Brophy

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Brophy

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:23 am

Questioned at the time why he was allowed to leave.
3 goals in 2 games for his new Club suggests this was a BIG mistake by Guardiola Canning.
Steve Clarke rates him more than Calamity ever did so I suppose that says it all.
I for one wish him well at Killie and hope it comes back to bite Clueless in the bum.
Canning couldn't spot a striker in a picket line.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Re: Brophy

Postby Laid-back Accie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 am

He wanted to go, he refused to sign a new deal, and let his contract run out.
Laid-back Accie
Pub League

Postby Gav » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:52 am

Nowhere near good enough.
Gav
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Well good enough for us.
Never tried hard enough to keep him.
That's why he quite rightly said "Fcuk you, Calamity, I'm off"
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Well good enough for us.
Never tried hard enough to keep him.
That's why he quite rightly said "Fcuk you, Calamity, I'm off"

Yeah, we were totally crazy to let him go..with his 2 league goals in 66 apps for us.

I'm MORE than happy with Rojano, he is leaps ahead of Brophy and doesn't spend the majority of games on his arse.
Even Rakish has equalled Brophy's scoring record, he's even on 3 this season so far from 9 shots on target :geek:
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Brophy had his chances and failed miserably.He never kicked on from his two goals at Partick and had more falls on his arse than goals.

Granted,Steve Clarke has Killie picking up points,but they still have the same Shiite players and their recent results are due in a large part to the ineptitude of the opposition.

Nothing to fear from them.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:59 pm

We never played with 2 up front when Brophy was here. He didn’t want to stay anyway he was offered a new contract and rejected it so luckily we got a small development fee for him, both parties are happy enough with that imagine so we should move on.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:We never played with 2 up front when Brophy was here. He didn’t want to stay anyway he was offered a new contract and rejected it so luckily we got a small development fee for him, both parties are happy enough with that imagine so we should move on.

The formation of one up front worked for us for many years, Stevie May rattled in goals for fun for us playing as the one centre forward.

I seen most of Brophys appearances over the years, he felt for me like he was not fast, physical or of the level we needed for a striker. Potential wise Bingham *who is only 24 * could become a good level striker in time, he has the pace anyway. Rojano is also only 26.
Not to mention the far more impressive strikers we have in the u20s lineup currently.

Enjoy Kilmarnock young Eamonn, hope you prove us all wrong...but probably won't.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:45 pm

Sorry he just wasn't good enough
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Accies have never replaced Paul Ritchie from many moons ago with a prolific striker. Can anyone name a 20 plus goals striker we've had since Ritchie? It's beyond me that folk don't rate brophy because he scored 2 in 66 lol. What chance did the kid have seeing imposters like Hasselbaink, Diaby, Roy and Bingham being picked b4 him? He's got more goals than Rojano btw, just saying
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Fake News
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Accies have never replaced Paul Ritchie from many moons ago with a prolific striker. Can anyone name a 20 plus goals striker we've had since Ritchie? It's beyond me that folk don't rate brophy because he scored 2 in 66 lol. What chance did the kid have seeing imposters like Hasselbaink, Diaby, Roy and Bingham being picked b4 him? He's got more goals than Rojano btw, just saying

Stevie May -
25 goals in 33 apps. Solo striker. Did not spend majority of time on his arse.

PS
Rojano has 2 league goals in his first 9 games
Brophy had 27 games and 2 goals.
Bingham has had 3 league goals from 9 games this season.

See the weak link?
Statistics may not account for every run made off the ball etc, but I've watched nearly 90% of his appearances for the first team, every 2 minutes of potential was dogged down by multiple more minutes of ineptitude.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Brophy has scored 3 in last two games ...
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:14 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Brophy has scored 3 in last two games ...

Yes, for a killie team that scored 5 in one game. I'm talking about his time with ACCIES, the important stats.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:02 pm

judgeflash wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Accies have never replaced Paul Ritchie from many moons ago with a prolific striker. Can anyone name a 20 plus goals striker we've had since Ritchie? It's beyond me that folk don't rate brophy because he scored 2 in 66 lol. What chance did the kid have seeing imposters like Hasselbaink, Diaby, Roy and Bingham being picked b4 him? He's got more goals than Rojano btw, just saying

Stevie May -

PS

See the weak link?
Statistics may not account for every run made off the ball etc, but I've watched nearly 90% of his appearances for the first team, every 2 minutes of potential was dogged down by multiple more minutes of ineptitude.

Forgot about May.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Stevie May -

PS

See the weak link?

Forgot about May.

:shock: but he scores when he wants too...STEVIEEEE MAAY
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:34 pm

4 in 3 now.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby AlMac » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:13 pm

He got plenty of opportunities to prove himself at Accies and didn't take them. That doesn't mean that he can't improve and be successful elsewhere, however that's got nothing to do with his previous employer....
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Richard Offiong scored 21 goals in season 2007/08, 19 in the league, 2 in the cups.

Regarding Brophy I'd have been happy if he'd stayed as potentially he had goals in him, as Kilmarnock have found, but when he wanted to leave I wasn't particularly bothered by his absence.
Good enough player but he thought he was better than he is.
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:

4 in 3 now.

The facts are for OUR TEAM, he could not score league goals, it doesn't matter what he does with another team, it's his ability with our squad that mattered. It's a marathon not a sprint, he's now 1 goal ahead of Rakish for the season. Let's keep it in perspective.
judgeflash
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies