Accies .V. St Johnstone - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. St Johnstone - Match Thread

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:00 pm

The club has once again made a tremendous offer to all fans attending this match. Details here : https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/tick ... e-h-8-may/
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Accies .V. St Johnstone - Match Thread

Postby smc4761 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Fantastic offer from the club. With the game being on a Tuesday night so cant see many St Johnstone fans coming through
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:35 pm

Brilliant deal from the club again and should be exploited.

I can just imagine the gloryhunters from the east end of Glasgow offering up the same deal to their bigoted gloryhunter fans who lets be honest they would hound Rodgers out after 2 defeats on the bounce because ‘they deserve better’.

Wait a minute I don’t think they ever have, corporate greed till the very end. They’re that thick that they really don’t get it.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:01 pm

Another fantastic deal although it is against our bogey team lol.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue May 01, 2018 10:43 am

Big Wurzil wrote:Brilliant deal from the club again and should be exploited.

I can just imagine the gloryhunters from the east end of Glasgow offering up the same deal to their bigoted gloryhunter fans who lets be honest they would hound Rodgers out after 2 defeats on the bounce because ‘they deserve better’.

Wait a minute I don’t think they ever have, corporate greed till the very end. They’re that thick that they really don’t get it.

WTF ...
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Euan » Tue May 01, 2018 2:34 pm

To be fair to Celtic they offered a 2 for 1 deal, available to both sets of supporters, on our visit in October 2014, ensuring a large Accies crowd to see us go top of the SPL with a 1-0 victory.
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue May 01, 2018 8:16 pm

My abiding memory of that day at Parkhead was two events after the game:the first a long standing fan phoning his boy in AUSTRALIA and the second the Mrs and I getting off at Hamilton West with some Celtic fans declaring "look at they wankers celebrating at The Vaults" to be met with a "you better believe it boys" from us right behind them lol.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Admin » Tue May 08, 2018 5:00 am

Giving this thread a little bump to the top!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Swift Frank » Tue May 08, 2018 7:17 am

Hope I'm a mile out but think they'll pump us tonight.
Combination of the must win pressure on us and the freedom they will enjoy will prove too much IMO.
And there will be no point blaming it on Tonight's failure either.Blame it on Dundee away,Partick away,St Johnstone away,Dundee home, Kilmarnock away, Kilmarnock home,etc,etc. All games where grinding out just a point would have been enough to avoid this mess.
Proved incapable on multiple occasions this season so why be confident about tonight?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue May 08, 2018 10:53 am

YOH is right to describe St Johnstone as our bogey team. There's been nothing between us in our games so far this season, and yet somehow they've taken all the points. That's got to change sometime, and I'd like to think the fact that this game matters to us, but is meaningless to them, will give us the edge.

The BBC preview says Temps is back, and that could be the difference, as he's our key matchwinner. The same report says Ferguson and Crawford remain doubts, and I wonder if we'll see either of them in Accies colours again. If Fulton has to deputise for Woods again, I'm confident in his abilities.

A win tonight and we're safe. Yes, Partick could still be three points behind us going into the final game, but they won't be able to make up the goal difference. If Partick and County lose, then we don't have to take anything, but I'd prefer us to concentrate on doing the business ourselves.

Accies to win 2-1 tonight, and confirm another season in the SPL. 8-)
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue May 08, 2018 10:59 am

Probably a draw, which I’d take.
Also Partick to lose and County to win, making the last day interesting.
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 08, 2018 12:08 pm

A draw not good enough. Quite simply we are running out of games and personally I've had it with play offs. I wouldn't put it past Livingstone if they get through to beat us. Their tails are up. Anyway the good news is that Mclean Saints hat trick hero is unlikely to be risked on our surface so thats a bonus. Will ferguson play? I hope so assuming he's up for it. Keep Sarris on the bench, Dougie to put us 1 up from the penalty spot and Templeton to score a second from a free kick. Simples
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 pm

When was the last time you cheered a Motherwell victory, that could be a realistic option tonight :shock:
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Euan wrote:Probably a draw, which I’d take.
Also Partick to lose and County to win, making the last day interesting.

What a scenario! Not one I'd welcome: County are currently only 4 goals behind us, your scenario would reduce it to 3 at most, meaning if they win and we lose on the last day, they could climb above us. Partick would be relegated and we'd be in the play off.

Not that I think there's a cat's chance in hell of that happening. County need to win both their remaining games, and given that they've only won 6 out of 36 games so far - and only one under their current managers - that's one of the least likely things that could still theoretically happen.

Also, we should beware of "making the last day interesting" for our rivals. Much better that at least one of them has nothing more to play for, preferably both. It's "interesting" enough already, thanks!

Dundee won't be on their sun loungers yet. Sure, they're as good as safe, but not if they get heavily beaten by County (say 3-0, not impossible, as County recently beat Partick 4-0). Meanwhile, if Accies & Partick both win, the jags would just need to beat Dundee (probably by 2 goals) to put them into the play offs. No, I think Dundee will get a result in Dingwall. I'm more worried about the possibility of Partick beating Motherwell, which is why we really need to win.

Match Partick's result tonight and we should be fine; win and we're definitely safe.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue May 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Match Partick's result tonight and we should be fine; win and we're definitely safe.

We did it in typical Accies style, losing to succeed.

At least we’re not going to Fir Park needing points.

It’s going to be tough next season!
Euan
Premiership

Postby Alty accie » Tue May 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Euan wrote:Match Partick's result tonight and we should be fine; win and we're definitely safe.

We did it in typical Accies style, losing to succeed.

At least we’re not going to Fir Park needing points.

It’s going to be tough next season!

The last 4 seasons have been tough. But we are still there, putting a lot of faces out of joint. :D :D
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gav » Tue May 08, 2018 10:05 pm

And St Mirren will be there to make things easier.

10th next season will be another success and can't see any reason why we won't do it.
Gav
Championship

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue May 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Regardless of how results went elsewhere, That was pathetic again, Outside Templeton we never looked like scoring and the defence is a disaster. Thank you Motherwell
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Well barring a fluke couple of results we are safe again

This season has been tough and next season will be even harder. With no cash in kitty we are going to struggle to attract anyone and I reckon probably half of players we have at moment will be gone.

Still lets enjoy it whilst we can.
smc4761
Premiership

Postby yuggyboy » Tue May 08, 2018 10:30 pm

I thought that we were at least heading for a draw as they had not really looked that dangerous, but then Fulton gave away the penalty and that changed everything. When we played the ball on the ground we looked like we might do something but punting it up with a defence that size!!! Just knew St Johnstone would steal something. I suppose I should be happy but it doesn't feel right as we should not have been in this position. What will next year bring I wonder?
yuggyboy
Pub League

Next

Return to Match Day Archives