Old match day threads will be moved here

Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby accies1874 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Despite our good form lately, we’re still pretty close to the relegation zone - 5 ahead of bottom and 4 ahead of the play-off - so we simply have to carry this on. Hearts and definitely beatable and another 5 points (at least) before Christmas would be a successful first half.
I thought they were better than us at NDP, despite us having more of the ball, but we made life easy for them by lumping it long to Berra and Souttar. We’re definitely going to need to improve on Saturday’s performance.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm sure we will improve from Saturday's performance. Away from home on the grass we're much better.
Gogic back and the real Greg Docherty will make a difference.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:01 pm

It feels as though our away form has been better than our home form for many years. I'm not convinced that it's the pitch, though. More likely something about atmosphere.

Whichever it is, we have won away from home 3 times this season, and only once at home and that was back in August. So, nothing to fear about visiting Tinycastle. I see another draw: 2-2.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:02 pm

accies1874 wrote:Despite our good form lately, we’re still pretty close to the relegation zone - 5 ahead of bottom and 4 ahead of the play-off - so we simply have to carry this on. Hearts and definitely beatable and another 5 points (at least) before Christmas would be a successful first half.
I thought they were better than us at NDP, despite us having more of the ball, but we made life easy for them by lumping it long to Berra and Souttar. We’re definitely going to need to improve on Saturday’s performance.

We're also 2 points off top 6 so league is very close.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:02 pm

2 nil Accies, Hearts are pish
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
accies1874 wrote:Despite our good form lately, we’re still pretty close to the relegation zone - 5 ahead of bottom and 4 ahead of the play-off - so we simply have to carry this on. Hearts and definitely beatable and another 5 points (at least) before Christmas would be a successful first half.

We're also 2 points off top 6 so league is very close.

If you're the glass half-empty type (on here - surely not? ;) ) you'll note that it's very tight at the bottom, take away our head-to-head v Dundee and they're actually ahead of us (so they're better against the rest of the league), and Killie have improved since changing their manager (6 points from 6 versus 6 from 9 before).

But if you're glass half-full, we're top of the bottom five, with a significantly better goal difference, closer to the top six than the bottom two, and we're the only team apart from Celtic unbeaten in the last five games.

The congested December fixture list will tell us a lot. I'm looking for us to start by taking something at Tynecastle - at least a draw, but I'm hopeful (on the basis of our recent form and overall away form) that we can win.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:12 pm

If we win today, and St Johnstone fail to beat Kilmarnock, we move up to sixth.

#LookingUp
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby monkeybones » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Best team all day. Should have won. Hearts were super lucky to have that free kick. Would not have scored any other way. Well played accies
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Hearts from the manager down are disgusting.

Complete gang of a team with diver walker. How many times did templeton and Rojano get clattered from souttar and Berra. I don’t know what the hearts fans were booing at at madden as he was spot on each time.

They scored with their only effort on target from a stupid foul 20 odd yards out. Diver walker scored against us from similar spot in March and they give him an opportunity to do the same.

Criticism. I thought MC should’ve been braver with his subs. Bringing redmond on as the 2nd sub after 85 minutes is a nonsense, give him 20 minutes at least to drive them back. Watching sarris pass to Tomas to sarris to Tomas to McCann was poor
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Thought we were pretty good today. McLaughlin made a couple of outstanding saves. Onwards and upwards.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:27 pm

We were comfortably the better team for 90 mins and if we keep playing like that we will be fine. Only a wonder save stopped us from winning the game.
Gav
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:03 pm

Disappointed not to have won that. That's six games unbeaten, but it's a lot of draws, and I hope we don't rue failing to win games like today. Annoying that Dundee and Kilmarnock won, so we're actually closer to all the teams below us apart from Partick.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:29 am

Craig Levein is a tosser.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:16 am

Willie Wastle wrote:Disappointed not to have won that. That's six games unbeaten, but it's a lot of draws, and I hope we don't rue failing to win games like today. Annoying that Dundee and Kilmarnock won, so we're actually closer to all the teams below us apart from Partick.

These past 4 games were incredibly tough, so us coming out of if with 2 wins and 2 draws can only be a positive. The difference between our excessive draws last season and this season is that we have won a couple of games in between. The past month or so can only be perceived as positive. We are also fighting back from a goal down now compared to the other way about.
We have 3 winnable games before Christmas, too, which can put us in a great position come the winter break.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Jambos kickback is worth a read this morning. Some nutters on there.
Gav
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Gav wrote:Jambos kickback is worth a read this morning. Some nutters on there.

Twitter is more than enough for me. Glorious.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Gav wrote:Jambos kickback is worth a read this morning. Some nutters on there.

That page is the epitome of paranoia-even worse than Old Firm Forums if at all possible.

I said before the game at Ibrox that five points should be the target from the last three games...we are slightly disappointed at ONLY having five which shows our current mentality.

We owe St.Johnstone big time after that grand larceny up there the last time;however,I feel we play better away due to the dreadful state of our pitch which is a negative at the moment.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:50 pm

accies1874 wrote:We have 3 winnable games before Christmas, too, which can put us in a great position come the winter break.

Plus Kilmarnock (h) and Motherwell (a) between Christmas and New Year.
Of the six games before the break only Celtic away is very likely to be pointless.
The key game to avoid defeat looks to be Thistle on the 23rd.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 pm

Had a read at the jambos kickback, fuck me they are severely deluded, talk about maroon tinted specs.

None of them mention or question why McPhee felt the need to sprint 5 yards to pick up a ball off the ground which was an Accies shy and to then hide it behind his back as McKinnon went for it, I’m sure they would’ve applauded Lennon for doing the same in an Edinburgh Derby.

I await the official sportscene drivel from Thompson and Stewart
Big Wurzil
Championship

Next

Return to Match Day Archives