Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Postby accies1874 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Gilbaldo wrote:On Stewart's goal, I wasn't sure about it at the time but it seems to be clearly Scott McMann who played him onside. At the time, Dougie spoke to the assistant ref and then immediately had a go at Scott, so that must have been the reason for the goal to stand.
This is a far stronger Accies team that just a month ago and, if we can replicate what we saw at the weekend, we should be able to take something from a lot of the teams in the division.

Imrie having a go at McMann? Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before...
accies1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 pm

accies1874 wrote:
Gilbaldo wrote:On Stewart's goal, I wasn't sure about it at the time but it seems to be clearly Scott McMann who played him onside. At the time, Dougie spoke to the assistant ref and then immediately had a go at Scott, so that must have been the reason for the goal to stand.
This is a far stronger Accies team that just a month ago and, if we can replicate what we saw at the weekend, we should be able to take something from a lot of the teams in the division.

It's working though, I have been quite critical of Mcmann, I think he is prone to poor passing and mistakes in *ala switchng off for offsides* general, someone like Dougie keeping on top of him though will help keep him focused.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:44 pm

judgeflash wrote:
accies1874 wrote:

It's working though, I have been quite critical of Mcmann, I think he is prone to poor passing and mistakes in *ala switchng off for offsides* general, someone like Dougie keeping on top of him though will help keep him focused.

I think a lot of the time he can go overboard, though, to the point that it really knocks McMann’s confidence.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Colombian Boffin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:24 am

Spot on. Getting those players back and the addition of Rojano have made a huge difference. Ibrox will be extremely tough, but a point would be excellent.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Colombian Boffin wrote:

Spot on. Getting those players back and the addition of Rojano have made a huge difference. Ibrox will be extremely tough, but a point would be excellent.

If we go to ibrox with the attitude Killie went with that squad we've had for the last 2 games and with Rojano starting I feel we could get more than a point from Ibrox.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Colombian Boffin wrote:

If we go to ibrox with the attitude Killie went with that squad we've had for the last 2 games and with Rojano starting I feel we could get more than a point from Ibrox.

I agree.

Rangers have had their 'bounce' from their caretaker manager, and are due to drop points. As long as their new manager isn't in place before we go there a week on Saturday, then for the first time ever I fancy us to win there.

They got lucky when they came to us: we were missing some key players, not least our goalie; apart from a 10-minute spell in the 1st half when they scored 3 goals and won the game, we competed with them throughout; they scored a pen and we missed one, which made the scoreline look worse. But they're not really superior to us: if we play to our full potential we can beat them. That's what we should be aiming for.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:. then for the first time ever I fancy us to win there.

Except :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: when we beat Graeme Souness's team of all-stars... Chris Woods, Terry Butcher et all. OK it was the Cup and not the league but, with a much more ordinary Accies team that day, it shows that anything is possible with the right motivation from the management team.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Spot on. Getting those players back and the addition of Rojano have made a huge difference. Ibrox will be extremely tough, but a point would be excellent.[/quote]

If we go to ibrox with the attitude Killie went with that squad we've had for the last 2 games and with Rojano starting I feel we could get more than a point from Ibrox.[/quote]
I agree.

Rangers have had their 'bounce' from their caretaker manager, and are due to drop points. As long as their new manager isn't in place before we go there a week on Saturday, then for the first time ever I fancy us to win there.

They got lucky when they came to us: we were missing some key players, not least our goalie; apart from a 10-minute spell in the 1st half when they scored 3 goals and won the game, we competed with them throughout; they scored a pen and we missed one, which made the scoreline look worse. But they're not really superior to us: if we play to our full potential we can beat them. That's what we should be aiming for.[/quote]

Despite how well we played and how bad Rangers sometimes play, I can't see a win for us at Ibrox. As we know our history there is really poor. Not to mention some of the insane decisions that haven't been given *IE Red card for keeper, Red Card for the assault on Dougie* I genuinely feel some referees are scared of the backlash of giving decisions versus the old firm at their home ground.
If Martin switches to wing backs again, we are fucked, for sure. A flat 4 is needed so no gaps appear to let the columbian run into.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:01 pm

porcupine wrote:

Except :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: when we beat Graeme Souness's team of all-stars... Chris Woods, Terry Butcher et all. OK it was the Cup and not the league but, with a much more ordinary Accies team that day, it shows that anything is possible with the right motivation from the management team.

I'd hardly forgotten that.

I said it was the first time I fancied us to win there, not the first time that we had. For the record, I didn't fancy us to win on 31 January 1987 either.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
porcupine wrote:

I'd hardly forgotten that.

I said it was the first time I fancied us to win there, not the first time that we had. For the record, I didn't fancy us to win on 31 January 1987 either.

Nor did I then either! Apologies, WW, for misinterpretation :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Was there on 31st January 1987 also but that was a different Football Club to the one we'll be facing soon as far as I'm led to believe except when there is any talk of stripping titles it's the same Club but when the Sherriff Officers chap on Edmiston Drive they revert to being in oldco mode again conveniently.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Roy Ludd » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Martin blunders by playing Gerry McCabe wide on the left. He’s the best passer in the team and needs to be in the centre. Gary McDowall should have cut out the cross for their second goal by Garner, but it was a good piece of skill by Lawless for the equaliser.
Roy Ludd
Pub League

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:37 am

Alan McDougall played well.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Alan McDougall played well.

Good partnership with Eric Alexander.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Big Al combined playing with Accies and his full time job at John Wright Sports Centre in EK.
Helluva nice guy.
Accies were well covered in central defence around that time with good young defenders.
Jim Gormley,Gary Marshall and Robbie Robertson spring to mind.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives