January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January transfer window

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Whilst a long time servant to the club, as people have said, he was never going to get a first team regular place. I suppose this will just clear the way for more academy graduates to come through the club. Hopefully a championship club come in and pick him up, averaging over 30 appearances per season for the last 5 season *not including this one* he has the experience to benefit any team, whilst unfortunately not having the talent to stay within this division.

All the best to him, he was rarely seen without a smile.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:48 pm

judgeflash wrote:Whilst a long time servant to the club, as people have said, he was never going to get a first team regular place. I suppose this will just clear the way for more academy graduates to come through the club. Hopefully a championship club come in and pick him up, averaging over 30 appearances per season for the last 5 season *not including this one* he has the experience to benefit any team, whilst unfortunately not having the talent to stay within this division.

Not a first team regular any more. But I would say he was, right up to the end of last season.

Look at his squad number!
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
judgeflash wrote:Whilst a long time servant to the club, as people have said, he was never going to get a first team regular place. I suppose this will just clear the way for more academy graduates to come through the club. Hopefully a championship club come in and pick him up, averaging over 30 appearances per season for the last 5 season *not including this one* he has the experience to benefit any team, whilst unfortunately not having the talent to stay within this division.

Not a first team regular any more. But I would say he was, right up to the end of last season.

Look at his squad number!

Of course, however this in my opinion is the best squad of players we've had in a long time. Is he better than Redmond to slot into midfield? no. Is he better than Gogic for defensive cover when needed? nope. Unless someone gets injured badly I don't see him getting a start, especially with this insane wing back system we persevere with.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Or, ever giving less than 100% commitment to the jersey either.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Really did look like the next big thing for a while
A pity but better he gets game time somewhere else. A loan might suit him and us better because he clearly has (had) the talent. Agree with 100% and the smile
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 pm

STV reporting that Rangers have made a move for Docherty!
Shit!
That is not good at all - heard yesterday he was going nowhere but the move was today apparently.
If he does go would much prefer him to go down South
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Bluesy wrote:STV reporting that Rangers have made a move for Docherty!
Shit!
That is not good at all - heard yesterday he was going nowhere but the move was today apparently.
If he does go would much prefer him to go down South

The only surprise is anyone's surprised by this. The boy wants to go there, so if they want him it's only a question of agreeing a fee - and we need the money. As long as we get the money upfront.

I had hoped we could keep him to the end of the season. Maybe we still can. But this seems to be gaining momentum.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 pm

We wont want to do tic so Sevco isn’t a viable IMO. Would be happier if Cardiff or Ipswich do make an approach. Ideally with him staying on loan for the rest of the season if it is this month.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:13 am

Apparently a guy with an African or Caribbean accent telephoned the Club this afternoon claiming to represent one of the Clubs interested in Docherty.
He is said to have asked"the wee girl in the office" for the sort code and account number of Accies Current Account so he could deposit a substantial sum of money as a down payment on the impending transfer negotiations.
Sounds fair enough.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Accorfing to the press, well the Daily Rangers, they are lining up a £600,000 bid for Greg Docherty. Would love to know how a club that is so skint can afford him and the other players they are signing.

If we did get that for Greg, do we think he will go and is it a good deal for Accies.
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Disappointing, if Greg goes to Rangers. He’d do well there but if he stayed at Accies he’d develop further and help us while more likely ending up with a big move down South. Maybe he doesn’t want that and would be happy to sign for Rangers, let’s wait and see.
I’d hoped that Gillespie being told he could find another Club meant Greg was staying put as Gillespie would obviously fit into his midfield position should he go and both going would leave a gap in the squad.
Fingers crossed it’s a media rumour.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 am

No one wants to see Greg leave but the plus side is----- no matter who he ends up signing for------ the Club will be back on a sound financial footing and surely that's the priority.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:No one wants to see Greg leave but the plus side is----- no matter who he ends up signing for------ the Club will be back on a sound financial footing and surely that's the priority.

Amoutahere in sensible post shock!

None of us want Greg to go. We want him to be one of the greatest players in Scotland with us, leading Accies to success and trophies. But realistically it's not if he goes, it's when.

I still hope he's with us till the end of the season, but the problems are stacking up: we need the money; there's plenty of interest in him; he probably wants to go - and our policy is not to stand in anyone's way, which is one reason talented youngsters are willing to come to us in the first place.

I agree our preference would always be to sell outside Scotland, so the player sold isn't lining up against us. But if Greg wants to go to Rangers, it's more likely that'll happen - as long as we get the reported £600-700,000 up front, and as long as there are plenty of add-ons for appearances, caps, trophies, and of course a sell-on clause.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:40 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Amoutahere in sensible post shock!

His account must have been hacked by Nigerian bankers
Euan
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:if Greg wants to go to Rangers

There seems to be a general assumption that he wants to go to Ibrox, has there been any indication that this is true or is it based on his wishing Brian Laudrup happy birthday on twitter.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Euan wrote:
Willie Wastle wrote:if Greg wants to go to Rangers

There seems to be a general assumption that he wants to go to Ibrox, has there been any indication that this is true or is it based on his wishing Brian Laudrup happy birthday on twitter.

It's based on a lot more than that, Euan. You should take a read through his Twitter, and perhaps more significantly, his girlfriend's. No doubt where his allegiances lie.

But footballers aren't usually fans like the rest of us. For one thing, they haven't the opportunities to go to games regularly - they play rather than watch. Plenty of them these days defy their family allegiances and make club decisions based on what's best for their careers. If Greg has the chance to earn a lot more money at, say, Swansea, maybe he'll choose them over Rangers.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 pm

I’ve read a couple of his posts on twitter through links on the official Accies site, but not being a tweeter I’ve not seen more, but did notice the Laudrup one.
I’d assumed he grew up a Rangers fan, but didn’t know for certain and wasn’t sure if others were making the same jump or if he’d actually come out and said so.
My signed Docherty top might become iconic in my Larkhall practice should the Rangers move come about, but I’d still prefer him to move South, and at the end of the season not before.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:30 am

Best thing to happen is a bidding war to develop then The Rangers FC will be priced out the market.

PS, Don't get too used to the sensible posts.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Murty has acknowledged that he's going to be bidding in the next 48 hours.
Apparently Accies are wanting closer to 1mil plus sell on clause.

REALLY disappointed if he goes to Rangers. I mean, if the likes of Swansea came calling then it'd be easier to swallow. He wouldn't be guaranteed a place in that fluctuating Rangers team and the money will be better down south for him. I am genuinely surprised Celtic didn't make the approach as a replacement for Brown, Greg has the same work ethic and captain qualities.

If he goes this month or *in summer* we are going to have ONE HELLUVA depleted midfield in Summer. Ali is 99% not going to re-resign a contract. Leaving us with regulars of Mackinnon (32) - Dougie (35) Donati (37) - Daniel Redmond and Darren Lyon *Someone I really don't rate* .
Either our new crop of youngsters are gonna have to massively step up or we are gonna have to invest in some fresh personnel...on top of our need for defenders, ugh.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:18 pm

judgeflash wrote:If he goes this month or *in summer* we are going to have ONE HELLUVA depleted midfield in Summer. Ali is 99% not going to re-resign a contract. Leaving us with regulars of Mackinnon (32) - Dougie (35) Donati (37) - Daniel Redmond and Darren Lyon *Someone I really don't rate* .
Either our new crop of youngsters are gonna have to massively step up or we are gonna have to invest in some fresh personnel...on top of our need for defenders, ugh.

You missed out ... Kozo!

Apparently we were after Chrys Kozoronis for some time - maybe he's seen as the replacement for Greg?

Of the youngsters, a lot's been made recently of 18-year-old Lewis Ferguson.

It's the Accies way: players leave, and others arrive or come through the ranks. Greg will be a big loss (hopefully not till summer), but we'll move on.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies