Superseal bust

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Superseal bust

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Superseal have gone bust With effect 7 March Source Companies House
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Superseal bust

Postby Euan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:22 am

They’re starting up again soon as superwalrus
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:12 pm

We dont seem to have a good track record with sponsors. Thats our second home improvement company in a row to go bust. Before that Reid Furniture went down the same road and our away shirt sponsors scotia aide or whatever they were called got taken over by the charity commissioners because of the way they were being run. The superseal deal was touted by the club as one of our biggest sponsorship deals. You only have to take a look at their accounts to see that the money was never there in vast amounts. Does anyone at the club do any kind of due diligence into potential sponsors or are we just greatful for any interest. Perhaps they should try and get a 3 year deal from RBS. At least the would keep Mcgowans face off the front of the Advertiser. :roll:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Superseal's two year deal for £550K was signed on July 2016 with a big media launch. Once again, it looks as if the Club might be short of cash flow, with possible unpaid sponsorship monies, even though this main stadium sponsorship deal would have expired in August of this year anyway.

Having looked at the latest accounts of Superseal Home Improvements Ltd which, from what you say, are the Club's main sponsors, this company's October 2015 accounts were available for all to see in August 2016. Only a month after the 'Big Sponsorship Launch' those accounts showed only £43K of shareholders funds, although previous year's 2014 had £320K of shareholders funds. If any diligence was carried out by Accies, it may have been on that 2014 balance sheet. It is indisputable however, that on 25 Aug 2017, this company was apparently insolvent in 2016, with their 2016 accounts showing a deficit of £19K.

The recent events surrounding the Club's bank account scam would not convince me that due diligence on a sponsor would be a big consideration to some of those in charge. However, they may have originally looked at a historical balance sheet, which showed a different picture to that where significant trading /accounting changes then took place in this company between 2014 & 2015. How Accies have been paid any substantial sponsorship monies since the deal was signed will be another interesting question for the next Forum!!

Might not be all bad news, TT. Sponsors get match tickets for all games. Some sponsors tickets for Cellik/Sevco games at Accies may have passed through more than one pair of hands resulting in all those troublesome Away fans ending up in the Home end. This winding-up might reduce problems at the next Celtic game :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Who’s responsible at our club for these sponsorship deals??? Another kick in the teeth for us , I love the club but there’s a massive cloud hangs around us on the commercial side . Time to wake up and smell the coffee guys , we’re getting shafted all over the place.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:58 pm

How Accies have been paid any substantial sponsorship monies since the deal was signed will be another interesting question for the next Forum!!

Commercially sensitive and all that! To be fair to the club the sum mentioned 550k., may not have been all in cash. If i'm correct it was Superseal(RIP) who supplied and installed the bio mass boiler so maybe we have already got our sponsorship in kind.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Stodmeister wrote: there’s a massive cloud hangs around us on the commercial side .

Yes, it's all gone up in smoke in the biomass boiler. :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:42 pm

porcupine wrote:Superseal's two year deal for £550K was signed on July 2016 with a big media launch. Once again, it looks as if the Club might be short of cash flow, with possible unpaid sponsorship monies, even though this main stadium sponsorship deal would have expired in August of this year anyway.

Having looked at the latest accounts of Superseal Home Improvements Ltd which, from what you say, are the Club's main sponsors, this company's October 2015 accounts were available for all to see in August 2016. Only a month after the 'Big Sponsorship Launch' those accounts showed only £43K of shareholders funds, although previous year's 2014 had £320K of shareholders funds. If any diligence was carried out by Accies, it may have been on that 2014 balance sheet. It is indisputable however, that on 25 Aug 2017, this company was apparently insolvent in 2016, with their 2016 accounts showing a deficit of £19K.

The recent events surrounding the Club's bank account scam would not convince me that due diligence on a sponsor would be a big consideration to some of those in charge. However, they may have originally looked at a historical balance sheet, which showed a different picture to that where significant trading /accounting changes then took place in this company between 2014 & 2015. How Accies have been paid any substantial sponsorship monies since the deal was signed will be another interesting question for the next Forum!!

Might not be all bad news, TT. Sponsors get match tickets for all games. Some sponsors tickets for Cellik/Sevco games at Accies may have passed through more than one pair of hands resulting in all those troublesome Away fans ending up in the Home end. This winding-up might reduce problems at the next Celtic game :roll: :roll:

The deal was said by Colin McGowan 750k for 2 years. According to some bloke on Twitter 150k was still to be paid by superseal.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:38 am

IF this is true can't see where it would have come from other than 'goods in kind'. Would be (reluctantly) happy if we only dropped £150K on this one.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:54 am

The club issued a press release/web site item back in july last year at the start of the season. They revealed they had secured a 2 year sponsorship deal with superseal to the tune of £550,000. Further deals had been secured with ZL Group, TigerTurf, Equis and netbet to the value of £200,000. Add the 2 together and you get Bombers 750k. Are these figures accurate? Well they are the only ones we’ve got but like everything that comes out of the club these days I take it with a pinch of salt. Remember we paid a fee for Tomas and that was the first fee we had paid in a 100 years :roll: :roll: :roll:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:32 am

Not last year, TT, it was in 2016, as I said before, so the two year deal was expiring anyway at the end of THIS season. Whether the Club received any cash or benefits up to the amounts quoted from the various sponsors, we will never know. The annual accounts, as you said, don't show any evidence of affordability for a £550K deal, but it might have been a very expensive biomass boiler installation.

As to any future deals from new sources, if I were a potential sponsor I'd be more than selective before I committed future funds from my business to a football club who seem to be relaxed with the control over their bank account operations. In any event, a new sponsor will want to see what Division Accies will be playing in next season, before any decision is made.

The BOD will find it tough, I suspect, to get any meaningful sponsorship on board for next season, because of the above.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Not last year, TT, it was in 2016
I stand corrected :D Outside the Old Firm i think all Premiership clubs find it hard to attract decent sponsors. There are a couple of major banks with a significant presence up at the technolgy park e.g. HSBC but like you I’m not sure our recent history and Mcgowans continued campaign against RBS helps.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Rojano » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:59 am

A bank sponsoring accies ??? Oh ma sides :D :D :D :D
Rojano
Pub League

Postby southoftheborder » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:52 am

How about 'bankfraudlawyers4you' - surely they'd sponsor us!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies