Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Saw enough v sevco from the new guys to suggest things may be good, if not it’s curtians.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 am

Let's be solid at the back for starters , a back 4 please and sit a defensive midfielder in front to protect. If you play three at the back you need solid , mobile , ball playing centre halves who can play it out from the back which I'm afraid we don't have right now. Do we simply practice big punts up the park at training?

Midfield needs a bit of bite , we can't carry any passengers or have guys going anonymous. Goal apart I thought Lyon was anonymous last week as he is most weeks by the looks of it ,although I may be being harsh on the lad.

Ogkmpoe seems to win most of his headers therefore Temps to play off his knock downs and flicks however it wouldn't bother me to have Rojano on instead , him and Temps seemed to work well together when they played.

I wouldn't even have Bingham on the bench just doesn't do it for me , maybe Miller deserves a go , Thistle won't know anything about him but they'll know Bngham.

Our defending from set pieces needs to drastically improve, we've been very poor since Martin has been in charge.

We MUST win this , no excuses.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby NB.hafc » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:31 am

I think Canning should give 4-3-3 a go with Temps and Miller on each wing and any choice of striker up top, personally I’d go with Bingham.

3 in the middle, Jenkins holding I thought he played superb against rangers with Ferguson and maybe Lyon playing with him although I’d like to see Kozoronis or Scott play.

Back 4 would have Skondras at rightback, VDW at leftback and 2 Center half’s i’d Have Want and either Gogic or Tomas. Sarris just isn’t living up to standards and is horrendous in my opinion and Want seems to play well and lacks errors unlike the others which is quite concerning.

Woods at the back as per but wouldn’t be surprised if he was dropped for Fulton but I like Fulton at the end of the day and maybe Woods needs a break. A good variety on the bench with the likes of the u20s players and Imrie, Ogkmpoe etc.
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Saw enough v sevco from the new guys to suggest things may be good, if not it’s curtians.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's curtains if we lose. We still have 2 games in hand on Partick, and then another 6 games before the split. But there's no doubt we'd have dug ourselves into a hole.

On the flip side, if we beat them, we move 2 points ahead with superior goal difference and 2 games in hand.

VERY different scenarios. Which makes this as close to a must-win as you can get at this stage. Huge game. Massive. We need to break our losing streak. And about time we beat them, anyway. All of which probably means it'll be a draw.

I wasn't at the Rangers game, and I'm reluctant to draw any conclusions based on TV viewing. But there do seem grounds for encouragement. If the defence can hold, if Jenkins and Ferguson can do the job they seem capable of, and if our strikers can score a couple (all a bit obvious, really), we could well get that win. I hope so. I like beating Partick, and this would be an important time to do it. This could go a long way to ensuring our Premiership survival.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Very difficult team selection for Canning.
Players have really let him down recently.

I think that Woods, Skondras, Thomas (with Conor Sammon in mind), Ferguson and Templeton are our only certain starters.

For most of the season you could have predicted 10 or so of the starters easily and that is where our current troubles lie I think.

I would go with Want as the other centre back and McMann as a traditional left back, Jenkins in the centre with Ferguson, Redmond and perhaps Scott alongside these 2 and Templeton up front with Rojano.

Any feedback on Scott at the under 20s?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby NB.hafc » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Bluesy wrote:Very difficult team selection for Canning.

I think that Woods, Skondras, Thomas (with Conor Sammon in mind), Ferguson and Templeton are our only certain starters.

For most of the season you could have predicted 10 or so of the starters easily and that is where our current troubles lie I think.

I would go with Want as the other centre back and McMann as a traditional left back, Jenkins in the centre with Ferguson, Redmond and perhaps Scott alongside these 2 and Templeton up front with Rojano.

Heard he scored a volley against st mirren
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Bluesy wrote:Very difficult team selection for Canning.

Sat in midfield and tidied up, and also scored with a fine finish. Hughes was better.
I'd probably have Jenkins and Gogic ahead of him in the holding midfield role.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Never been any good at predicting but I’m pretty sure we won’t see a back four. Canning seems pretty set in his defensive set up. Up front I’d like to See Rojano start. At this stage of the season a draw isn’t good enough.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:38 am

Judging by some of the comments on PTFC.Net Jags Forum,we would be as well not turning up as "NONE of our players are good enough to play in their first eleven",we need to " go back where we came from" and the result will be a "foregone conclusion" if Thistle play to their strengths.

In the real world,play a back four and we can beat any bottom six side.Even if we sneak a result tomorrow,the formation this season has cost us many goals and points.The first rule of thumb for me is to have a miserly defence(copyright Mr Levein) and build from there;with a former centre half as Manager this should be a given...it is anything but.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 am

Usual Admission £22 Adults £12 Concs Season Books Valid - McCarthy & McArthur Suite open 12-2:45pm and again after the match.

Let’s get right behind the boys today a massive match for us all!
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Canning out
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:16 pm

What's that team selection all about?
Why no Skondras?
4 centre backs and 3 strikers!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Looks like we are expecting a direct long ball game from both teams
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Vital.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Result!

I'll take that. Scrappy. Not much in it. But three points is three points. The kind of outcome we were overdue.

I'd like to see their penalty award again, and compare it with the three claims (at least) that we had. But we scored the only goals from open play. And Woods more than made up for last week's howler, with a one-handed save worth two precious points. Good performances over the 90 from Woods, Thomas, Ferguson, Templeton and Rojano.

As I said, I like beating Partick. GIRUY, jaggies.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Auld yin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Woods howler as Willie put did not cost us the game but today's save certainly earn us two extra points, one mistake in 49 games that he has cost a goal but how many saves made that gained us points, class today
Auld yin
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:53 pm

As Auld Yin says Woods ensured 3 points today. Probably our most consistent performer over the last few seasons. Would you want to play behind that defence? Anyway very happy to take all 3 points with County and Dundee losing again. Saris though, he is a liability in defence.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby BeeMcphee » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:23 am

I thought Sarris after his initial bomb scare penalty and silly arguing had a really good game when pushed out to right back. Yesterday showed we were better as a back 4 than we are when we play 3 centre half, when we went to 3 CB's in the 2nd half we continually were getting beat over the top and couldn't win a 2nd ball.

Rojano and Mario's could be a decent partnership but too often then were challenging for the same ball or making the a run into the same position which was frustrating for the likes of templeton who was looking for the final ball which should have been made by either one of them pulling defenders away rather than making the same runs. But I guess it's a work in progress.

Ferguson was good yesterday and brilliant in the winning goal.

A massive 3 points and signs of something to build on.
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby BeeMcphee » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:28 am

Forgot to mention Dougie who was absolute rank rotten apart from his corner for the Rojano goal. He can't defend, he was a non event going forward. All he did was moan and pass on the blame of his own mistakes. An absolute terrible performance from the club captain. For me he is not good enough and yet is almost guaranteed his game when fit.

The problem is he can have 3 or 4 stinkers in a row and then pill out a good performance and all is forgiven. I heard Sarris and Mcmann getting pelters yesterday from some of the fans around me yet nobody dares to have a go at Dougie.
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Next

Return to Match Day Archives