Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:20 pm

It was good to hear Martin Canning in his post-match interview stress that the players can't relax going into the next one, that they need to approach it with the same intensity.

I'd like to see the same XI, in the same formation, and if we can show that desire, and get the first goal, we should win comfortably.

There's never been a better time to play Dundee, who seem to be at a very low ebb. A real chance to get three points and maybe even rack up the goal difference - let's not blow it.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:00 am

As long as McCann is still in the hotseat by 3pm next Saturday ( which I doubt),we should be 9 points above them by 4.45pm.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:45 am

Swift Frank wrote:As long as McCann is still in the hotseat by 3pm next Saturday ( which I doubt),we should be 9 points above them by 4.45pm.

If McCann's still their manager this evening, he'll still be their manager on Saturday. I suspect he will. Although if we beat them heavily, I can't see him lasting any longer.

Either way, it shouldn't matter. What new manager could come in and turn that team around in 5 days or less?

Could Kenny Miller manage his second club at NDP in the space of a month? :lol:
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:17 pm

Not interested who was,is or will be the Dundee manager. Irrespective I want to see 2 in a row, a clean sheet and at least one goal for us. A repeat of Saturday’s performance please. If Daz is injured its either Kelly or Taiwo. Dundee have scored 2 and conceded 14 which is why they are where they are. We can and should beat them.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm

I'm sure Dundee were on a run of six straight defeats when they came here two seasons ago and Hartley's job was saved, for a few months anyway, with a 1-0 win. We gave a real non-performance that day, going in to the match feeling quite pleased with ourselves having beaten Aberdeen. This is Accies remember, maybe should hope for the best but fear the worst.

The run of fixtures after this is very tough, could be four defeats in a row, so a win here is vital.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:07 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Not interested who was,is or will be the Dundee manager. Irrespective I want to see 2 in a row, a clean sheet and at least one goal for us. A repeat of Saturday’s performance please. If Daz is injured its either Kelly or Taiwo. Dundee have scored 2 and conceded 14 which is why they are where they are. We can and should beat them.

Not that interested either,
Just saying.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 pm

I watched their highlights on sportscene last night and noticed their defence backing off whenever anyone ran at them. Miller is going to have a field day if they continue to do that. Him running at them with the ball will be a joy for us. Nothing less than three points and hopefully a few goals again for us.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:16 pm

6-0 half time.
Martin to throw on Miller, Bingham, Brustad and Boyd in the 2nd half.
Final score 37-0 for a new British record.
McCann post match__" I still believe I can turn this around ,given time.And Tommy Wright is a wank"
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:I watched their highlights on sportscene last night and noticed their defence backing off whenever anyone ran at them. Miller is going to have a field day if they continue to do that. Him running at them with the ball will be a joy for us. Nothing less than three points and hopefully a few goals again for us.

If this site had a LIKE button I would like this post. :!:

8-)
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Im_Rodger98 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 pm

New to Accies world.
Looking forward to this one after battering St Mirren.
Im_Rodger98
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:59 pm

Im_Rodger98 wrote:New to Accies world.
Looking forward to this one after battering St Mirren.

Welcome Rodger!

The more of us the merrier. It can get quite lonely sometimes. When I post two or three comments without reply, it can feel like I'm on here on my own. But it could be worse - it could be just me and Swift Frank. ;)
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Normal Admission Season Books Valid & PATG - £22 Adults £12 U18 & O65s

McCarthy & McArthur Suite is open to home fans from 12.30pm- 2:45pm

Season Ticket holders - Redeem stub at front door for entry.

PATG - Must purchase from ticket office before entering via front door.

**Apologies to anyone who had issues with misinformation on Saturday I have resolved this and should be a smooth entry this weekend
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Euan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:46 pm

It looks like McCann will be in the dugout on Saturday after all, so no new manager boost for Dundee.
This is the sort of game Accies traditionally lose, which makes me nervous, but we did win our similar big game against Ross County towards the end of last season and beat St Mirren comfortably on Saturday, so maybe we’ve turned a corner.
First goal will be crucial.
If we go ahead I anticipate them crumbling to a 3 or 4 goal defeat but lose the first goal and their tails will be up and it could be a difficult afternoon. They’re not a bad side just lacking confidence and poorly managed.
I’m hopeful we’ll do it and establish a 9 point cushion which would be massive at this stage of the season.
C’mon the Accies.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Accies Bill » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:17 am

New to Accies world.

This weekend, lets build on last week, same formation, team line up and get that 9 point gap. Tricky October ahead but a good win on Saturday should give us confidence to get through it. Come on Accies!
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby Don van Vliet » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Welcome, Bill.

As we are all agreeing, this is a match where we feel Dundee are there for the taking and so that could be extra pressure on us. We have a record of failing to follow up an unexpected victory over a strong team with a poor loss to a team we expect to beat. So I'm not getting my hopes up but the prospect of the 9 point gap is fun to dream about.

I'm not generally critical of MC but consistency of performance (as distinct from consistency of results) is something that he needs to be achieving more often. With our buying power and fan base we are not going to be winning 5 games on the trot but 5 games of consistent focus and application would be great to see and would keep the punters happier.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:56 pm

It's actually vital we get three points from this game, as our October schedule is very tough: our only home game is v Rangers, and we have three aways, v Hibs, Killie and Aberdeen. Any points we get from these will be a bonus.

Those will complete the first round of games, and we should be aiming for double figures in points: a win over Dundee, plus at least one draw from the October games.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:32 pm

9 points in the first round of fixtures would be a good start, but 10 should be our target as one draw from the three tough fixtures is achievable.
I think we start the next round with Livi at home, another game we’ll need to win. St Mirren and Dundee will be away leaving Livi and Motherwell the realistic winnable home games.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Euan wrote:9 points in the first round of fixtures would be a good start, but 10 should be our target as one draw from the three tough fixtures is achievable.
I think we start the next round with Livi at home, another game we’ll need to win. St Mirren and Dundee will be away leaving Livi and Motherwell the realistic winnable home games.

We could even win one of them! Hibs, for one, won't be looking forward to our visit. That's why I said at least a point.

But we can all see how tough October looks. We shouldn't be too worried if we end up with a run of three or four defeats - as long as we aren't shipping lots of goals. I'd settle for ten points, but I'm hoping for more.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Livingston have already earned more points in the Premier League this season than Dundee have in the whole of 2018.

Clearly, it's not working under McCann and recent performances ably demonstrate that.

However, I fear 1-1 as we're usually the team which helps another club break their poor run.
Abe Froman
Pub League

Next

Return to Match Day Archives