Partick Thistle .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Partick Thistle .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:57 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Rojano is shite

Could have told you that while the Club were in perpetual motion with the red tape pish.
Could have saved themselves all the hassle and got a better goalscorer a lot closer to home in Stephen Dobbie of QOS for a lot less trouble.
Pish result today masterminded by Clueless Calamity Canning.
Canning Out.
Merry Xmas.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Yet another rotten display of football. Where to start? The seats are shocking, it was like Rugby park, I'm not the tallest and my shins were pressed hard against the seat in front of me. PISH.
As I stated last week Sarris-Tomas ARE NOT THE PAIRING TO HAVE AT THE BACK. Mcmann came back to add to the three stooges routine. Gifting ridiculous opportunities through lazy passing is just too common. The theme of unable to defend crosses is still haunting us in Canning-Era-Accies. Surely this should be drilled to fucking death by now. Gogic HAS to start at CB, he's nowhere near good enough but he at least has the legs to cover distances without a 10 yard head start.

The formation - It has to be changed up, Partick changed from a flat four to five at times, always ensuring sufficient support was had in midfield. Whereas we have Lyon *WHO WAS GIVEN A CONTRACT TO 2020 NOW?!?!* running aimlessly down the wing and leaving massive gaps as he did and Dougie, who made some very poor passes, but at least was tracking back. We play this wide formation yet never seem to be able to take advantage of it. Teams must genuinely love the tactical build up against us, as they know EXACTLY what to expect.
Rojano/Templeton side by side just isn't going to work with the current balls being delivered from midfield/defense. Rojano proves his power by being able to hold up the ball, but he is not supported closely enough by Templeton, or from an attacking midfield.
Templeton had the best opportunity from nothing by striking the bar, but again was trying FAR too hard, his cute turns tore the defenders a new one early on, they however got wise to his act by the end and he gave away possession consecutively.
The switch of bringing on Ali/Bingham was in vain, I thought Bingham should've replaced templeton OR put templeton on the right, Bingham on the left and play Rojano through the middle with a 4-3-3.
I can only hope Cannning will switch to a back 4, our wing backs are either too far up the pitch or chasing balls in the middle, or sitting in a flat 5 welcoming attacks.

That was the poorest Thistle side I've seen in a VERY long time, yet they managed to have better chances, all because of the ineptitude of some of our players.

We will have to wait till the end of the January sale for something to happen, we however REALLY need to invest in a winger who has the legs to do the work we require, a competent CB *Who knows how long till mikey can hit form again* and a playmaker in midfield, since Ali is probably going and Canning REFUSES to GIVE MASSIMO A FUCKING CHANCE AT IT. Frustrating to say the least. Bit Ranty, sorry.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Donati is finished. I would far rather see Hughes, Cunningham or Ferguson from the u20s.
Gav
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Gav wrote:Donati is finished. I would far rather see Hughes, Cunningham or Ferguson from the u20s.

We NEED experienced guys like Donati in the middle of our team, he shows composure and can help manipulate a game and pace. Our younger midfielders would learn from the likes of Massimo if brushing shoulders with him more often, the fact he has I believe 2 years left on his contract, makes me think he's not quite 'finished'
Our distribution from Sarris-Tomas-Mcmann-Dougie-Lyon was hopeless on saturday. Greg whilst driving with great runs also was misplacing a lot, same to be said for Daz. A holding midfielder with experience like Donati can take the pressure off in the middle and pick out passes.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:26 pm

All I want for Christmas is Canning Out.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby BeeMcphee » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:29 pm

judgeflash wrote:
Gav wrote:Donati is finished. I would far rather see Hughes, Cunningham or Ferguson from the u20s.

We NEED experienced guys like Donati in the middle of our team, he shows composure and can help manipulate a game and pace. Our younger midfielders would learn from the likes of Massimo if brushing shoulders with him more often, the fact he has I believe 2 years left on his contract, makes me think he's not quite 'finished'
Our distribution from Sarris-Tomas-Mcmann-Dougie-Lyon was hopeless on saturday. Greg whilst driving with great runs also was misplacing a lot, same to be said for Daz. A holding midfielder with experience like Donati can take the pressure off in the middle and pick out passes.

Donati brings absolutely nothing to the team. The quicker people stop hanging on to the dream he is as good as he was when he played for septic the better. Absolute waste of a wage!!
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:15 pm

BeeMcphee wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Donati brings absolutely nothing to the team. The quicker people stop hanging on to the dream he is as good as he was when he played for septic the better. Absolute waste of a wage!!

That will be the same Donati who was one of the best players on the pitch at Parkhead a few weeks ago you are talking about I take it.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:05 pm

That will be the same Donati who was one of the best players on the pitch at Parkhead a few weeks ago you are talking about I take it.

People have VERY short memories. Donati at centre midfield or holding midfield would be great for us, taking the pressure off the shit balls from Mcmann/Tomas and co. Donati is worthy of time on the pitch.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:32 pm

As long as he is in midfield, Donati is a very valuable player to have.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:39 pm

Aside from debut and Dens away at the end of last season I don't recall Donati having a good game for us in midfield, plays far too deep, doesn't drive, tackle or shutdown and although his passing at times reminds you that he has played at a high level (that low driven diagonal pass he plays is a thing of beauty) more often than not he is playing the kind of loose pass that Sarris or McMann would blush at. His best displays haven been as part of a 3 man central defence and even then they've been average at best.

A player who (if his rumoured wage is to be believed) has been in terms of value a Richard Roy type of signing but gets by on reputation.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:Aside from debut and Dens away at the end of last season I don't recall Donati having a good game for us in midfield, plays far too deep, doesn't drive, tackle or shutdown and although his passing at times reminds you that he has played at a high level (that low driven diagonal pass he plays is a thing of beauty) more often than not he is playing the kind of loose pass that Sarris or McMann would blush at. His best displays haven been as part of a 3 man central defence and even then they've been average at best.

A player who (if his rumoured wage is to be believed) has been in terms of value a Richard Roy type of signing but gets by on reputation.

I have to disagree.
I'd love a flat 4 - With Massimo and Daz as holding midfielders, allowing Greg and Redmond*or crawford* to play higher up. Massimo is ALWAYS looking for the ball, moving into openings, which takes a lot of pressure off our goof driven defenders such as Tomas/Mcmann.
You also have to remember, complaining about Massimo staying deep isn't solely down to him, I am pretty sure Canning is asking him to plug that hole and keep it plugged. He's even done a decent job at CB when asked. I think with his experience, he should be given a few games in a working position and let us see if he is worth his contract.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:30 am

His positioning alone makes up for his lack of pace. He is an intelligent player who can often find small gaps in between midfielders to feed into the strikers' feet, which is why I think we could see him doing well with Templeton up front, who absolutely loves taking a pass into feet and spinning defenders.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:03 am

Fcuk the Well.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives