Motherwell .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Motherwell .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat May 12, 2018 12:50 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Can remember playing Sunday fitba in "marvellous Muirhouse" and looking up during the game to see the locals draipsing down the hole in the roof SAS style to get into the dressing room lol.

That pitch and shitey old changing room is still there.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat May 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Decided to come to Fir Park, hopefully right decision FTW ;)
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat May 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Ftw too.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Swift Frank » Sat May 12, 2018 4:40 pm

What an embarrassment.
How does this man Canning stay in a job?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Don van Vliet » Sat May 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Swift Frank wrote:What an embarrassment.

It's probably because he has kept our team in the top division since he took over in January 2015. That is just about 3 and a half seasons. That's your answer. You may not like it but it's the reason.

Can you name another manager we have had who has achieved that?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sat May 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Eric Smith?
Seriously, I understand all that but just can't get my head around why it seems he's untouchable at Accies.
I acknowledge the achievement of keeping us up but even Cannings biggest fan must agree it's a steady decline.
Let's all celebrate staying up on goal difference with s pish defence.
Great stuff.Look forward to next season with great optimism.
Last edited by Swift Frank on Sat May 12, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat May 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:

It's probably because he has kept our team in the top division since he took over in January 2015. That is just about 3 and a half seasons. That's your answer. You may not like it but it's the reason.

He didn’t really have much to do when he took over from Alex we were in the top half and cruising then but struggled to finish 7th.

Big changes needed next season we are terrible.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Fair play to Canning for keeping us up just, but bottom line is have we improved since he took over and that is a resounding NO

Terrible to watch, terrible signings, terrible tactics, terrible win rate percentage ( around 21%).

Next season with no money, half of this years squad at least will be gone we are really going to struggle. Crowds will fall even lower

But one thing in life is sure, Canning will still be Accies manager
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat May 12, 2018 5:43 pm

smc4761 wrote:But one thing in life is sure, Canning will still be Accies manager

Two things in life are sure, that you'll be posting within minutes of a defeat and predicting doom and gloom.

Continue to talk down the club at every opportunity and yes crowds will fall.

5th consecutive season in the top league (is there another example in European football of a team that regularly competes despite having half the resources of the next least resourced team in the league?), lowest season ticket prices in the league, regular offers of cheap (er) football, youngsters in demand, U17s on verge of best team in the country and with the Cruyft court opening continued genuine efforts to be a real community team.

Maybe not tonight after an abject performance but lets start the positivity from tomorrow - talk your club up not down #positivity #bring the feelgood factor back #Accies
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby southoftheborder » Sat May 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Who would have believed that we would be saved by goal difference!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sat May 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Big changes needed next season we are terrible.

Canning agreed in his radio Clyde interview, heard on the way home.
Admitted that most of those missing today will be away next season and that he and the Board have their biggest ever challenge rebuilding the squad to compete next season.
He said he was disappointed in the lack of effort that some players showed today that they maybe don’t have what it takes to play for Accies in the Premiership.
To be fair I don’t think he targets potential signings or is solely responsible for who we sign, rather he gets a squad and the pick of the development players and has to make the most of it...he has done well in that respect.
Today Mikel played well and now that he’s settled in Scotland should start to contribute next season. It’s a big move for a young player to leave London and move up here. Oggy looked good for the five minutes he was on the pitch but otherwise no real pass marks for the rest.
Anyway we’ll be there next season and looking forward to it.
Euan
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Euan wrote:
Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Big changes needed next season we are terrible.

Canning agreed in his radio Clyde interview, heard on the way home.
Admitted that most of those missing today will be away next season and that he and the Board have their biggest ever challenge rebuilding the squad to compete next season.
He said he was disappointed in the lack of effort that some players showed today that they maybe don’t have what it takes to play for Accies in the Premiership.
To be fair I don’t think he targets potential signings or is solely responsible for who we sign, rather he gets a squad and the pick of the development players and has to make the most of it...he has done well in that respect.
Today Mikel played well and now that he’s settled in Scotland should start to contribute next season. It’s a big move for a young player to leave London and move up here. Oggy looked good for the five minutes he was on the pitch but otherwise no real pass marks for the rest.
Anyway we’ll be there next season and looking forward to it.

Sounds like a very upbeat interview.

Out of those missing today, the only (realistic) ones I'd like to stay are Want and Woods.

There were probably only three or four playing today that I'd like to stay.

In my opinion, we've got away with one; 33 points would send you down any other season.

Just write this season off and hope for the best over the summer.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat May 12, 2018 7:07 pm

That was dire and pretty much sums up 2018. P17 W3 D1 L13 F16 A34 and consider we lost 9 of the last 10 how we stayed up is incredible as that’s relegation form no matter what sport you play.

Got to hope livi turn over partick as I’d fancy our chances finishing above them and st Mirren as good chance both their managers will go.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat May 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:

Teams worse than us have kept us up nothing to do with Canning. 4 pts from 33 is a horrendous stat but you keep believing that canning has kept us up.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm

How dare you slate the Messiah Canning?
Lol
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun May 13, 2018 9:08 am

Well I got my wish and Miller and Rojano started. Saw enough to think that Miller could be an asset next season. Other than that we got humped by a Motherwell reserve side and I left with 15 minutes to go. The appeal of a glass of wine and a curry from ‘Spice' won over the remainder of the season. Very good away support and a lot of families with young kids there which augers well hopefully for future season. And the upper tier wasnt that bad. Final comment stewards are really thick arent they. As i approached the gates where the barriers were I didnt get searched but the steward says to me "have you got a ticket" which through me a bit "No I don’t" "well you will be paying at the gate" he replied. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon May 14, 2018 1:40 am

Most MFC Stewards have a Degree (Masters) in soap dodging and are as intelligent as a part worn tyre
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives