Motherwell .V. Accies - CUP MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Motherwell .V. Accies - CUP MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:48 pm

What kind of idiot would give an 18 year old his debut in a game like this?
If anyone can Canning can!
#CLUELESS.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Ferguson has done a lot better than some of the others - Donati and McMann especially.
Gav
Championship

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Maybe we will try 2nd half?
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Not Canning's fault that McMann does whatever that was and Gogic makes a handful of mistakes in the minute before their penalty.
Look at the bench today - the options were horrendous. They were all completely off the pace except perhaps MacKinnon.
He essentially played the same way as the previous derby but Motherwell pressed us a lot higher which nullified Donati and forced us into terrible punts up the park.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Problem today wasn't Canning-the game was lost in the Boardroom due to the decisions taken there.

Canning had his hands tied behind his back with a Subs bench of "who are they?" players and no strikers on the bench.

A poor performance bar a couple of chances either side of half-time although we beat ourselves with the two goals.At the game ,I was unhappy with Bingham being subbed,but perhaps Canning was looking ahead to two games this week as if he gets injured we have no one else.

What this lot in the Boardroom forget is that a win in this round could have led to a big tie in the next round with possible TV money which would more than make up for playing the likes of Crawford/Docherty.

End of the day if the likes of Crawford/Docherty are throwing the dummy out-let them go.Furthermore,the Greek boy could have been at least on the bench and played some part today

That today was a kick in the face for all Accies fans-disgraceful...Eighty Seven years and counting.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:What kind of idiot would give an 18 year old his debut in a game like this?
If anyone can Canning can!
#CLUELESS.

Ummmm....We had Mcarthur playing at 16. The kids played better than some of the players with over 100 pro games.

Anyways.
One of the most dire performances on record, feels like 2015 *second half* all over again. 10. I feel like a broken fucking record, this wingback system is SIMPLY SOMETHING WE CANNOT DO AS A TEAM ON A CONSISTENT BASIS. The space left in this system was punished in our last game vs Well and again in this half they had great success just lobbing down the wing.
Goal 1 - I know I have been harsh on Mcmann for his passing predominantly and defending secondary, this however was McMann at his best, terribly over hit ball at a terrible angle. IMO he simply is not good enough, when was the last time we had a competent LB?! Maybe a switch to a flat 4 with a sweeper could take some of the pressure from him but he just simply right now looks more like a championship player.
Donati - I've been a fan of him, however he was trying far too hard to be cute with a lot of his passing, when instead we needed him to be more of an aggressive ball winner.
2nd Goal, poor communication for the 200303939th time between Tomas/Gogic, both going for the same header, with poor covering for a cross and a lazy lunge from Gogic. No idea if the player made the most of it or not, but diving in when he was gonna struggle to get a show off is a sign of Gogic still learning to be a defender.

Rakish/Templeton, this is a failed experiment. Templeton and Rojano also prove to be very ineffective. I think Templeton should be dropped back to either a winger or a high attacking midfield. Templeton managed to get the ball to his feet a lot, however his slump in form is continuing, teams get wise to his trickery and just double up on him. Rakish tried but again with the last game, he was man marked by the human tank and unable to get much running going.
Lyon - Pointless, yet given a contract extension. Ferguson showed some good runs, however looks a mile off the pace.

I don't know what else to say, tactically Canning AGAIN fails to provide any answer. The wingback system was quickly becoming a flat 5 by the last 20 minutes, leaving any sort of counter attack not worth a pot of piss, with zero support on the wings.
Redmond - Why the fuck isn't he a started? He's the easy replacement for Ali.

Accies deserved fuck all, outwith Tomas *who made a tonne of great headed clearances* I couldn't name a player who looked worth the jersey. Fucking woeful, I felt robbed of my 15 quid

If the rumours are true that Ali/Doc are both leaving and that is the best squad we have, we look pretty fucked.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby BeeMcphee » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Today was a shambles. The only thing I can blame canning for was the lack of urgency having a go at it 2nd half, it's the cup, who cares if it 2-0 or 10-0. Mcmann OG was a freak goal bit time and time again he makes mistakes that cost us. I actually thought he was half decent after the honking start. Get Donati out my club, he is a waste of a jersey and a wage. He brings absolute nothing to the team apart from a reputation he once had. Ferguson had an ok game and let's hope he can kick on and become a replacement for either doc or Crawford. For me what is showed today was the lack of depth we have as a squad. Hopefully Ronnie and Les could also see this and ensure we bring in players before he window closes, especially a centre back and a striker. All in all a crap day but as soon as I saw the squad today I had resigned myself to a defeat. I hope we have a better squad to choose from for the visit of Hearts!!
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:06 am

Sad fact is we NEVER have been a Cup team and NEVER will be.
Clubs with a far shorter history than Accies,(the late Gretna, Inverness CT to name but 2) have a far better record in the tournament over a relatively short period of time than we have in the last century.
Ffs Airdrie equalled Accies 2 Cup final appearances in 1911 and 1935 in the space of a few years.
We are destined to NEVER win the Scottish Cup.
Pub team right enough.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:25 pm

For those of you who were lucky enough to not have attended, here's a highlight video from MFC youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCtgvUAJEgc

Pretty much highlights how poor we are. The small chances we did create, wrong choices were made.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Problem today wasn't Canning-the game was lost in the Boardroom due to the decisions taken there.

Canning had his hands tied behind his back with a Subs bench of "who are they?" players and no strikers on the bench.

Maybe get yourself along to a few development games then and you'll know "who they are" instead of "who are they".

Thought Ferguson done fine for his first start. Got about the pitch and done some good closing down and not scared to use the ball when he got it.

Just needs to be a more street wise in when to shut down and when to drop off but that will come with more games.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Considering this is the first season in five I haven't attended under 20 games regularly,your comment is out of order.

I know who they are-have watched them plenty in under 20's and 4-5 times this season and comment still stands.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Well said YOH.
You sure put him in his place.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:27 pm

So first you asked 'who are they' and next you're saying you know 'who they are'

Was the 'who are they' comment a cheap dig at someone when you've just told everyone you knew who they were.

And as someone who 'knows their stuff' you'll know that accies have a steady history of having a bench full of promising youngsters on occassions.

Just for you YOH

Mon 29/1/18 Development League Hearts Home (NDP, 7pm)
Thurs 1/2/18 Development League at Celtic Away (rearranged from 28 August) (Lennoxtown Astro, 6pm)
Tue 13/2/18 Development League at Kilmarnock Away
Tue 20/2/18 Development League St Mirren Home (NDP, 7pm)
Mon 26/2/18 Development League at Motherwell Away (rearranged from 22 January)
Tue 6/3/18 Development League at Aberdeen Away
Tue 13/3/18 Development League Hibernian Home (NDP, 7pm)
Tue 20/3/18 Development League at Falkirk Away
Tue 27/3/18 Development League Ross County Home (NDP, 2pm)
Tue 3/4/18 Development League at Dundee Away
Tue 10/4/18 Development League Motherwell Home (NDP, 7pm)
Tue 17/4/18 Development League at St Johnstone Away
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:50 pm

If you actually read the initial post I posted ,Big Wurzil you will see I was having a go at the fact we had a bench stuffed with players who will be unknown outside Accies and also unknown to plenty of our own fans who don't follow the Under 20's religiously.

I suggest reading it again.You seem to have added 2+2 together to make 5.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 pm

Sock it to him YOH.
LOL.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 pm

YOH is right, nothing wrong with slating that bench tbh, Not Martins fault injuries and such hampered the team it looks like we are addressing this going forward by getting players in now.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 pm

Yeah can't wait to see the impact the striker from 20,000 leagues under the EPL will make.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives