Departures

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Departures

Postby NB.hafc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:24 am

Skondras and Kozoronis have left the club. Thoughts?
NB.hafc
Pub League

Re: Departures

Postby OOHAHHSKONDRAS » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:32 am

Wee bitta aids that my name is this. Quite the pickle that I’ve got myself in lol.
OOHAHHSKONDRAS
Pub League

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:56 am

It never "worked out" for Kozo , I quite liked Skondras as a player but obviously something going on there , initially he wasn't going to sign for this season and did but maybe the birth of his kid and his Greek "holiday" made his mind up.

Wonder if Sarris will be next?? ;)
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby NB.hafc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:03 pm

Stodmeister wrote:It never "worked out" for Kozo , I quite liked Skondras as a player but obviously something going on there , initially he wasn't going to sign for this season and did but maybe the birth of his kid and his Greek "holiday" made his mind up.

Wonder if Sarris will be next?? ;)

I hope so :roll:
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby Gav » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Notice we havent wished them well like we do with most departures.
Gav
Championship

Postby OOHAHHSKONDRAS » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:45 pm

I wish kozo well as he was a seemingly good player, skondras is different however, he left us at the end of last season as well and then came back to us when he had no other offers.
OOHAHHSKONDRAS
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Want and Ferguson absolutely flourishing with a run of games - no more Greeks - get the kids in!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Bluesy wrote:Want and Ferguson absolutely flourishing with a run of games - no more Greeks - get the kids in!

Definitely!!
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Kozoronis? Semms a waste of money for a lot of letters on an Accies jersey which we never saw in the first team :roll: :roll:

Agree that we should continue to blood our own lads in preference to questionable signings from who knows where. Some of the development league team must be desperate for that one chance to show what they have in their locker.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:36 am

It's being reported today (The Scotsman, the Evening Times) that Ali Crawford has decided to leave the club in the summer. Apparently he hasn't been offered a new contract, but that will be because he has made his intentions clear.
I've enjoyed watching his career flourish for Accies but think it's time for him to seek pastures new.
He's done well for us and I hope he does well (obviously apart from any time he faces us in the future).

With any luck he will help us to safety before he departs.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Probably confirms the worst kept secret for a year or two. Ali was given the highest level at Accies to show off his many talents but too often fell short when expectations for him, and the Club, were there. Talented, no doubt, in all too briefly visible spells, Ali had the opportunity to move on to English Championship football, at least, if not higher, had he been consistently at a better level.

His time came, and has probably gone, unless another team can resurrect his career. For those moments of sublime free kicks and dead ball situations in the red and white hoops, thanks, Ali.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Agree with Gilbaldo and porcupine. A mercurial talent, Ali's best days for Accies seem to be behind him, but it would be nice if he could give us a last match-winning glimpse during this run-in.

All the best to him in the future.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies