Accies .V. Motherwell - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - MATCH THREAD

Postby OOHAHHSKONDRAS » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Imrie is good for nothing expcept a wind-up merchant when games like this come around.
OOHAHHSKONDRAS
Pub League

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Sorry people but was I at a different game today? Great result and two wins on the bounce is fantastic but a good solid performance I don't think so. Maybe it's down to the fact that we are horrendous week in week out that makes today's performance good? To be fair I don't get to all games my last one being Dundee at home (1-2) which was another shocking performance.

We had one tactic hump the ball up the field and hope that we could create a couple of chances which to be fair we duly did. That was it nothing else, Motherwell whilst punchless up front (thank god for that eh?) were miles ahead of us in terms of a footballing side and IMO probably deserved something from the match.

Absolutely turgid game to watch albeit a massive 3 points
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Maybe if you DID go to all the games you would see how that solid performance was so much better than we have played for much of the season. Yes, not pretty to watch but we have to be grinding out three points, and did just that today. No failures on the pitch, IMO, a goal for Super Mario, which will do him a lot of good, and once again a class act from Templeton for the second.
The new signings look very promising, and we have nothing to fear against the others in the bottom six, when we play like this.

Six points from the 'Well this season, too!!

OH, and we still have two games in hand over all the others in the bottom six.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby OOHAHHSKONDRAS » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:00 pm

Gary woods wasnt forced into action until the last minute but as usual was solid from crosses and a great save late in the game. Tomas was solid as had been the last few weeks and doesn’t lose duels in the air. Same as Want who has shown so much improvement over the last few weeks and should become a regular in the team. The best performance by VDW in an accies shirt. McMann looked more confident than usual and performed well. Lyon showed a lot of fight and heart and had been consistently performing over the course of the season. We also looked strong in the midfield with Fergie having yet another fantastic performance along with Templeton who looks to be back at his best. What a signing Jenkins seems to be, he always try’s to play the ball and usually keep it. Although he scored don’t feel Ogkompoe is a good enough striker but was impressed by Rojano. Good to see Miller on the pitch as well. Overall I feel Canzo got the tactics spot on as we Grinded out the result. We are above Dundee, Thistle and County now with winnable games in hand. FTW
OOHAHHSKONDRAS
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Defensively we were as good as we've been all season, with each of the back five doing well and Jenkins breaking up play just in front of them. The out-ball wasn't great, but who needs it to be when you have Templeton?
accies1874
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Great result. Lewis playing really well and there was a sense of desire throughout the team.

Best part (other than the idiots from across the Clyde leaving early)? The smile on my 12 year old daughter’s face when Lyon gave her a thumbs up on leaving at full time!
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Some gems from Steelmen online
Playing Accies is a bit like arguing with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you through their greater experience there.

.To change a system/line up to counteract an inferior team is a disgraceful way to approach a game like this.

I'd have been less surprised if he'd taken that approach against Hearts, but to change the system for accies defies belief.
.Contain Accies LOL whit a load of pish we should be running over the top of them
.We all know NDP has never seen a game of football in it's history
5.Worst game of football I have ever watched in 47 years of watching football ! Tactics were wrong from the start but by fuck is that no one pishy shitey stadium !
.Trying to match Accies like this is like trying to wrestle a pig: you end up getting covered in shit but the pig really enjoys it all.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby OOHAHHSKONDRAS » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Boys, I vote it is time to go on the forum and abuse them
OOHAHHSKONDRAS
Pub League

Postby Hammy-hoops » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Almost like 2 seasons, 2 teams. We've beaten Motherwell with both. A tremendous amount of credit must go to M.C to pick up from losing Docherty & then McKinnon through injury, bring in new players & still get results. I wrote earlier that losing Docherty would be a real blow, losing Canning would be fatal to staying in top division, I am now even more convinced.
Glad to see forum is now more than simply posting Canning Out & we can have reasonable discussion.
Hammy-hoops
Pub League

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:Some gems from Steelmen online
Playing Accies is a bit like arguing with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you through their greater experience there.

.To change a system/line up to counteract an inferior team is a disgraceful way to approach a game like this.

I'd have been less surprised if he'd taken that approach against Hearts, but to change the system for accies defies belief.
.Contain Accies LOL whit a load of pish we should be running over the top of them
.We all know NDP has never seen a game of football in it's history
5.Worst game of football I have ever watched in 47 years of watching football ! Tactics were wrong from the start but by fuck is that no one pishy shitey stadium !

.Trying to match Accies like this is like trying to wrestle a pig: you end up getting covered in shit but the pig really enjoys it all.

To be fair, his last point is rather appropriate as I’m quite enjoying being a pig in ***t today after our 2-0 win!!
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Steelmen Online is always a good read after we beat them.

A lot of credit due to Shaun Want who did well in the physical battle v Main and Big Oggy made their defence work while Jenkins looks a great signing.
All this achieved without Skondras,Sarris,Imrie,McKinnon,Crawford and Gogic. ..a great win for Accies reserves.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives