False Economy

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

False Economy

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:12 am

Well January looks again to have been a disaster for all Accies fans.Established and proven players out the door to be replaced by unfit foreign journeymen and youngsters when what we need is proven players who can hit the ground running.For example,the released Paul Paton of St.Johnstone-you never know.

Looking at Social Media the despondency among fans will probably lead to ever decreasing attendance in the Home End and with no correspondence from the Club or any Fans Forum then we have to ask what is the End Game here?

Slip down meekly to The Championship and that will be it for plenty fans and the reason being is that it is seen as easily avoidable... like in Billy Reid's last season.

If this is the case and to be fair, I don't think it is,then surely a punt for experienced players would be more cost effective as if we go down there will be no decent away supports,an ever decreasing home support,less revenue from Sponsorship/TV/Hospitality and decreased media coverage.

A Fans Forum is now needed URGENTLY as the silence is defeaning and the fans need answers;there is no "feel good factor" among the fans and The BOD need to explain a whole plethora of issues.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: False Economy

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:36 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote: Slip down meekly to The Championship and that will be it for plenty fans and the reason being is that it is seen as easily avoidable... like in Billy Reid's last season.

I agree with most of that except this, being relegated is no excuse to stop attending games if you are an accies fan. We are expected to be in a relegation fight every season.

If we do go down and show some ambition to go back up first time as champions next season i would expect the crowds to increase if anything...
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 am

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote: Slip down meekly to The Championship and that will be it for plenty fans and the reason being is that it is seen as easily avoidable... like in Billy Reid's last season.

I agree with most of that except this, being relegated is no excuse to stop attending games if you are an accies fan. We are expected to be in a relegation fight every season.

If we do go down and show some ambition to go back up first time as champions next season i would expect the crowds to increase if anything...

Yes, experience shows many of our fans prefer being a big team in the second tier to struggling in the top tier.

There are also the "parachute payments" to consider - the relegated team gets financial help for two seasons.

But I'd rather be where we are, playing the big teams week-in-week-out.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:41 am

I have no desire to EVER return to the Championship as quite frankly it is more enjoyable playing our near neighbours in the top League and in the long run it is easier to attract fans -never mind keep existing fans in the top tier.

To meekly go down and stay down for years will only confirm our perceived status as a lesser club in comparison with our neighbours.One can already perceive the banners "Lanarkshire's only Premier Club" being prepared if this is the case.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:26 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I have no desire to EVER return to the Championship as quite frankly it is more enjoyable playing our near neighbours in the top League and in the long run it is easier to attract fans -never mind keep existing fans in the top tier.

To meekly go down and stay down for years will only confirm our perceived status as a lesser club in comparison with our neighbours.One can already perceive the banners "Lanarkshire's only Premier Club" being prepared if this is the case.

Glasgow falls within Lanarkshire, so there are a few Premier clubs in the county.....
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby Rojano » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 am

Hmmm , there are four clubs in lanarkshire . And Glasgow isnt in lanarkshire.
Rojano
Pub League

Postby Euan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:51 am

Kings Park Avenue less than 2 miles from Hampden is in Lanarkshire.
Rutherglen about 2 miles from Celtic Park is in Lanarkshire
Some Glasgow addresses are in Lanarkshire
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:25 am

There are 4 clubs in Lanarkshire but only 1 in South Lanarkshire!
Queens Park and Shellick are only a couple of miles from South Lanarkshire but are firmly in Glasgow.
We could soon have 3 in South Lanarkshire however if East Kilbride get into the league through the play offs (not that unlikely) and Clyde move back to somewhere this side of the Glasgow / South Lanarkshire border (unlikely but not impossible)
So there's our banner (only league club in South Lanarkshire) if we ever wanted to market the club to the public (I wish that was likely for next season)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Rojano wrote:Hmmm , there are four clubs in lanarkshire.

Bluesy wrote:There are 4 clubs in Lanarkshire but only 1 in South Lanarkshire!

Actually there are five: 4 in North Lanarkshire, 1 in South Lanarkshire.

My guess is folks are forgetting Clyde (as well as Albion Rovers, Airdire and Motherwell).

But the chant "We're the pride of South Lanarkshire" doesn't scan so well...
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies