Club statement

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Club statement

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:36 am

Yet another reason to hate RBS.
Why don't the feckers just pay Accies the £836k out of the millions set aside for their PPI mis-selling.
Or take it from that bawbag Fred the Shreds pension fund.
I'm starting to hate RBS more than MFC.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 am

porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:53 am

Posted by John Brown (new Director) on LinkedIn:

I have sat with the Board of Directors and established the £1 million pound that was earmarked for 8 projects that have already
been given the green light to go ahead.

We have slightly stalled to see where and how we are going to raise the shortfall in these projects.

The shortfall between now and May is £495,685.

We will be looking at an extensive funding programme. Writing applications, running events, looking for sponsorship, donations from fans, individuals and businesses.

Building a brighter future for all our customers.

We will be naming all the projects and the funding that is required to suit the timescales of commitment.
Our first and Major project was the indoor pitch at the end of the stadium.
The cost is £348,000
We would like a main sponsor to name the indoor stadium after their business.
Accies are an approved Youth Academy alongside. Celtic, Rangers and Hearts.
We require the indoor stadium to continue our growth in our Youth Policy..

If you have any ideas who would like to sponsor this Youth Academy Arena. Please
contact me.

Any fundraisers that have good cause and looking to donate please contact me.

ceo@lifeskillscentres.com

Thanks for your continuous support.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Does anyone know anything about the fans group who put up the brilliant banner outside Morrisons and where they got the figure of £919,069 from?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:41 pm

So why does somebody interested in sponsoring Hamilton Accies FC, have to email someone at lifeskillscentres. Can't we even afford our own email addresses!!

IF I were interested in sponsoring, I would want any enquiry to be confidential within Hamilton Accies only. Who knows who else at lifeskillscentres has access to such information.

This is yet another example of the sheer amateurism that led to the loss of such a significant amount of money!

Don't blame RBS - blame the directors!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:10 pm

It looks like his personal business email address, as CEO of lifeskills. It’ll go directly to him, not readable by random lifeskills employees.

It’s more professional than putting out his own one eg johnbrown@outlook.co.uk and if he’s in charge of sponsorship then it’s him you want to speak to.

Admittedly he could have set up a new one, they’re free, but maybe he felt that would be more of a hassle.

Hopefully we get some major sponsorship to move things forward regarding the ‘dome’
Euan
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:50 pm

And some decent scouts like mfc while they are at it.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Wonder what is happening with this now.. i understand RBS aren't wiling to give any money back, so what's next?
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Wonder what is happening with this now.. i understand RBS aren't wiling to give any money back, so what's next?

A court case, however with the current predicament regarding monies, I don't think Hamilton would be willing to risk the cost of a lengthy case against RBS, which they will likely lose.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:05 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Wonder what is happening with this now.. i understand RBS aren't wiling to give any money back, so what's next?

I don't see us going to court.

Looks to me like the Directors have written it off, and are covering the loss themselves, perhaps with extra help from John Brown's fundraising efforts. It's a big hit, but does signing a new Greek midfielder on an 18 month contract indicate it isn't as potentially damaging as we first feared?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Todays statement is crazy. Systems are very robust yet 1 person was able to transfer £1m to 26 different bank accounts despite having had 2 warnings. We can kiss goodbye to that cash.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:34 pm

I find it incredible that given the sums of money we are talking about that these transaction were not sanctioned by a Director , may be the club stalwart was a Director?? I've not heard any names mentioned of who the individual was / is and I don't suppose that matters now.

Accies have been really naive here , what are the procedures in place for authorising payment transactions ???!!
If they have given authority for that individual to make ALL the financial transactions no matter the value then that is a crazy situation.
Wonder if Directors in the club allow their own businesses to be run this way.

While I feel the bank should probably "do the honorable thing" and refund some money I just can't see that happening, we've well and truly shot ourselves in the foot.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Even more detail contained in this story.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/140777 ... ked-by-lie
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Sounds bizarre. How could anyone fall for that.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 pm

So do I understand this right? Employee, not Director, has SOLE unlimited operational authority of Club's on-line bank accounts, although cheques need signed by two directors if over £1500?

Employee is scammed on Day 1 for £250K and makes NO contact with BOD members at any point (or overnight) to alert them of Bank transactions already through by then? Goes to work next day and continues the process when called by 'RBS' again??

Naw, not possible. Tell me where I've gone wrong here from the STV story line.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:20 pm

My thoughts exactly. Would like to see the club's "robust" financial procedures.
Gav
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 pm

I doubt anyone commenting on this thread is an expert in financial fraud. And I don't think we should rely on the details of the reporting - too many journalists are too quick to comment on the finances of football clubs, as though they were as simple a matter as reporting on the games (which we all disagree with anyway). Lots of conflicting and contradictory information out there, so who knows the truth?

I'll limit myself to two points:

1. Ronnie McDonald didn't become a millionaire businessman by making idle legal threats against big banks. If he's threatening legal action, he must think he has a reasonable chance of winning something. He may actually have sound legal advice to that effect.

2. I'm not going to speculate about what happened other than to ask a question that may or may not be related. When did Les Gray step down as Chairman and when did Ronnie resume that role? And why? Have we been told?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:I doubt anyone commenting on this thread is an expert in financial fraud. And I don't think we should rely on the details of the reporting - too many journalists are too quick to comment on the finances of football clubs, as though they were as simple a matter as reporting on the games (which we all disagree with anyway). Lots of conflicting and contradictory information out there, so who knows the truth?

I'll limit myself to two points:

1. Ronnie McDonald didn't become a millionaire businessman by making idle legal threats against big banks. If he's threatening legal action, he must think he has a reasonable chance of winning something. He may actually have sound legal advice to that effect.

2. I'm not going to speculate about what happened other than to ask a question that may or may not be related. When did Les Gray step down as Chairman and when did Ronnie resume that role? And why? Have we been told?

I'm no financial expert but I'm pretty sure I heard with my own ears Colin McGowan saying it's half our fault the money went missing. So it's went from it wasn't our fault at 1st to its half our fault so just give us half the money back and we'll call it quits. Good luck with that in court.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:06 pm

I think Les stood down as chair during the close season and we were told. He’s now on the SPFL board and couldn’t do both so Ronnie took back over as chair.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby BeeMcphee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 pm

I work for a bank and I deal with fraud on a daily basis. And I can tell you right now if RBS have questioned 2 fraudulent transactions and we have advised them to make the payment then we must take most of if not all of the blame.

I can only comment based on what has been reported but if the money has been authorised and the finds are going to the same place over and over again why would they question this repeatedly. It should have been stopped immediately when they contacted the club. The bank can only do so much.

This would of easily been avoided if the club had a different signing arrangement i.e if one person gives the payment instruction a 2nd person from the club will need to be verified and then authorise the payment. This is basics, why we have given someone sole authority is beyond me.

I don't care how successful in business Ronnie or Les is this is just pure naivety on their part.

The fact that they let Mcgowan go on the Tele and talk about it as if he has any clue what he is talking about is an embarrassment.
BeeMcphee
Pub League

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies