January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January transfer window

Postby smc4761 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Think with the way our finances are we will simply sell to highest bidder. Hope he does not go, but think we will cash in.

If he does go to Rangers, which I think will be a bad move fro him, where are they getting all the money from. Every day we read that they are looking to sign new players. Not bad for a club losing thousands of £ per month.

If we do cash in will that be the end of our time in Premier League, as he is such a vital part of the team
smc4761
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 pm

smc4761 wrote:Think with the way our finances are we will simply sell to highest bidder. Hope he does not go, but think we will cash in.

If he does go to Rangers, which I think will be a bad move fro him, where are they getting all the money from. Every day we read that they are looking to sign new players. Not bad for a club losing thousands of £ per month.

If we do cash in will that be the end of our time in Premier League, as he is such a vital part of the team

They are going back to the ways of old. The likes of ManchesterUnited have hundreds of millions owed in debt, it is a 'manageable debt' though. Something Rangers are probably banking on is getting a sniff at some european competitions in the very near future. I prefer how our club work *minus the gross negligence of monies lost recently* we keep our outgoings low and try to promote from within, mixing some young talent with experienced journeymen is proving its worth and may be an example to other scottish clubs.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Scott18 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:44 am

Must sign right back, centre back and striker ASAP
Scott18
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Jordan Mcgregor has also now been released. Very questionable signing who was given a FURTHER contract extension in 2017 till may 2018. I am all for gambling on a promising youngster, however this seems to be another lost cause.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 pm

The club have announced we have signed Chrysovalantis Kozoronis from PAS Giannina :D
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Darren Lyon has agreed a new contract to 2021. Surely I am not the only person that fails to be impressed by him??
I'm hoping they'll soon announce extensions for Templeton/Woods/Skondras/Redmond.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:50 pm

The club have announced we have signed Chrysovalantis Kozoronis from PAS Giannina :D, said Pride of Lanarkshire

I thought that was a wind up but no it is true, signed for 18 months

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42636637
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Was agreed months ago.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 pm

5'10"+

Taller than most of our midfielders!
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:5'10"+

I just hope he's ready to start without adjustment time. He's played 60 games in the past 2 and a half years. My slight worry is he's not played a professional game since November.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiZcFSVALEw

Here;s a highlight video so you can all see what we are getting.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 am

judgeflash wrote:

I just hope he's ready to start without adjustment time. He's played 60 games in the past 2 and a half years. My slight worry is he's not played a professional game since November.

He's from the same agent as Skondras, Sarris, Gogic and Tomas which will hopefully mean he is good enough for the first team.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 pm

judgeflash wrote:

He certainly doesn't look like a "defensive midfielder" in those clips! All keeping possession, intercepting, flicks-on, long-range shots and free kicks.

If he can bring a fraction of what's shown there into the Scottish game, he'll do well for us.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 pm

He's from the same agent as Skondras, Sarris, Gogic and Tomas
[/quote]

Had to be... Too much of a co-incidence, but bring 'em on.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 pm

He's always wanted to play for Accies since his childhood days in Heraklion.
And hates Motherwell too.
FTW.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:22 am

Gillespie has been told to find a new club
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am

Now, that's a surprise to me. A decent squad player for cover in multiple positions. Has it been a recurring injury?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Grant Gillespie's contract's up in the summer and he's been slipping down the pecking order for a while. Once seen as the next James McCarthy, for a long time shoehorned into several positions just to be in the team. But now no longer a likely starter when everyone's fit.

When was his last MOTM performance? When did he last do anything eye-catching like a goal or an assist or a last gasp tackle, clearance or intervention? Versatile, yes, but poor at left back, not great at right back, and must be about 5th or 6th in line for a central midfield start in what I assume is his preferred position. I'm afraid it looks like time's up for Grant, and at 26 he hasn't quite made it. He could be a first team regular for a Championship side, so it's probably in his best interest to move on.

If he goes, he should go with all our best wishes, as a faithful long-term servant. 9 seasons in the first team squad, 6 of them in the top flight. More than 200 first team appearances, just 5 goals.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:58 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Grant Gillespie's contract's up in the summer and he's been slipping down the pecking order for a while. Once seen as the next James McCarthy, for a long time shoehorned into several positions just to be in the team. But now no longer a likely starter when everyone's fit.

When was his last MOTM performance? When did he last do anything eye-catching like a goal or an assist or a last gasp tackle, clearance or intervention? Versatile, yes, but poor at left back, not great at right back, and must be about 5th or 6th in line for a central midfield start in what I assume is his preferred position. I'm afraid it looks like time's up for Grant, and at 26 he hasn't quite made it. He could be a first team regular for a Championship side, so it's probably in his best interest to move on.

If he goes, he should go with all our best wishes, as a faithful long-term servant. 9 seasons in the first team squad, 6 of them in the top flight. More than 200 first team appearances, just 5 goals.

Well said. One screamer at Tannadice and one of the penalties at Easter Road. And a bit more besides.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Grant Gillespie's contract's up in the summer and he's been slipping down the pecking order for a while. Once seen as the next James McCarthy, for a long time shoehorned into several positions just to be in the team. But now no longer a likely starter when everyone's fit.

Yes, WW, that's a really good summary of Grant's time with us. All the best for his future in football.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:

Well said. One screamer at Tannadice and one of the penalties at Easter Road. And a bit more besides.

I'd actually forgotten the penalty in the play off. That was huge. He stepped up really well. And it won't be counted in his 5 goal tally.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies