Accies .V. Ross County - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Ross County - MATCH THREAD

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Interesting that not one poster has mentioned the loss of Crawford to another injury.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:and if the season ended today, we would have stayed up. Mission accomplished. It's true, we're on a losing streak, but it's not our first losing streak of the season

Great insight here, Along the lines of if your aunt had baws she'd be your uncle.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Euan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:
Great insight here, Along the lines of if your aunt had baws she'd be your uncle.

There’s also the possibility that she could simply be hermaphroditic.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:Interesting that not one poster has mentioned the loss of Crawford to another injury.

Who actually cares about Crawford anymore?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:50 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:Interesting that not one poster has mentioned the loss of Crawford to another injury.

Great servant to the club but has had no significant contribution this season unfortunately.

Wish him well with his move to Hibs at the end of the season ;)
Last edited by Stodmeister on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Bonjella » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Scott18 wrote:McMann and Tomas both banned for this game

Ahh... balls then Sarris will be in no doubt.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:08 am

A massive day for us.

Everyone needs to really step up today. Management team need to be brave and able to change things if they are not working. Players need to give everything and us fans need to be the twelfth man today. Really back the team today.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Massive win.

I feared for our prospects at half time. We were clueless in the first half. No evident plan, other than pass it to Temps, who got no protection from the referee. No shape. Little movement. Unable to string passes together. The most disorganised I've seen us for some time, even comparing with games we've lost recently. I haven't seen a replay, but it seems MacKinnon was lucky to stay on the park for his first minute challenge. If County weren't so inept, it could have been over by half tine.

Second half was fortunately better: Oggy really put in a shift; Woods was all reassurance at the back; Fergie wins a pen, which Dougie slots away despite gamesmanship by our opponents; Temps is left unmarked in the box, and he doesn't miss those; young Wastle nearly creamed himself at Temps' overhead kick... straight into the keeper's arms; Redmond seemed to be on the same wavelength as Temps; Sarris was comedy gold playing on with both legs obviously broken. You could see their heads go down when they went behind, and it was clear the second goal was enough to finish it.

We're now all but arithmetically safe from automatic relegation, and we await results from elsewhere as we continue to battle to avoid the play-offs, from a position of advantage. Nearly there.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:29 pm

After being fuming last week, a comfortable (in the end) win was much needed.
County really frustrated us in the first half but were completely disheartened as soon as Imrie scored. In the end, it could've been three or four, which was mostly orchestrated by Danny Redmond running things.
The back five, especially VDW, was solid throughout, and Jenkins and MacKinnon provided a solid base in the midfield - something that was sorely missing last week.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:01 pm

We produced a great second half performance, which turned on the penalty. Ross County defender stupidly pulls Fergy to the ground at our corner, and Madden gives us the first decision of the day, when plenty more went 'un-noticed' 'till then.
Mario worked tirelessly throughout winning countless headers and knock-ons but with no-one from us around. He looks a real find, and was knackered when he was correctly subbed. Gave their defence endless problems. Binghams fresh legs were required but his touch is still awful, where we could have had another goal on other occasions from someone else.
Danny Redmond stole the show for me. He can see a pass where others don't, has great touch, and ability to jink round players, and assisted in the second goal from Temps.

English viewers will see him next year in the Championship, or Premiership, no doubt, as he was streets ahead of anyone else, even with two marking him from start to finish. Just hope we could keep him, though!

Not quite there yet, and today's results still awaited at time of posting. Hopefully St Johnstone maintain their advantage and Motherwell stuff Dundee as well.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:03 pm

And meant to add that we all thought that Sarris was crazy, so deservedly given MOTM for a great shift in defence today, and coming back on with at least one broken leg/foot !!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:52 pm

The jammy jaggies equalise with a late pen and take a point at Perth. Still 4 points behind us, plus a lot of goal difference, but 5 would have been better. Hoping the scoreline stays as it is at Fir Park, with Dundee losing.

Looks like a good weekend for us overall.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:14 pm

After being fuming last week, a comfortable (in the end) win was much needed.

Comfortable is the word that came to my mind. I expected more from County but while the first half was as scrappy as it comes I never felt they threatened Wood in goal. The penalty came as a real surpirse. I didnt see anything but BBC saying a definite penaly as a result of a shirt pull in the box on Ferguson so well done the ref who had a crap game otherwise. Defensively we looked all right and Sarris must have been having a good game as I didnt notice him :) As for Redmond yes he did make a big difference but I would have thought we would have him signed up already for next season if he is staying and to be honest even fit he gets little enough game time. I don’t think Canning fancies him. All round a satisfying saturday with Thistle drawing and Dundee losing and losing a defender to an injury that will keep him out the rest of the season. Not that I’m wishing an injury on anyone but we need all advantages we can get.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:19 pm

Watched the first half on Sky then had to leave for work. I appreciate that this was a high pressure game, but that was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen. Both sides were atrocious. Big hoof up the park and chase. God knows what the TV audience in England would have made of that, and that one of the SPFL top 10 sides

Bottom line 3 points and I reckon we could get away by winning one more game

How was the crowd today, a big turn out given the decent offer made by board to season ticket holders??
smc4761
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:27 pm

[code][/code]
smc4761 wrote:Watched the first half on Sky then had to leave for work. I appreciate that this was a high pressure game, but that was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen. Both sides were atrocious. Big hoof up the park and chase. God knows what the TV audience in England would have made of that, and that one of the SPFL top 10 sides

How was the crowd today, a big turn out given the decent offer made by board to season ticket holders??

Crowd of 2057 of which 138 were County.
Last edited by AcciesFCSLO on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:48 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
smc4761 wrote:Watched the first half on Sky then had to leave for work. I appreciate that this was a high pressure game, but that was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen. Both sides were atrocious. Big hoof up the park and chase. God knows what the TV audience in England would have made of that, and that one of the SPFL top 10 sides

Crowd of 2057 of 138 were County.

If only 1/4 of that number went to Dundee next week what an atmosphere it would be.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bonjella » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:09 pm

Bonjella wrote:
Scott18 wrote:McMann and Tomas both banned for this game

Ahh... balls then Sarris will be in no doubt.

I'll wind my neck in, thought he played great today.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Great choice of music today, BTW. Bon Jovi "Livin' on a Prayer", and Elvis 'It's now or never"?

Still too bliddy loud, though :roll: :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby really? » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:47 am

porcupine wrote:Great choice of music today, BTW. Bon Jovi "Livin' on a Prayer", and Elvis 'It's now or never"?

Still too bliddy loud, though :roll: :roll: :roll:

absolutely - choice of music great but fed up having shouty conversations
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:26 am

Enjoyed the novelty of watching Accies live(ish) on sky+, when I got in from work.
Dire game to watch if you didn’t have an interest with basically no actual football played in the first half.
Danny made a difference, his pass for the second had Crockett and Walker getting excited that we might see more skills, but it wasn’t to be.
Realistically the result was all that mattered and we got it. Barring a disaster the worst we’ll do is finish 11th, but I reckon we’ll now finish 9th.
Euan
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives