Danny Redmond

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Danny Redmond

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:59 pm

Worth a wee thread on its own. IMO.

A gritty, fully committed player for us, and how many inch perfect paced passes from 'wee' Danny to give us that important goal. Again today, his pass to Temps was sublime for that equaliser. Often under-rated, and overlooked but when he comes on, he can sure find a great pass.

Glad to see him back from his recent injury absence.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Danny Redmond

Postby ndouglasparker » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Hear hear, terrific wee player
ndouglasparker
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm

He does have some cracking ability in the centre of the park for picking a pass, he seems confident with the ball at his feet and can run at players. My only grievance is when we are playing both him and crawford in the centre of the park, we lose far too many aerial/physical battles.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:55 pm

judgeflash wrote:He does have some cracking ability in the centre of the park for picking a pass, he seems confident with the ball at his feet and can run at players. My only grievance is when we are playing both him and crawford in the centre of the park, we lose far too many aerial/physical battles.

Thinks you're right, Judgeflash, but I think we have had a far more positive contribution from Danny, when he has played, than Ali, who has promised so much and mostly failed to consistently deliver in his many years with us.

Don't know how long Danny is contracted to us, but he is only 26 with plenty of playing years ahead. Hopefully we will have him tied up for the future again, with Ali's contract up in the summer, and possibly time for him to move on.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:39 pm

porcupine wrote:
Thinks you're right, Judgeflash, but I think we have had a far more positive contribution from Danny, when he has played, than Ali, who has promised so much and mostly failed to consistently deliver in his many years with us.

:lol:
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:48 pm

porcupine wrote:
judgeflash wrote:He does have some cracking ability in the centre of the park for picking a pass, he seems confident with the ball at his feet and can run at players. My only grievance is when we are playing both him and crawford in the centre of the park, we lose far too many aerial/physical battles.

Don't know how long Danny is contracted to us, but he is only 26 with plenty of playing years ahead. Hopefully we will have him tied up for the future again, with Ali's contract up in the summer, and possibly time for him to move on.

Sorry, despite his up and down form, without Crawfords contributions at times, we would have been relegated
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Agree 100%
Ali is class but you'll never please all of the people all of the time.
Even Jamie Fairlie got abuse from the main stand at Old Douglas Park one time.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:49 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Agree 100%

And Colin Harris was a particular hate figure on the terracing of ODP, at a time when he was one of the best players in the team.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:38 am

Willie Wastle wrote:

And Colin Harris was a particular hate figure on the terracing of ODP, at a time when he was one of the best players in the team.

Bomber is still my hero.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Is it not true Dunfermline Athletic are admirers of Redmond?
Seem to remember press reports linking a player or 2 from Accies,one of which was Danny.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Never heard that before, but we'd be daft to sell him to anyone at present. Always makes a positive difference to the team when playing.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:

I never abused him but never really rated him, similarly Billy Reid and Colin Miller....they’d be in my accies reject team ;)

Gerry McCabe, Jamie Fairlie and Alex Taylor were the outstanding midfielders of that era, with Alan Ferguson, Jim Weir, Gerry Collins, Stevie Clarke, John Brogan, Paul MacDonald and George McCluskey my other favourites from the last days of the Douglas Park terraces.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:22 am

Could provide quite a list too but Peter Duffield impressed in his relatively short spell with 39 goals in 72 games.
That's around 38 goals more than Dougie Somner.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Is it not true Dunfermline Athletic are admirers of Redmond?
Seem to remember press reports linking a player or 2 from Accies,one of which was Danny.

Docherty was the other.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:38 am

That's right.
If they have a spare half a mill they could always open transfer negotiations.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies