Fans Forum

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Fans Forum

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:19 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Its STV not sky Willie. An interesting read. It would seem Fergie’s last stand spoke to someone who knew about the interview before it was published. The club have moved their psoition I think from their inital stance which was the bank were responsible and should reimburse the club to we accept half the blame so give us half back.

Sorry, my mis-read.

Tweet says
Hamilton Accies are planning legal action against the Royal Bank of Scotland after falling victim to a £1m scam last year.

Story is here: https://stv.tv/news/west-central/140769 ... ign=buffer

Looks like this is headed to court.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Its STV not sky Willie. An interesting read. It would seem Fergie’s last stand spoke to someone who knew about the interview before it was published. The club have moved their psoition I think from their inital stance which was the bank were responsible and should reimburse the club to we accept half the blame so give us half back.

Sorry, my mis-read.

Tweet says
Hamilton Accies are planning legal action against the Royal Bank of Scotland after falling victim to a £1m scam last year.

Story is here: https://stv.tv/news/west-central/140769 ... ign=buffer

Looks like this is headed to court.

The part that says Ronnie is determained to avoid administration worries me. The fact now he has said the word plus also if we fail with the courts we are looking likely to enter administration. A complete and utter mess
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Looks like this is headed to court.

So we're going to throw away the money we got for Docherty!

As it said in the report "The employee - sole authorised user of the club's Bankline accounts "

Why would any organisation of this size have a SOLE authoriser?

The loss is down to lack of controls/management, and any money spent on legal action will be wasted.

If we have no money, who is funding the legal action?
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:43 pm

The interview says the club lost £989,000 but that they have recovered some so the club are looking for 800,000 back. So they recovered £189,000? The club have received the Uefa payment money which was over 300k. On top of that they have sold Docherty and will have received part payment say 100k. By my crappy maths we have taken in over half a million since the scam. We were told at the start, that the reason so much was in the accounts was it was being stockpiled for future projects including a five a side pitch. As far as I can see the club has money to cover the running costs and if the bank gives 400k back that might allow for the projects. We were also told that the directors had put money in and there was no fear that we could meet wages etc. Now there is a hint of administration. Quite what the truth is is anybodies guess. In any other business the chief executive would have gone. Oh wait he'’s not an authorised internet account signatory !!!
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm

We have to be careful here of what we say about this situation on this forum, now that two individuals have given it media coverage and where there appears be more than one interpretation of what said, or happened.

Short answer is that we appear to have a major cash flow issue with possibly nowhere near enough to trade to the end of the season, where 'administration' was suggested somewhere. A 'Fire Sale' of Docherty, others released from contracts, a search for new directors/sponsor's, none of this reads good.

Chairman indicates fans will now know more. Hopefully we get a date, very soon, now that our plight is on STV news.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm assuming the employee no longer works for the club. It doesn't seem like the reporter asked this question.

I don't see how we have no money, as previously said, we should have the Celtic windfall and some money already for Docherty.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Fergie's Last Stand » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:50 pm

I'm also led to believe RBS are very confident on their position. They have heard the position "me and all my friends will take all our other business away " many times before and take it with a pinch of salt , so there's no point even contemplating an Accies fans RBS boycott.

Having said all that there are still plenty of recent successful precedents of business compensation claims against RBS , which were initially vigorously opposed, so all may not be lost.
Fergie's Last Stand
Pub League

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Fergie's Last Stand wrote:I'm also led to believe RBS are very confident on their position. They have heard the position "me and all my friends will take all our other business away " many times before and take it with a pinch of salt , so there's no point even contemplating an Accies fans RBS boycott.

This is hilarious. As if RBS a multi million pound bank would care about losing a few hundred customers over this. :lol:
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Fergie's Last Stand » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 pm

I agree it's nonsense but I'm told that's what was said
Fergie's Last Stand
Pub League

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:02 pm

The Club will host a Forum, chaired by Ronnie MacDonald on Tuesday 20th February at the Stadium.
The Under 20’s have a home game v St Mirren kicking off at 6 o’clock.
The event will take place thereafter at 8 o’clock.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:32 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:The Club will host a Forum, chaired by Ronnie MacDonald on Tuesday 20th February at the Stadium.

Fantastic news Sean, looking forward to it and hope everyone can attend.

One thing I will say though, why not a Saturday?
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:04 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
AcciesFCSLO wrote:The Club will host a Forum, chaired by Ronnie MacDonald on Tuesday 20th February at the Stadium.

Possibly much less pressure on Chairman, not having to host visiting Team Directors/ sponsors etc. Also gives a marketing boost for under 20's game with potentially more fans attending.

Should be an interesting evening, although an 8pm k/o leaves perhaps only an hour or so of (difficult) questions to be fielded.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 pm

porcupine wrote:
PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:

Possibly much less pressure on Chairman, not having to host visiting Team Directors/ sponsors etc. Also gives a marketing boost for under 20's game with potentially more fans attending.

Should be an interesting evening, although an 8pm k/o leaves perhaps only an hour or so of (difficult) questions to be fielded.

I didn't think of that, it does make sense then.

I'll be there and i hope majority of the people on here will be too.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Stupid time and stupid day. Why not have it 12 b4 the thistle game? Les Gray held a forum with no problem at all on a Saturday b4 a Killie game last year.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:33 pm

One for the SLO,

Do we know who is going to be on the panel? I assume Ronnie, Les and hopefully Canzo but is there any chance of a player or two? I think it would be good to hear their opinions on matters like the pitch.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:44 pm

So, the fraud, pitch, players coming and going in January, Sarris at firhill, boardroom changes, Preston North End’s non existent bid for Devlin, Rangers fans in home end, club shop, merchandise lack of card facility again!!!

Anything else to bring up tonight? Or anyone not going to make it who wants points raised?
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:39 pm

I’m going but I’ll let some one else ask why the CEO hasnt been sacked for allowing a single internet account authorisation!!!!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Couldnt care less about the Devlin thing but the rest are decent questions.
Gav
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:21 pm

looking forward to updates but expect it will be the usual smoke and mirrors and no actual answers to questions put forward just we are a wee diddy club punching above our weight
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 pm

No danger of administration sufficient funds in place. Lawyers representing the club against RBS seem to be on some kind of no win no fee deal, new artificial pitch in the summer same standard as the Edinburgh indoor facility, new 7 a side pitch where the little sheep pen pitch is opposite the main stand, covered indoor facility behind goals when we have the money, docherty wanted to go and we got the fee we wanted (60% up front) and a 20% sell on fee. Crawford wants to look at his options in summer no new contract club have no problem with this, in discussions with temps and his agent, seem genuinely surprised re old firm fans in the home section promised to do something about it, on the commercial side eg shop, web site didn’t seem that bothered, bank won’t give us debit card terminals.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies