Lewis Ferguson

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Lewis Ferguson

Postby Swift Frank » Sun May 06, 2018 11:41 pm

This young man is proving to be a chip off the old block right enough.
He has played Accies for his own gain and engineered his move to Aberdeen by using Accies as a platform then ultimately sticking 2 fingers up to the Club and the fans.He never had any intention of sticking around as he has Hamilton Accies at heart as much as his pretentious Dad ever had.
Kid on Accies fan.
How's your "sore ankle" Lewis? Lol.
Think we all know where Fergys allegiance lies,roughly between Govan and Kinning Park.
Hope you enjoy your time with the Aberdeen under 20s Lewis and maybe in 20 years time you can come back to Accies like your father did when you are finished and be a wage thief like your Dad and con Ronnie and Les again .
Good Riddance .
Incidentally hope Radio Scotland can start alternating between reporters as Ferguson's crap reports and bad English are extremely irritating and seems to take great delight when Accies lose,a bit like that other diddy Allan Preston.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Re: Lewis Ferguson

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon May 07, 2018 8:40 am

Well said
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 am

Oh dear ...
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Burst Baws » Mon May 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Swift Frank wrote:This young man is proving to be a chip off the old block right enough.
He has played Accies for his own gain and engineered his move to Aberdeen by using Accies as a platform then ultimately sticking 2 fingers up to the Club and the fans.He never had any intention of sticking around as he has Hamilton Accies at heart as much as his pretentious Dad ever had.
Kid on Accies fan.
How's your "sore ankle" Lewis? Lol.
Think we all know where Fergys allegiance lies,roughly between Govan and Kinning Park.
Hope you enjoy your time with the Aberdeen under 20s Lewis and maybe in 20 years time you can come back to Accies like your father did when you are finished and be a wage thief like your Dad and con Ronnie and Les again .
Good Riddance .
Incidentally hope Radio Scotland can start alternating between reporters as Ferguson's crap reports and bad English are extremely irritating and seems to take great delight when Accies lose,a bit like that other diddy Allan Preston.

Agreed. As much as Docherty has been slated by some, he earned his move away by coming through the ranks and playing a starring role in our midfield for a couple of seasons. Young Ferguson has been badly advised, he should have continued his development with us for at least another season then perhaps went onto bigger things rather than jumping ship at the first opportunity. His dad who talks a terrible game, should have advised him to stay and play first team football but I guess we know that his dad has no loyalty or allegiance to Accies.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Mon May 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Very accurate post.
His Dad has always patronized Accies by his fake allegiance to Accies.
We can see through that.
Much better to just be straight with people and admit the only team you really care about is the former Rangers FC aka Sevco.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed May 09, 2018 9:51 am

You have to separate out various agendas from the facts of this case.

It seems that some of those commenting have an axe to grind with Derek Ferguson, or are part of the obsessive anti-Sevco cult, or want to use this to have a go at our Board.

Setting all that aside, it's clear Accies offered Lewis Ferguson new terms - Canning said so publicly, reported on the BBC, for example. We don't know what those terms were, and maybe they weren't sufficiently attractive to a promising young player and those advising him. Canning hints that was the case, but maybe there's no amount of money would have tempted Ferguson to stay, and he'd have been seduced by a bigger club regardless. We can't force players to stay.

I think he's making a mistake, and he's been badly advised. Will he get a regular game in Aberdeen's first XI? Doubt it. As opposed to starring for Accies? Will he get better coaching at Aberdeen than Accies? Doubt it. Is it worth a bit of extra cash over the next year or two to risk setting back your career? Surely not?

I think we do need to ask a question or two of his Dad. Derek says he enjoyed his brief spell playing for Accies at the end of his career. When he wasn't injured, most of us watching enjoyed his contribution. He says he wishes he'd played longer for us. Me too, if he means earlier in his career, as opposed to afterwards, when he was finished. He praises our youth system. Great, but when it comes to actions, not words, it looks like he's steered his son to refusing a contract and leaving.

The upshot is the most talented player to break into our first team this season, after nearly 4 years in our Academy, leaves for a 'Development Fee' (£200,000, I understand), when we could have got double that (plus any sell-on percentage) next season.

That's disappointing. Our youth development approach won't work if families like the Fergusons game the system.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:You have to separate out various agendas from the facts of this case.

It seems that some of those commenting have an axe to grind with Derek Ferguson, or are part of the obsessive anti-Sevco cult, or want to use this to have a go at our Board.

Setting all that aside, it's clear Accies offered Lewis Ferguson new terms - Canning said so publicly, reported on the BBC, for example. We don't know what those terms were, and maybe they weren't sufficiently attractive to a promising young player and those advising him. Canning hints that was the case, but maybe there's no amount of money would have tempted Ferguson to stay, and he'd have been seduced by a bigger club regardless. We can't force players to stay.

I think he's making a mistake, and he's been badly advised. Will he get a regular game in Aberdeen's first XI? Doubt it. As opposed to starring for Accies? Will he get better coaching at Aberdeen than Accies? Doubt it. Is it worth a bit of extra cash over the next year or two to risk setting back your career? Surely not?

I think we do need to ask a question or two of his Dad. Derek says he enjoyed his brief spell playing for Accies at the end of his career. When he wasn't injured, most of us watching enjoyed his contribution. He says he wishes he'd played longer for us. Me too, if he means earlier in his career, as opposed to afterwards, when he was finished. He praises our youth system. Great, but when it comes to actions, not words, it looks like he's steered his son to refusing a contract and leaving.

The upshot is the most talented player to break into our first team this season, after nearly 4 years in our Academy, leaves for a 'Development Fee' (£200,000, I ), when we could have got double that (plus any sell-on percentage) next season.

That's disappointing. Our youth development approach won't work if families like the Fergusons game the system.

,IMO there are never any six figure development fees.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Wed May 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Swift Frank wrote:
Willie Wastle wrote:You have to separate out various agendas from the facts of this case.

The upshot is the most talented player to break into our first team this season, after nearly 4 years in our Academy, leaves for a 'Development Fee' (£200,000, I ), when we could have got double that (plus any sell-on percentage) next season.

Pretty accurate balanced and sensible summation of the situation as we know it.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed May 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Arguments for both sides.

Yes stay and get 1 or 2 full seasons under your belt like docherty and then make your “big” move. And docherty if anyone has noticed has played only 19 minutes in the last 4 games.

Downside is though no player is ever going to sign a contract extension within a year of their current contract expiring. Poor by the club but did no one have the fore sight at this time last year to potentially see him breaking into the first team to offer him a new improved contract as by all accounts he’s not on a great deal.

So what happens, as in most cases players follow the money with the promise of a 3-4 year deal as opposed to a 2 year maximum with us, it’s a no brainer.

Only time will tell for me how good he may be but to jump ship after less than 15 games is poor advice. But let’s be honest did he really stand out in any of those games? Brought a bit of energy to the game but the last 3/4 games against bottom 6 opposition did he really stand out in those games? Not for me.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 09, 2018 5:20 pm

In 2014 a tribunal ordered Dundee United to pay Rangers £205,000 for Charlie Telfer. Initially United offered Rangers £50k transfer fee which was rejected. He then signed for United out of contract and United offered rangers 100k development fee also rejected. It went to a tribunal who arrived at the figure of £205,00 taking account of his age (19), 5 under 19 caps and ONE first team appearance for rangers againt stenhousemuir. Lewis is also 19, has several under 19 caps I think and is an established first team player with Hamilton. I would have thought 200k is realistic but as I pointed out he was with Doncaster long before he came to us so I assume they will get a significant cut. It may be we are so strapped for cash that we will take less if its up front.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed May 09, 2018 10:08 pm

If you think we'll get anything like 200k for Ferguson then dream on.
Incidentally what's all this Doncaster rubbish?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Don van Vliet » Sat May 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Can someone explain to my how this pre-contract thingy works, please. He's our player and has agreed to go to the Dons next season. I get that. So how come we can't/don't play him, a regular in our team, from the moment he signed that 'pre-contract'? That makes it look as though it is not a pre-contract at all but that he is no longer our player.

I'd like to understand.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sat May 12, 2018 5:09 pm

In short coz he's a little unloyal runt who is being poorly advised by his father who has very similar traits.
Should have taken the McCarthy/McArthur route to football fame and got serious game time under his belt but has opted for the 'Billy big time' option which IMO will come back to bite him big style.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby southoftheborder » Sat May 12, 2018 5:57 pm

For Lewis Ferguson, read Stephen Hendrie.

Cut out the middleman - sign for Motherwell reserves now - it's as good as you'll get!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Hamilton have hit Aberdeen with a £500,000 compensation bill for teenage midfielder Lewis Ferguson. (Scottish Daily Mail, newspaper edition)

Aberdeen have been instructed to pay the money direct to our account in China !
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies