Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ross County .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:43 pm

Admission:
Adults £24
Concs(O65s/Students) £14
U18s £5

Tickets to be purchased from the ticket pod opposite main entrance.

Hope to see as many of you there for a massive match for us.

Safe travels
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 am

I've got a car full going and really looking forward to it.
A wee stop at Ballinluig for a cooked breakfast and listen to the rugby on the way up - if Carlsberg did football away days... ...they'd probably include beer and I wouldn't be driving but never mind.
An Accies win would be massive for us and devastating for them.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:50 pm

A difficult game as County need something from this , for us it's important not to lose but I think this is definitely winnable given the fact we have now won 2 on the bounce and the players confidence levels should be good.

The key to the win may well well be Martin's team selection and set up. The team fought hard on Saturday against Motherwell and showed a lot of energy but will the same team be selected? I'd maybe just have one up front with Templeton playing off them and bring another midfielder in instead. Who to bring in is the question , does Skondras come in with Lyon pushed up a bit , does Imrie come in or will the whole set up be changed?

McMann had a more solid game on Saturday , I think because Imrie wasn't on his case all the time of getting in his way (they tend to go for same ball at times)

I'd settle for the same team as Saturday with the same energy an keep Dougie on the bench however don't think that will happen.Time for Martin to make BIG decisions .

I think if we can get 3 points from this County will be doomed and our situation will be far better than that of Dundee who have nightmare next 4 game fixture list.

It's in our own hands
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Stodmeister wrote:A difficult game as County need something from this , for us it's important not to lose but I think this is definitely winnable given the fact we have now won 2 on the bounce and the players confidence levels should be good.

The key to the win may well well be Martin's team selection and set up. The team fought hard on Saturday against Motherwell and showed a lot of energy but will the same team be selected? I'd maybe just have one up front with Templeton playing off them and bring another midfielder in instead. Who to bring in is the question , does Skondras come in with Lyon pushed up a bit , does Imrie come in or will the whole set up be changed?

McMann had a more solid game on Saturday , I think because Imrie wasn't on his case all the time of getting in his way (they tend to go for same ball at times)

I'd settle for the same team as Saturday with the same energy an keep Dougie on the bench however don't think that will happen.Time for Martin to make BIG decisions .

I think if we can get 3 points from this County will be doomed and our situation will be far better than that of Dundee who have nightmare next 4 game fixture list.

It's in our own hands

Good analysis. A win would be fantastic; a draw would be good enough.

I suspect Dougie comes straight back in, possibly at McMann's expense. Lyon has given Martin a selection headache on the other wing - I'm not sure Skondras will come straight back in. Like you, I'd be tempted to drop one of the strikers and play another midfielder - maybe Crawford will be ready? But hopefully not too many changes, as a winning team deserves to be kept together - Sarris on the bench?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Can't agree with parachuting Crawford into the team. Perhaps after a few substitute appearances. I think Oggy, Rojano and Templeton gives the opposition a real headache and I really hope they all start. VDW or Sarris?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:02 pm

VFW played well on Saturday and will have something to prove, having been released by County, so I’d start him. Sarris may come in at Want’s expense which may be harsh on Want.
Definitely not a start for Crawford, we’ll need committed players not passengers.
Apart from Sarris/Want decision, same team for me.
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:16 pm

And me. Want to start, younger legs and proved his worth last Saturday. Sarris might be rusty and can often be a bombscare. Good man for bench for shoring up our defence.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:46 am

I wasn't calling for Crawford to play, just speculating that he could (although I also think it's a bit harsh to assume one of our most talented players of the last five years would be a "passenger").

This piece from last week http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43323433 says he's close to a return, and I wondered if it was hinting that he's ready, but wouldn't be risked on our artificial surface?

It would certainly be something County wouldn't be expecting.

My preference would be to go with the same team that started v Motherwell, but I suspect there will be too many pressures on Martin to make changes, with 3 or 4 players ready, who if fully fit would normally be in our starting XI.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:12 am

It's worthwhile reviewing where we are in comparison with last season. The good news is that we have already passed last season's number of wins and goals scored. With 11 games to go, that's pretty decent.
For what it's worth, last year we got 35 points from 38 games, an average of 0.92 per game. This time, we're on 29 from 27 games, an average of 1.07 per game. If we continue like that we'd get 41 or so, an improvement of 17% on last season and be assured of safety. Of course, in the grand scheme of things these stats don't mean much.
Of course, every match over the course of a season counts for the same points as any other, but now that we're into March and the countdown is on, so is the pressure. We go into the County game on a bit of a high after two wins and I doubt that Martin will want to change the team if he can avoid doing so. I would leave Dougie on the bench if it was up to me. To bring him back might disrupt things although he certainly adds a lot to the team. Maybe he can give us a good half hour towards the end.
This is a big game for us but it's a huge game for Ross County. They simply must take the 3 points and if Accies start well it could be that the stress will get to them, especially after the departure of Owen Coyle. However, a team that can thump Dundee at Dens can't be all bad and it may well be that the change of management team will have given them a boost. On the other hand, the league table doesn't lie and they've lost 6 of their last 8 matches.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:46 am

Willie Wastle wrote:
Stodmeister wrote:A difficult game as County need something from this , for us it's important not to lose but I think this is definitely winnable given the fact we have now won 2 on the bounce and the players confidence levels should be good.

It's in our own hands

Good analysis. A win would be fantastic; a draw would be good enough.

I suspect Dougie comes straight back in, possibly at McMann's expense. Lyon has given Martin a selection headache on the other wing - I'm not sure Skondras will come straight back in. Like you, I'd be tempted to drop one of the strikers and play another midfielder - maybe Crawford will be ready? But hopefully not too many changes, as a winning team deserves to be kept together - Sarris on the bench?

Crawford is finished at Accies and were doing well enough without him disrupting the team. Why would canning change the team from Saturday's win against Motherwell? Keep it as it is as no player deserves the right to walk straight back in. Imrie fir McMann? What did McMann do wrong against well?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Think this is the Ross County managements first home game so they will be right up for it

We really need to get something from game as out next run of fixtures is 4 away games, County, St Johnstone, Killie then Hibees. If we dont get anything we could be dragged back into the dogfight
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:15 am

Win today and we can almost guarantee that we’ll not finish bottom.
They’ll be aware of that too so will be up for it.
We’ll need to match that desire to win as we did last week, so we’ll need players who are committed to Accies and their own future, which doesn’t apply to Crawford. He’s made it clear he’s leaving and was never the most committed on the pitch anyway, hence there’s a risk that he’d be a passenger in this game.
Happy to see him back while Ferguson is on international duty for the St Johnstone Hibs and Kilmarnock games. Win today and they become meaningless end of season fixtures ;)
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Getting absolutely battered according to the bbc live text website

Possession Ross co 68-32
Efforts Ross co 11-1
On target Ross co 6-0
Corners 5-2
Bookings 0-2

Give me a draw now :shock:
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:02 pm

A bit of a missed opportunity: at 2-1 up we looked to have removed any threat of automatic relegation, and put more distance between us and the other contenders for the play-off spot. But it sounds like we had a battle, with half our team booked, and the match stats (although I know they can be misleading) heavily against us. A draw still suited us a lot better than County, and with Dundee and Partick both losing, we gained ground.

Not a bad outcome, all things considered.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Almost the perfect weekend of results with Thistle and Dundee both losing. At least we gained a point keeping a good distance between County and ourselves

Maybe more worrying is we play Killie twice and just heard they have not lost a game since October. We they have gotta lose sometime and we might as well be the team that does them
smc4761
Premiership

Postby monkeybones » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:39 pm

What it also means is that Ross County will now be desperate and play like demons against the other relegation rivals and likely to stop them gaining points on us.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Would’ve took a draw before and chewed your hand off for a draw at half time so delighted.

8 to play, Next week

Celtic v Ross co
Hibs v partick
Kilmarnock v Accies
Dundee v hearts

Those 14 goals on partick could be vital
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:39 am

Didn't play particularly well however they were throwing everything at this game.
Dougie changed the game completely however as the 2nd half went on they got more and more dominant. Fair play to Ross County, they don't lie down and die (nearly came back from 3 down v Kilmarnock).
The way we played, the importance of the game to County and the other results round about us meant it was a very satisfying drive home.
Bluesy
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives