Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Obviously anything is a bonus However every point counts now. Hopefully Templeton is fit and we can take it to them
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 am

Crawford and Templeton both back in the starting XI - Celtic focus their attention on them. Rojano hat trick. They get a late consolation. 3-1 Accies.

I can dream!
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Results elsewhere went for us today - only County got a point, and Dundee's GD took a pounding. The three teams below us have now reached the split, and we have our two games in hand to see if we can extend our lead. Nobody expects us to take anything from Celtic, but maybe, just maybe...
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Keep it tight at 0-0 for as long as possible as the more it stays like that the more Celtic players will start to look towards the semi v sevco.

Let their attacking players know they’re in a game early and they might sit off.

Ross co only 4 goals worse off, we could easily be worse than that this time next Saturday :)
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:43 pm

I guess the minimum requirement was to contain them, and limit the damage to our goal difference. That much achieved, but despite the balance of play, I see that as a missed opportunity to take something.

Another bewildering selection: Bingham favoured over Rojano, Redmond over Ferguson? And when it comes to tallying the persistent weaknesses of this season, costly indiscipline must be right update there with failure to defend free kicks. 2nd game in a row a second yellow card has reduced us to 10 men and potentially cost us a point.

Need to take something from the Killie game now.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Training match from start to finish regardless of the sending off.

Thing that irritates me most of all is the amount of free kick and corner opportunities that we waste. The delivery at times is either too long or doesn’t get past the first man. Got to make the most of these opportunities and invariably we don’t.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Positives - Fulton looked like a keeper. Feared the worst when I saw he was in goals given his early season performances. Bingham took his goal well and that may help his confidence and goal difference wise we have improved over those below us. Other than that as others have commented indiscipline cost us again. As for squad rotation 2 of the changes were enforced i.e. Woods being injured and Imrie red card but the others who knows? I honestly believe that Martin wrote off the remaining pre split games and has tried to give those coming back game time rest others etc. so we go into the post split games with a ‘rested’ injury free squad. if so its a high risk strategy given our post split form last year. One buckshee game left We should look on the `Killie game as a one off play off final and go for 3 points.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 pm

TerracingTomas wrote: One buckshee game left We should look on the `Killie game as a one off play off final and go for 3 points.

Good idea. Hope MC thinks about that too. Nothing to loose, other than three points, (or another player red carded for the play-offs :cry: :cry: ) Surely, not three in a row?
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies