusiasm sucked out of the club.

Only a change in Manager will sadly bring fans back as the last few seasons have shown that many have chucked it because of Canning;even diehards have not renewed Season Books and most fans don't even bother with away games now.

A change will instantly bring a sizeable number back to the fold;the alternative is a drip,drip,drip loss of fans and once folk get out of the habit of going to games,it is hard to get them back.

We know this better than most clubs after the shambles of the homeless years and then losing the fans once we were back in Hamilton due to that terrible team.To continue this decay is inexcusable.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 pm

15 days to get a replacement and to get the new manager to get to know the players and get them drilled into a system that works.

If he’s still there for the sevco game then nothing will get rid of him.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Don't take any pleasure from anyone losing their job, particularly Canning.
An undoubtedly good servant to the Club.
But nothing lasts forever and it's unfortunately time to go.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:07 pm

This is a business the BOM are running at Accies, whether they consider it to be their hobby, or not. Nice guy that he might be, Martin Canning has proved well beyond reasonable doubt, that he is tactically inept to react quickly enough in developing situations on the pitch. The signings also are in most cases suspect, although good man management might get far more out of the squad than he can produce.

The guy must know he is way out of his depth, but with his track record, will also know he is unemployable as a manager anywhere else at this level. He'll hang on until sacked, as we all would, if we know that a regular salary is coming in, despite our incompetence being on display to our bosses.

The Club need a fresh external management team, like NOW, to try and save our season, and our fan base. I just can't believe that the Chairman and board do not have the bottle to do the obvious. Good Servant Loyalty has long passed it sensible time scale for the management team we have had for four years.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:50 pm

I just can't believe that the Chairman and board do not have the bottle to do the obvious.

I dont think there is a lack of bottle Porcupine rather it smacks of arrogance. The Chair and Board think they know better and will point as do Martin’s supporters to the keeping us in the league argument. But we have an all new squad and surely they can see its not working. I had thought we had sorted out the defence but then we go and lose 6 goals never mind the midfield. I hate to say this but only a series of heavy defeats will force action.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:58 pm

porcupine wrote:Martin Canning has proved well beyond reasonable doubt, that he is tactically inept to react quickly enough in developing situations on the pitch

It wasn't that he didn't react quickly enough, he just didn't react at all to the threat Hibs were posing down our left, their right, flank, even before they scored their first. David Gray looked to have perfected some form of cloaking device as he was there on the overlap so often it looked like our players and management just couldn't see him. This happened repeatedly and was right in front of us, so close that it was obvious things were going to go badly. It seems the fans saw what anyone in an Accies strip, tracksuit, or nice wee jumper couldn't, or wasn't able to decide that it might be worthwhile doing something about it.

Some Hibs supporting friends of mine couldn't believe how bad we were, having worried about this one based on some of our previous performances against them, and they were laughing about our disorganisation and ineptitude, which is hard to take, particularly as they were right. Martins stated need to apologise to the fans is irrelevant, he could and should walk away as he is clearly out of his depth. But I'm starting to sound like a broken record, so I'll just leave it here.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Tumbleweed.. wrote:
porcupine wrote:Martin Canning has proved well beyond reasonable doubt, that he is tactically inept to react quickly enough in developing situations on the pitch

It wasn't that he didn't react quickly enough, he just didn't react at all to the threat.

I first admit to being another long time ST holder who made the decision not to travel yeseterday so my comments are not just for one game.

I meant that, game after game, the manager has a congenital difficulty in re-acting to adverse developing situations that are within his control, far less being pro-active, (which any management guru will tell you is fundamental in good managment).

Let's face it, we have only stayed up by the skin of our teeth, and the luck of the devil in other teams around us being even worse than we were.
A discussion yesterday with other Accies supporters came to the conclusion that life in the lower divisons would be far, far more enjoyable than watching the result of each week's 'training & tractics?' being demonstrated for us during 90 minutes on a Saturday.

Is MC not on a rolling contract anyway?? Time it was rolled up :oops: :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:01 pm

We now have the 3rd longest serving manager in Scotland, it will be 4 years in January if he makes it through till then. During that time has he improved the quality of the team on the park or the football. Think that is a resounding NO. His win ration is appalling, the worst of any manager in Scotland and Englands top divisions, I would think. To those of you who go week in week out I applaud you. I know we should be supporting the team through good and bad, but to throw money away watching that shambles, sorry I have better things to spend my hard earned cash on.

Its not as if he even learns from his mistakes, how many times last season did we lose goals to set pieces etc

We have good players coming through at younger level, look at under 17 last season and we are in Europe with under 19 so the model to a large extent does work

Is the manager simply not getting the best out of the players, does he not inspire them, are his tactics all over the place. Think we know the answer to that

Much as I hate to say it, the board are running a business. perhaps the only way they will notice is fans vote with their feet. Our next 3 games Rangers, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen, heavy defeats in each game, 5-0, may prompt the board to do something. I do however have my doubts

Are the fans just supposed to sit quietly by, while the team sinks into oblivion
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Yes
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:17 pm

I don't wish to ever return to the lower divisions as a decent Manager could reinvigorate the support and for any chance of ever growing a support,we need to be in the top division-however hard it is.

We are now expected to lose the next three games heavily although we have a habit of pulling out a rabbit when unexpected,so that is not a given and it wouldn't surprise me if we win one of these three games,but with our terrible midfield I doubt it.Incidentally,Adam Phillips(sent back to Norwich)and Jenkins look better than what we have in midfield at the moment.

Now is the time for change as a new Manager could use the International break and the three games after to work out his team and strategy for the games ahead.That St.Johnstone result has put that possibility even further away though I fear as The BOD will see that as what happens every so often for "diddy clubs".

Sadly,it may get much worse but the real problem here is that Canning has lost the fans and any decent club would be worried by this and rectify this to get the fans back on track.This Manager has scunnered so many that this will never happen even if results improve.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:50 pm

He has survived Annangate (twice),8-1 Celtic,5-0 Partick,and that Dross yesterday amongst others so anything less than committing manslaughter and his job will be safe for another rolling year.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies