Tickets. Or not.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Tickets. Or not.

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 am

I see Hibs have now announced that they will be selling tickets 'at the gate' tomorrow, despite initially stating that travelling fans had to buy tickets at NDP beforehand. As this happens on and off - Hibs previously and Livingston recently coming to mind - it really annoys me that clubs are making fans wishing to attend away games jump through unnecessary and imaginary hoops just to make sure they can actually attend.

Now I live some distance from Hamilton, making arrangements to get a ticket and travelling through to pick it up before attending away games is a complete pain and, in the case of both of the above clubs, means I have to travel by the areas where they are located to get a ticket to attend a game which is much closer to home than NDP !! It makes no sense given our very small travelling band of diehards which seldom varies in number to any great extent, and certainly makes me think twice about putting the effort in to make sure I can attend.

I appreciate that each club is responsible for making arrangements for away fans, but surely this can be addressed between clubs before putting out that it is effectively 'all-ticket' then changing their mind 24-48 hrs before the game. I can't think why this is necessary - its not as if we are suddenly getting an unexpected 1000 away supporters - and it does my box in.

Its clear that Scottish football in general don't give a monkeys about fans and I appreciate we are 'only' Accies, but surely its not too much to ask for fan-friendly arrangements to be considered and/or implemented before our games. Then again, it clearly is...…………………. :evil:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Re: Tickets. Or not.

Postby porcupine » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Sound post, here, and what action can the FSLO raise with our BOM. There are only 11 other SPL clubs, FFS, it's not than logisticallly impossible to sort out!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:51 pm

If I was cynical I would say there is a pattern emerging here of pissing off an already small support deliberately by the actions of other SPL clubs.

They Livingston fannies lost out on what would have been a decent away support for us by their antics and disgraceful pricing.All the more reason for the team on the park to get it up everyone of them-Canning or no Canning.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:51 pm

It’s embarrassing.

Tune into sportscene highlights or the live game on bt or sky and the visible empty seats at the alleged sell out grounds at the greatest fans in the world at parkhead and ibrox is laughable.

But you need a ticket.

Cash gate £10 and get the stadiums full
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:29 pm

It's inconsistent and frustrating for travelling fans. The first rule of selling anything is "make it easy for the customer to buy", so is this just incompetence? Or is it that many clubs don't really want away fans at games any more?

Big Wurzil wrote:Cash gate £10 and get the stadiums full

Sadly, this is a myth. Wonderful though it would be to fill the stadiums, many people just don't want to go at any price. Accies alone have a lot of evidence for this - no matter how low we set the price, people still don't turn up.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Free finger buffet and prosecco and watch the GROUND FULL signs go up around the country.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:43 pm

Swift Frank wrote:Free finger buffet and prosecco and watch the GROUND FULL signs go up around the country.

I think we've actually tried even that...
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Okay Chateau Neuve du Pomp 2002
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies